Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW and fps limiter, help!

Hello!
I need a bit of help, Create A World is running great apart from the fact I have to use an fps limiter to run it. Now the problem I have now is with the "Edit In Game" option. You see, this option opens a dumbed down version of the game as a different program to the tool. But sadly even though the fps limiter works with the tool it does not work with the "Edit In Game" option. The problem here is that you can only lauch "Edit In Game" via the tool, and there is no apparent shortcut for "Edit In Game" so I cannot link the limiter with this option. Could someone please help? :-)
How can I get the fps limiter to work with "Edit In Game"? :(

Comments

• doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Bump :-)
    edited December 2009
    Bump...? :)
    edited December 2009
    Bump... :(
    edited May 2010
    Sorry, I know this post is VERY old. But I still really do need an answer. :(
    And I thought it would be easier to just bump this thread rather than create an entirely different one. :)
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi,

Instead of using an FPS limiter for CAW, have you tried enabling V-Sync via the video card's control panel? Forcing V-Sync on will also prevent the GPU from being over-throttled.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
    edited May 2010
    Hi,

Instead of using an FPS limiter for CAW, have you tried enabling V-Sync via the video card's control panel? Forcing V-Sync on will also prevent the GPU from being over-throttled.

Yeah, I have V-Sync forced on by default for all programs, but I'm still getting high fps spikes. :(
  • JACKIESEANJACKIESEAN Posts: 148
    edited August 2011
    Glad i have found this post, i am using the fps limiter in my sims 3 and have just recently started CAW and i find it crashed, is there a FPS limiter around for CAW? and how do i follow the steps to enable the V-sync ?