Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• YouMeNYCYouMeNYC Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2011
    YouMeNYC signs this petition. I'm glad so many people agree that Macs should be able to install the CAW tool. It's very unfair that only PC's are able to download it. I hope EA will notice and make a version for the Macs!
  • Tenix33Tenix33 Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    I'm so for this! How could they not make a CAW for mac?? That's very messed up. Especially when all the worlds I'm downloading are really poorly made!

PLEASE MAKE A CAW FOR MAC!!!

put my name in the petition please

1. Teni
  • Me491Me491 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I bet EA never looks at these petitions anyway. I just want to use that tool :(
  • Platt57Platt57 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Signed,

Platt57
  • 101random101101random101 Posts: 10
    edited January 2011
    i really wish they'd make one aswell, i dont have anyroom for anything

signed- 101random101
  • Cubby_MichaelCubby_Michael Posts: 15
    edited January 2011
    Considering EA games has gotten at least 40.00 out of pretty much every person/family that's represented in this forum (and easily 4-500.00 from ours over the years), one would think at minimum they would either release CAW for the Mac OS or tell us that they have no intentions of ever doing so. :shock:

Please count me amongst those who both hope they release it and encourage them to do so quickly. :mrgreen:
  • LP100manLP100man Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    I just got this game for x-mas and have seen the amazing worlds that other users (pc) have mad with the create a world tool.

I AM SO 🐸🐸🐸🐸 THAT EA HASNT GIVEN THE AMAZING MAC USERS CREATE A WORLD! Mac is more compatible in many ways, we should be treated fairly and given this oppurtunity!

signed!
  • LawMyLoveLawMyLove Posts: 181 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It's crazy, it has been more than a year since CAW came out and still no news on when it will be released for Mac.

Signed!!
  • rad1rad1 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This thread is a waste of disk space. It's just not going to happen. EA didn't code Sims 3 for the Mac, they just inclosed it in a wrapper. If you want to run CAW on a Mac get a copy of Windows and install it on your Mac. Problem solved.
  • hrsegrl1hrsegrl1 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited January 2011
    rad1 wrote:
    This thread is a waste of disk space. It's just not going to happen. EA didn't code Sims 3 for the Mac, they just inclosed it in a wrapper. If you want to run CAW on a Mac get a copy of Windows and install it on your Mac. Problem solved.

Some of us don't want to spend money just because we bought a mac over crappy PCs, and we shouldn't have to.
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone tried e-mailing or even calling the headquarters, and simply asking if they will? And also telling them that there are about 600 signatures right on this thread?
  • cheloo22cheloo22 Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    Signed!

Really, I'm getting sick of downloading towns and seeing them with 15 empty, tiny, useless lots. Hopefully EA will see that we the Mac users deserve CAW too. :|
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited January 2011
    cheloo22 wrote:
    Signed!

Really, I'm getting sick of downloading towns and seeing them with 15 empty, tiny, useless lots. Hopefully EA will see that we the Mac users deserve CAW too. :|
    Check out the World Index instead of the Exchange.
  • cheloo22cheloo22 Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    The Sims 3 'Create-a-World' tool - Beta, will only be released on the PC format, i know this is a big disappointment for all you mac user's out there. But there is a very big reason behind it, after it's initial release, the crew at EA is going to be making adjustments and patches and sprucing it up for a more "user-friendly" version. It would be twice the trouble to convert everything over every time they make a patch, more than 3/4 of the 'sim fanatics' playing The Sims 3 are playing on a PC. Macs are not high-end gaming platforms, and are quite pricy. Personally, i believe the mac community should wait for what they get, seeing as this is the first time that The Sims, has been released simultaneously for PC/MAC. Petitions are never going to change anyone at EA's mind, it's their game their rules. The EA crew themselves developed the game on PC's so therefore it only makes sense that it would be initially released on PC only. The mac community just needs to be patient, it's not like they bought their mac JUST for The Sims 3, they made their decision on buying the more expensive model, so they need to deal with the fact that they didn't buy what the sims 3 was created for.

Ouches. At least you were nice about it, but I still think that this petition can (and will! Hoo-rah!) change EA's mind.

And maglc from a million pages back, Macs don't suck, and they never will suck. Unless Apple does something horribly life wrecking to all computers.

I realize that I like to argue back and complain when it comes to those PC users who say that this petition won't do anything and that we shouldn't buy Macs to play The Sims 3. I believe that people must think without doubt that I'm a conceited snobbish liar. Thanks to all who do./sarcasm :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Cswartz9Cswartz9 Posts: 121
    edited January 2011
    I agree a million times! Add my name to the list!
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I want to sign up!! i would like to create my own world on my mac! Come on EA!!!
    edited February 2011
    My brother is a huge fan of Spore, which is also created by the same people of The Sims. He has had the same problem with extra stuff like us mac users do with CAW, he said that all of these were only available for pc WHEN IN BETA! once they left beta they were available to all mac users and pc users!

-also if you dont believe this, the create a pattern was only available for pc users when in beta, where as now it is out of beta and now it is for mac users. All we have to do now is be patient!
  • hollygolightlyschollygolightlysc Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2011
    bump
  • masomulvesmasomulves Posts: 339
    edited February 2011
    sign me up please :)
    ps. what do you think the the next epansion pack is Seasons , pets what or maby its a creat a world tool for macs with cantent and everything to make are world great! :mrgreen:
  • sxc_princess41sxc_princess41 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    :evil: Why can`t mac people have the same advantages as pc people?? It`s not fair :evil:
  • dudes10101dudes10101 Posts: 131 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Sign me on!!
  • shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2011
    I too would really like to see CAW for Mac and have the opportunity to give it a try.
  • easilyamusd987easilyamusd987 Posts: 26
    edited February 2011
    I would like to sign! I was given my mac as a gift and I love it desperately! I can / do run Windows 7 on it as well, but I would prefer to have my sims3 all on the mac os.

Now that I've added my name to the list, I am off to write a formal letter :D
  • MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited February 2011
    Still nothing?...

(I've signed already... a looong time ago)
  • XStormyXDayzXXStormyXDayzX Posts: 12 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Put My Name in too!

The money I have spent on this game should be valued every bit as much as those on a PC.

I bought the original sims, and all the expansion packs
    I bought the Sims 2 and all the expansion packs
    I now have the sims 3 and all the expansion packs

and yet, because I run on a Mac now, and not PC means I'm not worth as much? I don't get all the features and updates?

We deserve everything the PC users get!!!