Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More freedom in design, remove or alter item stats.

Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
Have you ever been annoyed by the fact that sleeping took too long, but getting the best bed for you Sims meant choosing a design you dislike?

With the current freedom in styles, you can create any design you want. No longer do you have to live with a chair you like the model of, but not the color. Now we can just change that.

Therefor, it feels like a step back to have certain items which exceed others in stats, and oblige the player to conform to their look just to get the best for their Sims.

I've thought of something concerning beds. Why not split beds up into two parts. One being the frame, and the other the mattress - of which the latter would hold stats like energy and stress relief. This way, you preserve the stats aspects, yet grant players more freedom in choosing the look of their furniture.

I've noticed they've already done this in a way to toilets. All toilets have the same bladder stat, making them practically all just as effective.

However, environment is a stat which is also applied to certain items more so than others. I don't have a strong suggestion on how to possibly change this to fit into my concept, but we could, for example, be given the option to polish or upgrade certain items in such a way to increase their environmental stat.

What do you think?

Comments