Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did they even make this game really?

1235...Next

Comments

• Shennica17Shennica17 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I must definately say that I completely agree wit you RichiepoleJnr. I was hopin for more in the Sims 3 but didn't get what I was expecting. Im so glad that I didn't erase The Sims2 off of my PC because I would be extremely disappointed.

I hate the fact that on TS3, you can't go in most of the buidings, the other Sims stand around and do nothing when you throw a party, and I feel really restricted from choosing options I want to choose. Like what's up with the baby bottle appearing out of no where when you feed your baby and you can no longer go to the store and actually buy your clothes.

This game SUCKS. I'll just enjoy TS2 until the an expansion pack comes out for TS3.
  • SimCountyKing2781SimCountyKing2781 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Let me start off that both points are valid why it is not as good as TS2 and why TS3 is better. Let's Start on my evil note. :twisted: The game just got released and like all new games there are some problems, some technical issues and it is pretty much limited to the basics just like TS1, and TS2 were when they were first released. I am a hardcore sims player I even play SC4 the sims are something I enjoy and find addictive. Yes the fact that it lacks more items sucks, the fact that you can not use your custom sim 2 content sucks, no pets ****, but it won't stop me from playing the game. Yes it crashes, yes it locks up. :cry: But Lets get on the happy note you don't need a ton of friends to excel at work, more sims can be at you house at any one time, your sim can buy business' to make extra cash, you can build multi-leveled homes, the city changes over time as well,( your next door nieghbors child will grow up and become and adult with out you having to log into the family). You can fish apply for jobs at actual visitable structures, go to the park head out to the beach all without loading screens or changing of nieghborhoods. So be patient like every gaming company EA has to make money and new expansion packs will follow you'll get your pets back, you will get more items to add to your house. :wink: Everything is going to be aye ok, but I will say this paying for items with points to add to this game sucks donkeybutt :mrgreen:
  • ZeffrinZeffrin Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009

I'm skipping the last 3 pages here but I just wanted to state one last opinion and that is..

Trait system vs the old thing with the sliders
    Community that all age, get married and do their own thing around my family and
    the big one... create a style

These three things make it totally a new game if you ask me, we're talkin major engine changes here.. and good ones I feel too! Well once all the random baby and people moving houses stuff is sorted.

I think thats the one thing not living up to my expectations, Im hoping they patch the AI up a bit so its a bit more like life.. people meet, and get married and stay together on a sliding scale like.. 5% of marriages last one year, 10% three years, 20% fives years, 20% 10 years, 20% 20 years, 25% for life or something like that...

Maybe young adults could have a 30% changes of having children per year, and adults 15% or something... people should move when they get married, or when they become adults if they dont marry.

Yeah something like that

• FatChickFatChick Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was expecting, perhaps, too much from the game. Or perhaps I'm just having technical issues.

Why can't I make my people look really unique? I try to make big lips and nothing happens. It seems that only a few of the "looks" features really do anything on my game. In Sims 2, you could be really creative with how you made your people look.

I'm enjoying it okay, but I guess I'm one of those people who really likes creating Sims and this aspect of it is really disappointing.

Also...I have to say...I think it really, really sucks that I have to buy new items from the "store."

Oh....and I can't make my own content without the Sims 2? I don't want to put Sims 2 on my computer as well and take up so much space just so I can design my own stuff. What's up with that?

Anyway...just giving my impressions of the game thus far.
  • AangaAanga Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Let me start off that both points are valid why it is not as good as TS2 and why TS3 is better. Let's Start on my evil note. :twisted: The game just got released and like all new games there are some problems, some technical issues and it is pretty much limited to the basics just like TS1, and TS2 were when they were first released. I am a hardcore sims player I even play SC4 the sims are something I enjoy and find addictive. Yes the fact that it lacks more items sucks, the fact that you can not use your custom sim 2 content sucks, no pets ****, but it won't stop me from playing the game. Yes it crashes, yes it locks up. :cry: But Lets get on the happy note you don't need a ton of friends to excel at work, more sims can be at you house at any one time, your sim can buy business' to make extra cash, you can build multi-leveled homes, the city changes over time as well,( your next door nieghbors child will grow up and become and adult with out you having to log into the family). You can fish apply for jobs at actual visitable structures, go to the park head out to the beach all without loading screens or changing of nieghborhoods. So be patient like every gaming company EA has to make money and new expansion packs will follow you'll get your pets back, you will get more items to add to your house. :wink: Everything is going to be aye ok, but I will say this paying for items with points to add to this game sucks donkeybutt :mrgreen:

