Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[TUTORIAL] How to create a bridge In CAW [TUTORIAL]

2...Next

Comments

• Christina33Christina33 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited April 2010
    magician...unfortunately you cannot get two bridges to snap together...you can raise the land in between and add a small piece of road to connect the two bridges.

mellicec - GREAT link...this is a great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Fenix7777777Fenix7777777 Posts: 13
    edited April 2010
    :cry: Ok, I'm getting so frustrated, my road just will not snap to my bridge come hell or highwater, I can do what I want (I've looked at the videos in youtube over and over) they just will not snap together, what am I doing wrong? please help. :?:
  • water_cat1water_cat1 Posts: 751 New Member
    edited April 2010
    the easiest way is to put the grid onto the angle of your bridge, place the roads on each side, then use the move tool to make the angle the same as the bridge, then move the road near the bridge.
  • jeany545jeany545 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey I've been looking all over the Forums for a How to Make a Bridge Tutorial and here it its...THX...but I already finished my World (Simtropolis, It appears to be Popular :D ) If I make a Simtropolis v2 I'll put a bridge...I dont plan On making Simtropolis v3 or more until a Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack comes :D thats why I left Big Community Lots In the City area
  • KickRamoneKickRamone Posts: 302 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Here is someone's idea I came across on MTS.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=399198
  • diago258diago258 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2010
    thanks for all of the really helpful information!! now my question really doesnt have to do with the tutorial...but it seems like everyone here knows what they are talking about. so when i opened up CAW it seemed to be working normally but then a pop up came up and it said that CAW had crashed because it was trying to write protected memory. now i have re-installed it about 4 times and the same thing happens every time. could anyone tell me what is happening and fast??? :shock: i want to get back to building towns! :D
  • daveniners1daveniners1 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Diago258, It is a bug I got awhile back. Get CAW again now. Should help.
  • roxsroxs Posts: 505 New Member
    edited August 2010
    *****224 wrote:
    quick question about it, because i was just going to ask if anyone has tried putting 2 bridges together. I tried this morning and my test sim avoided the bridge. will the 2 bridges snap together with each other like roads do?

I have tried to connect them, and they just won't do it, I wish they would!
  • Tiferoo11Tiferoo11 Posts: 72
    edited September 2010
    I've got WA but when I try to build a bridge its telling me I need a new layer before adding an object and then it says "error creating instance"

???

not a clue whats going on! I didn't see this anywhere else in this forum so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not! What do i do?
  • BobblesBobbles Posts: 10 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Bookmarked! Thankyou!
  • AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for this tutorial, ryanmountford2!
    I'm having problems snapping the road to the bridges, though. I'm using the Suspension Bridge, and no matter what I try, the road is always half a square off. Any ideas on how to fix this?

6f1hci.png

Thanks!
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited March 2011
    The suspension bridge connection tab is further back then most bridges. If you click on the bridge with the move object tool (where the lines show) you will see the bridge tabs.
    Drag the road further into the bridge to connect them.
  • acul1999acul1999 Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Help I have a problem with the suspension bridge too! i can't get it to connect with the road anybody know how to connect it?
    [/img]http://i54.tinypic.com/6f1hci.pngIf that doesn't work then just look at AngelicMisery's picture. Will it work like that or do I have to do something special?
  • whatpersonawhatpersona Posts: 24 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I could never line up the 2 bridges next to each others, no matter how hard I try :(
  • whatpersonawhatpersona Posts: 24 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Tiferoo11 wrote:
    I've got WA but when I try to build a bridge its telling me I need a new layer before adding an object and then it says "error creating instance"

???

not a clue whats going on! I didn't see this anywhere else in this forum so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not! What do i do?

Just create a new layer before putting the bridge. I got the same message so I made a new layer.
  • SophieMMonsterSophieMMonster Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    For those who don't have this bridge, the "Old Pier" also works as a bridge.

For those who want to connect to bridges, you can't connect them directly, but you can create a short road on a small landmass and extend your bridge that way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top