The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Other Sims in Neighborhood

Wondering what I did wrong: I created a new Sim; placed him the neighborhood, saved my game, and now he is the only Sim in the neighborhood I can play.

I knew this would not work, but tried anyway--created a new Sim in the edit neighborhood realm, and moved her in, but cannot play her: my original Sim can only visit her.

Help?

Should I not have saved my neighborhood after creating a Sim?

Sunset Valley neighborhood.

Any help truly appreciated--I feel like a dolt! :oops:

Comments

• No_SmokingNo_Smoking Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I read that in order to play another sim (within the same town) you have to change your "active" sim. but doing so you will lose their saved Wishes and Promises.

There should be a button that says 'change active sim' or something like that
  • ibcnulduibcnuldu Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you change the active family there's a setting so time keeps progressing while you play another family. Happened to me. I switched families and my other family moved houses and named their baby. Kind of stinks. But the setting can be turned off.
  • rckingrcking Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2009
    It seems like you just get one household per neighborhood...
  • mrtauntaunmrtauntaun Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you go to edit town, there is a change active family button. However, even if you turn story progression off, your other families still progress regardless. I hope it's a bug.
  • KuriousKats3KuriousKats3 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, everyone! Worked exactly as you predicted--change active Sim :-)

I am fine with any other Sims progressing as I play a different Sim--it will be interesting to see what they do :-)

Promises and wishes are in high supply, so I am fine with those being reset, too, if I wish to play a different household.

I thought I was going to have to start a new game for each Sim! While that is an option, I like this one better :D

Thanks again!