I have to interject on something. Not being able to use TS2 content in TS3 sucks? ehhhh? It wouldn't work! The sims don't even look the same, so how would it be possible for something I downloaded from thesimsresource to work in TS3? Seriously people...

Not being able to see inside buildings...yea I'm not fond of that.

Crashing/Locking up...haven't had that issue yet and I've had about 30 hours of game play since I got it June 2nd morning. So I suppose it's either your computer, or some copies of the game have issues on them.

@the good points...highly agree :D
    edited June 2009
    FatChick wrote:
    I was expecting, perhaps, too much from the game. Or perhaps I'm just having technical issues.

Why can't I make my people look really unique? I try to make big lips and nothing happens. It seems that only a few of the "looks" features really do anything on my game. In Sims 2, you could be really creative with how you made your people look.

I'm enjoying it okay, but I guess I'm one of those people who really likes creating Sims and this aspect of it is really disappointing.

Also...I have to say...I think it really, really sucks that I have to buy new items from the "store."

Oh....and I can't make my own content without the Sims 2? I don't want to put Sims 2 on my computer as well and take up so much space just so I can design my own stuff. What's up with that?

Anyway...just giving my impressions of the game thus far.

Have you used the "advanced" tab in the "looks" section? For eyes, ears, etc?

Because I used that and it changed their facial structure just as much as in TS2.

The custom content creator thing wasn't available for TS2 right off the bat. Have patience, my friend.
  • aeowyn22aeowyn22 Posts: 171 New Member
    edited June 2009
    --
    Thats your problem, not the game. I can make people look very very different from each other. Have you clicked the magnifying glass in the face sculpting sections? It takes some getting used to.

--
    Elaborate? :S How does having ts2 let you make CC?

I think it really, really sucks that I have to buy new items from the "store."
    --
    You dont HAVE to, and I think its really really great that they give you free points there.
  • FatChickFatChick Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009

I did!! It just isn't really helping me much. It's only certain things. The nose changes, the chin, etc. But the eyes, mouth....they don't change much. It makes me sad!
    edited June 2009
    @buying stuff from the store: I'm rather happy about it. I'd rather spend a few bucks here and there to get specific clothes/objects I want rather than spending $20 on a stuff pack that only has` a few things I really wanted...

Also...TS2 had/has` a store aswell. Nothing new.

I imagine they may still make stuff packs for TS3...
    edited June 2009
    FatChick wrote:

I did!! It just isn't really helping me much. It's only certain things. The nose changes, the chin, etc. But the eyes, mouth....they don't change much. It makes me sad!

I'd play around with it a bit more...Hmm. I really haven't run` into the same issue as you
  • ZeffrinZeffrin Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    FatChick wrote:

The blue buttons on the thing in the picture inside the advanced tab set which part of each feature for example the lips... click the global one at the bottom right and set basically the scale and position of the mouth, click the upper lip and adjust the poutiness and length of the upper lip, click the lower and do the same for that....

Nose, click the global and move the nose up and down, set the scale etc, click the bridge to adjust the bridge, click the end to turn the nose end up and down and how far out from the face, click the nostrils to adjust the "flare" in the nose...

Its definately at least as customisable as sims 2 was... my only complaint is that even with the face width thing on minimum they're all fat heads, hahahaha

Oh and maybe im doing something wrong but I just can't seem to get asian looking sims, just tanned caucasians
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2009
    They made the game to entertain me. Sorry you don't feel that way, have your tried reaching the top of all the careers, all the challenges, finding all the stuff, have you seen all the perks from the 60+ traits? You've been busy.

