Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Opinion Of TS3.

So I've played for around an hour now, and I have plenty of likes and dislikes about the game.

Disliking
1. Navigation. I love the idea of tilts, but I find it annoying to navigate around when I'm playing. In TS2 you could just move your mouse to the top of the screen and your lot would move with your mouse. On TS3 I have to use my keyboard, and I find it annoying during gameplay. Using my keyboard to move side to side, while adjusting tilts and clicking the buttons to rotate my view is too much during gameplay.

2. Buy Mode. I love the overall look of TS3 Buy Mode but I wish I could view more products at a time. Viewing 20 products at a time would be better for me, than viewing 9 and having to scroll constantly.

Liking

1. Create A Sim. Its really enjoyable, and I love all the customization I can do. From the skintones to body fat level, I feel I can get really creative when making sims. I'm also loving the traits feature. It makes you feel like you can build the exact person you want and you no longer have to imagine your sims personality. Choosing your sims voice was a feature I was blown away by! Its another feature that makes you feel like your sims are almost coming alive.
Choosing your sims favorite food, color and music was the icing on a perfect cake.

I love how you are now able to choose shoes also. Create A Sim was the first thing I did in the game, and so my first impression was overwhelmingly positive.
No more pretending. Your sim can be made to fit your imagination.

2. Placing Furniture. I'm love having the ability to place furniture items on a slant. It gives your rooms an extra sense of realism.

3. Flooring and Build Mode. So many options are available in Build Mode, I may be remodeling my sims homes every day. I was impressed by the extensive selection of floor tiles and choice of product among the build mode sections.

Thats all I've got around to doing so far, but I'll keep everyone updating on my feelings for the game.

Comments

• SimmerOfSimsSimmerOfSims Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It is good that there are more positive things. :)
  • nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    Go to Options to turn on edge scrolling :)

And right click and rotate to turn your screen.
  • ssmowie123ssmowie123 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009

I officially love you.

I <3 this game 100% more!

PERFECT.
  • SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited June 2009

Big thanks to you...like the OP the camera rotating was drving me crazy. Thanks for the tip...I saw the edge scrolling and didn't even think to check the box...lol.
  • ssmowie123ssmowie123 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    In the 5 recent minutes I've played I've realized how much I love the item placement!

You can place items on a slant, close to a wall, right against the wall.

You can also edit how long your Sims live which is an awesome feature for me as I got bored with (IMO) their overly long lifespan in TS2. I rarely stayed with a family long enough to watch them grow old, so editing the length of the lifespan really makes the game more enjoyable for me.

For everyone saying EA didn't put out a quality game, ect. Your crazy.
    They have changed things ( Like the lifespan) that I would have NEVER even thought to alter. The best part is, if you like it the old way, you can edit your game preferences and keep the settings similar to TS2.

A quality game, that I'm enjoying more and more as my playing time increases.

• nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm glad I could help :)
  • mewne0mewne0 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am blown away by Create A Sim. By far my favourite part of the game so far. I just wish it would quit crashing so much. :( I can't even play it right now until they release a patch.
  • nccsbballplayr18nccsbballplayr18 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So I really love the game -- create a sim was amazing!
    BUT... It feels like it is a lot harder to build relationships and that is kind of bugging me.