Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a Storymaker, too? Improvements to the Story Creator...

Okay, simmers, I know there's a BUNCH of story makers on the website. Also, a lot of us delete our pics after each chapter/story. Am I the only one completely sick of deleting each one by hand!?

What I'm asking EA to do is simply add a 'delete all' button so we can delete ALL our slides at once. Simple, no? I find the most...infuriating part is simply deleting all the slides after each chapter. If I let them simply stay, my slides start to pile up.

Yes, the Story Creator IS glitchy, but a lot of us can work around the glitches fairly quickly. But, please, EA, add a 'delete all' button!

So, Storymakers? Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Rants?

Comments

• milkewayplayermilkewayplayer Posts: 900 Member
    edited December 2009
    A delete all button would be nice! Also, instead of just a delete button to delete one by one like we have now, it'd be nice to have a box to check so we can delete in bulk! I hope EA fixes this soon!
  • WickedKnightWickedKnight Posts: 189 New Member
    edited December 2009
    You might want to check your stories... It appears any story prior to 12/13/09 that used pics you removed from your media section now does not have pics.

I have three stories up, only one on 12/13/09 - that one has pics, the other two look a bit stupid as no images -sigh-.
  • KittyKat6369KittyKat6369 Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited December 2009
    Having to delete each picture is extremely time consuming, though I like to keep everything decluttered. I would love to see a delete all button or even just a tick box so you can check all the pictures you want to delete then press a final delete button!
  • The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, one of my stories has no pics either. There's not much I can do about it, since those pics are already deleted, so...-shrugs-
  • The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited December 2009
    A quick bump to the first page. ^.^
  • milkewayplayermilkewayplayer Posts: 900 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yea, I head that if you made a story before sometime in the middle of December, and deleted the pictures, then you can't see them in the story either..
    Isn't that just FANTASTIC?! :evil:
    Now, I'm not sure what to do with the pics from my legacy chapters that were made before then... :?
  • SnackySnacky Posts: 607 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'd certainly like to make stories, but the stuff I like to write is Seinen, and inappropriate for this website.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2009
    I really enjoyed making stories in The Sims 2, but I don't bother with it in The Sims 3. I don't want to create the story online. I would be more effective offline.
    I also don't like the small images. Small for me anyway. I have a higher resolution monitor. It's also a widescreen monitor. So HD formated images look smaller than the standard format image. I've just given up on it all.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    I really enjoyed making stories in The Sims 2, but I don't bother with it in The Sims 3. I don't want to create the story online. I would be more effective offline.
    I also don't like the small images. Small for me anyway. I have a higher resolution monitor. It's also a widescreen monitor. So HD formated images look smaller than the standard format image. I've just given up on it all.

I hear that! I wrote lots of stories with Sims 2 but Sims 3 has made story making so much more complicated... too many things were not taken into consideration, like those of us with HD wide screen monitor's and the images are just horrendous. Not to mention, that for the longest time I couldn't even upload my images. They simply failed and yes, I went through weeks of communications with the folks at EA Games about it.

Now that I can upload images, I am attempting to do a Goth Legacy story. I was just wondering if I could delete the images I have used in my story and keep the story intact... which is why I did a forum search and how I found this topic.

So, with all the changes that have been made, I am wondering if anyone can tell me, yes or no; can I delete the images in my media tab without losing them in the finished story?
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2012
    This is why I haven't bothered continuing my Goth story or attempted to write any other story... If I can't delete the images and keep the story intact, it will take me longer and longer with each story I write as I will have more and more images to shift through. :roll: