Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overlook Bay - WIP [Updated Aug 31, 2010 - BETA testing resumed!]

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited September 2010
    Double post... Ignore this
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2010
    Love the preview of some of the town families! You've put a lot of thought into all this and I'm really looking forward to the world's release when you feel it's ready.
  • babygirl1114babygirl1114 Posts: 30
    edited September 2010
    Lee!!!! YOUR BACK!! lol do you need anymore lots built because i am SO down to get back into this town and i have wa now so im READY! send me a message at jumper [double underscore] girl [solo underscore] at hotmail dot com and lemme know because i dont check this as often as i should lol :) look 4ward 2 hearin from u! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT====> just to clarify---- this post makes my one in the other forum look like a lie i know but its just because i fixed the typo's loooool but i officially quit that .. If you need me to rebuild those lots let me know.

RE-EDIT
    > I have also uploaded a random lot I like alot.. It wasnt for your map and it has a family and loads of cc ( just a heads up ) but if you would like you can use it in your [other houses] list like you did with my mountain side home. and also my Feilds home might go well on that list.. also has a family and im not sure about the cc as it was my first upload ever i cant remember and cant be bothered to download and check it but it looks like it would go nicely in your town.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2010
    DOLLDRMS1:
    Thank You. Glad you liked the families. I've always enjoyed creating little stories around them and trying to make sure that their attributes and jobs and everything feels real. So most families are just "single story entities", but there are a couple that have inter-family relations in town as well. Such as the Hildebrands and Hoppers.

Hope you'll enjoy it when released!

babygirl1114:
    Hey! Great to see you back as well. More and more of you "old" builders showing up again, which makes me happy. Feel like I let a lot of you down when I went AWOL there for a while...

No reason to rebuild anything. The town is complete as it is, and your lots are safely in place again. I'm just playtesting and making sure everything works before I release the town.

As for your other lots. I'll have a look at them. But, I recommend you recommend them in my release thread of Overlook Bay when I've got the town released. There'll be like a small "exchange" there, where people can add lots they've built for Overlook Bay for people who want to replace something.

Great to have you back!
    edited September 2010
    oh cool you recovred the bachelor cabin and stuff? cant wait to see the town!! if you had an iffy release date do you know when around it willbe and how and whereto dwnload?

will it have rabbit holes for ambitions in place or at least empty lots in town to add them later?
    edited September 2010
    babygirl1114:
    Yep, everything that has been built for town was safely backed up before I went through the rebuilding process. I'm not sure if you used any CC or anything in your lots that would go missing in the new CC free version of the town, but I haven't noticed anything odd on your lots so far.

The town will not have anything specific for Ambitions in it's release state. There will be 8 free lots in the downtown area that you can build on. I have no idea how well suited those lots are for the rabbit holes, since I haven't got Ambitions installed, yet... just bought me a copy today, but will probably wait until after release (of Overlook Bay) to actually install it.

The "exchange" I hope to set up for the release thread of town would be a great place to submit Ambitions specific lots for people to add to their game.
    edited September 2010
    sounds good :)
  • ValanaValana Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Lee,

Glad to see your back! If you need help with anything let me know.

• DenonDenon Posts: 335 New Member
    edited September 2010
    :!:I hope you didn't install the latest patch for the Sims 3. Because it gives incompability error with CAW. So I recommend don't install or you won't be able to use CAW.:!:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2010
    babygirl1114:
    Does, doesn't it ;)

Valana:
    Hey! Great to see you again! I've been hoping you'd show up again, so you'd get the chance to see the finished result someday - considering all the work you've put in to make this town look great.

I'm almost done... well, I AM done - just playtesting now. I should get the town released within the next couple of days.

Denon:
    I did install the latest patch. I also downloaded the new version of CAW, so there's no problems using that either. I've got it under control ;)
    edited September 2010
    Honestly, I realized you had come back when I noticed that your profile picture had changed. I am excited to see the finished work.

After a couple of months went by I thought you weren't coming back. I revamped a few of my builds to fit in the normal Sunset Valley. I have had 2 pc crashes since you went on your vacation. I lost my entire folder of original builds. So, I hope you have them all. I just uploaded a patch and now my game doesn't want to load. Gotta love those patches. :roll:
    edited September 2010
    duplicate message
  • sandra7984sandra7984 Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2010
    Are you going to have some beachfront properties and empty lots in Overlook Bay?
    I find that in Riverview that the empty lots are quite small and alot of the empty
    areas have room for empty housing lots or even houses on them. I don't know how to do that, as you can see I am not that clever I wish I was. Why do you not put a Florist Shop in Overlook Bay? When a Sim is dateing it would enhance there chances with a Sim they really liked.
    I have been playing the sims since the the first one came out and have bought every Sim game and expansion pack since, I just love the game.

Sandra798
  • sandra7984sandra7984 Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2010
    Sorry I put the wrong signature it should be sandra7984 not sandra798. It's the first time I have replyed to anything.
    edited September 2010
    Did the page break? (I guess it didn't)

• parrot999parrot999 Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Is this still being beta tested? If so, is it almost ready for release? The suspense of not knowing what's been happening behind the scenes here, is killing me.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2010
    The world has been released in another thread. Go here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/260707.page
  • EfremRensiEfremRensi Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello everyone! I occasionally do a Google search on my name and I have been seeing this forum post appear in the results. A user by the name of Lee Mortis has apparently used my name for a character in a Sims creation. I don't know who this person Lee Mortis is or why he/she did this. My name is not common, and possibly unique so when anyone does a web search for my name, this result shows up. It's kind of wierd. Does anyone know what this is about?
    Oh I forgot to mention my name is Efrem Rensi. I find it odd that someone has created a wierd Sim version of me and posted about it online.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    EfremRensi wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I occasionally do a Google search on my name and I have been seeing this forum post appear in the results. A user by the name of Lee Mortis has apparently used my name for a character in a Sims creation. I don't know who this person Lee Mortis is or why he/she did this. My name is not common, and possibly unique so when anyone does a web search for my name, this result shows up. It's kind of wierd. Does anyone know what this is about?

He's a real person that used to be on Sims 2 and 3 - a real good designer of worlds and a real nice person - but have not seen him around in Sims 4 at all. My guess if there are issues someone might have taken his name or something- as he is not that kind of person. Last I knew he had been real ill in mid Sims 3 and last I know it may have been around 2010 or2011 that I last saw him. He had this amazing world he was working on called Overlook Bay or something like that. But he was a very talented creator of amazing worlds - and other things. I just know he had health problems that plagued him. Great person for sure. So talented.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Hey it really bothers me that someone has used my name and created a character that may reflect on my reputation in real life. Can someone please delete this post? Who can I contact about this?
  • dfxblockdfxblock Posts: 61 Member
    I think the Sims 3 is better than sims 4 because we have freedom