You are entitled to your opinion. I wish everyone could play this game on a topped out comp like mine, you'd see the world of differences between Sims 2 and 3.

• WarmMachineMEWarmMachineME Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm one of those people that had the Sims 2 and most of the expansion content, stuff packs, etc. I'm also one of those people that uninstalled all of it before I had Sims 3 installed.

Even with the problems, I can't imagine trying to go back again. Those problems will eventually be patched (The Sims isn't exactly vaporware). I love the living neighborhood, I love how the needs and satisfying them has changed, I REALLY love the new personality system, I love that there is the possibility for more body types besides skinny or not skinny.

The personality system felt pejorative before. Your sim could be outgoing OR neat OR smart OR athletic, etcetera. Now my sim can be as good and skilled or as bad and stupid as I want.

Not being able to play multiple families in quite the same way bugs me a little. But when I really think about it, the biggest reason I ever played any besides my favorite household was just to facilitate something I wanted to do back at my favorite household. There's not as much need for that here. And expansions will likely add new play options. I wouldn't be surprised to see an ability to play multiple households at once added eventually. With the way the town is handled in Sims 3, I don't know what would be stopping them from adding that option.

Getting custom content into Sims 2 always felt unwieldy and tedious to me. Now creating custom content has been added into the game itself, and is very easy to do.

Really, it's my opinion that they've improved on Sims 2 in almost every way. Once they get some of the launch problems ironed out, I'm very excited for what they could do with this new platform expansion-wise.
  • Melzor03Melzor03 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2009
    People need to stop saying this game isn't good enough. I mean I agree that we should have hot tubs pool tables and memories but if you really think about it, how many years passed between the Sims 1 and the Sims 2? And how many years passed between the Sims 2 and the Sims 3? If you want to wait 10 years in between each new game then fine this game isn't good enough but it has been 3 years and I think this game is pretty good. I like that I can walk down the street and meet a new girl or guy for my sim to date or to have a sim I created to date my sim grow up at the same time my other sim does I think that saves alot of time and is really cool. I don't like that custom families are getting moved put of the neighborhood but what game is perfect when it first comes out? Chill out people and enjoy the game.
  • Watley425Watley425 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I admit there are things that I need to get used to in TS3.

1. The movement controls. I am so used to just mousing to the sides, top and bottom of the screen to move my view in TS2, I have to rethink it everytime I do it in TS3, lol. :lol:
    2. The rabbit holes are slightly annoying. I liked going into the places like resturants and such just in TS2 to meet people, but there is always the parks, beaches, etc. to visit for that. I will usually eat outside to make up for that issue.
    3. I do miss the availability of the CC. Although I know it will eventually be out there. One thing is certain, Simmers are a very creative lot. :)

I know there are some major bugs with the game. I do have a few bugs, crashes during gameplay. I had my computer checked up before the release and there was nothing wrong with it. I couldn't install the game from disk, but it worked fine in digital DL. I figure every PC game that comes out has some bugs that need to be tweeked/fixed. Why they do, even when tested before release, chalk it up to human error I guess. Is it fair to market a game with bugs and glitches? Not really, but it happens all the time. Ea is not the only game manufactuer that has to release patches. It happened when TS2 was first released, it was just so long ago it's easy to forget. EA will eventually fix it, they always have.

I play TS3 and I enjoy it for the game that it is right now. I am sure it will be just as, or more entertaining as TS2. Just give it time. I do understand the frustration some people have because they paid for a game that they can't play. I felt the same way when I could not install the disk. I am not holding EA blameless, or have a naive impression of them. All I know is that they have fixed their Sims games in the past and there is no reason to believe they won't do it this time.

AS for those of you who bought the game and don't like it. Well I hate to say it, but it's a risk you take when you buy ANY new game. It happens all the time. I will not buy any console or handheld game title without renting it and playing it first. I know you can't do that with a PC game, but as I said it is always a risk. Just my opinion, sorry for the length.