Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Would You Rate WA?

Hi, i am thinking of buying the SIMS 3 WA. But i was just wondering weather you think it's good. Please would you tell me your opinion on the Game, any cool new interactions and at the end of your post would you please tell me how you rate the game out of 10 please. It would be much appreciated. :)

Comments

• JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited November 2009
    Now that I've got the game working after deleting bunch of corrupted CC, I would rate it an 8.5.
  • LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
  • Matty16Matty16 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Although i love it!

Being as mean as possible i would give an 8.5 too :)

Its brilliant, but i just wish there were a few more objects and the french interiors looked a little more french...
  • sadecmsadecm Posts: 25 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Great graphics, but because unlike the most people who have the game I HATE the adventures especially when it doesn't make sense for a few of the families that I have created, I give it a 5. There should be more options for those who don't want to do the adventures (like staying in a hotel and whatnot) and going on tours like they had on bon voyage in Sims 2
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2009
    In it's current state i'd only give it around a 4.

If they ever get all the issues with it corrected then I might say 7 or 8.
  • JacarrJacarr Posts: 245 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I've always been pretty critical of games when it comes to rating them. With that said, 7.5.

The EP needed more time under the hood. There's a plethora of bugs that you may or may not run in to. I haven't ran into bugs I've seen other posters make, we've speculated and it seems to be because I started a new game where as others used existing game saves, but ran into bugs that others have both shared and ones that only I've seemed to run in to so far.

Any of them I've ran in to though are definitely bugs. Fresh install and full patch of both base game and WA, just because somebody is going to blame mods and CC.

That all aside, adventuring is fun. Not just fun, but a lot of fun. However, after searching all the tombs and acquiring all the treasure within them there isn't going to be a whole lot to do at the new destinations unless you're a fisher.

The new traits, skills, and lifetime rewards are definitely welcome, if a bit too focused on being tied directly in to World Adventures. Can't progress martial arts without going to Shang Simla (fighting in tournaments), adventurous doesn't do anything unless you travel a lot, disciplined is tied directly to martial arts, etc. Once a new EP hits and simmers forget about even going on adventures a lot of it becomes close to useless.

The destinations however are beautiful. Al Simhara could use some more life though. Locals seem few and far between here and mostly just stay in their houses.

The thing saving World Adventures at this point is that they allowed us simmers to create our own adventures by giving us all the tools and triggers we need to set up our own. In the future I can definitely see myself designing tomb after tomb, but for now I'm just having fun playing the game.

In short, I just think that most of what World Adventures offers is going to be forgotten once some new EPs hit the shelves. I certainly won't stop going on vacations, but only because I like adventurous sims.
  • twilightsim9twilightsim9 Posts: 4,899 New Member
    edited November 2009
    8.5 also. If I had to give it A letter grade, I'd give it a A-

Maybe that'll help you. =)
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited November 2009
    A 6.5 :)

Don't get me wrong, its a great expansion and very fun to play, but once you have done most if not all the quests it will get incredibly boring...I mean once we've completed every quest there is, there is honestly no proper reason to go back to these locations apart from to buy a scooter or some fireworks. I'd give it a 9.5 if they had included at least something to do with vacations...The tombs and quests etc. are great but there is basically no replay value...but if they had added say...swimmable oceans, maybe the option to build sand castles and more outdoor like activities, It would be great!
    Another reason I give it a lower mark is simply because of one thing...fetch quests...they are probably the worst thing added in this expansions, I don't want to have to go and collect you 10 rocks of copper from accross the desert just so I can get into another tomb. Please sims team, if you are going to include fetch quests please at least make them mildy exciting. :wink:
    But I reckon they should of just layed off a bit on the tombs aspect. A few tombs are great but they could have done a lot more with thise expansion but I guess they chose not too.
    But overall its a pretty good expansion but with the one exception that after the first few days or weeks it will get boring.
    Lets just say...after the next expansion gets released I'll most likely not go on an adventure again. :wink:

So next time sims team, stick to the open-ended gameplay not directed gameplay, The open-ended aspect of the sims is what makes it great...you take away the open-ended gameplay and replace it with directed gameply means its just like all the other games out there.

So I give it a 6.5.

:)
  • CopperNCobaltCopperNCobalt Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I HATE THIS GAME! Crashes every 5 minutes. Rarely had crashes before, installed this game, and it deletes my desktop background, messes with the internet...
    I am so disappointed. I thought EA would release a better game.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2009
    Mine crashes but hasn't done anything to damage my computer. You'll just be playing and poof, the game closes and you're looking at the desktop.
  • KatcarcatKatcarcat Posts: 300 New Member
    edited November 2009
    right now I'll rate it a 7, I've only explored france so far (I'm doing a REALLY detailed tour of this expansion pack). I actually am not fond of the adventures, the reason why the sims is the only game i play is because I like how theres not a....i dont really know how to put it, but its not really like a regular game, i like the life-likeness about it. But even though I dislike the adventures and am hopeing to find a guide that tells me how to get through all the quests, I still give it a 7 because i love getting new lands and new sims. I'm in love with france, and I think it could only get better once i hit egypt and china. When playing I take it as a mini vacation for myself with all the lovely scenery =)
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited November 2009
    I would rate it a 2 for boring and complete rubish.... We could have used something better than this. :mrgreen: The random crashing is ridiculous.
  • coreymuchcoreymuch Posts: 137 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Well i think the adventure part of the game is a novelty. It wears off after you have been to each destination a couple of times.
    Then it feels as though th ep was for nothing except some foreign items.

The graphics are extremely good and each destination is unique and you can see all of the work put into them. You really feel like you are in these locations.
    But that doesn't make it any more fun.

I would give it a 4.5
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited November 2009
    Definitely fun to play - like previous posters mentioned, the adventuring is fun.

I would say about 8.5 - 9.

Love going through the tombs, disarming traps, especially love the look of the water in one of the egyptian tombs...

Between completing goals, earning visas, etc., it will take awhile to complete, and then you can build your own, so there is something to look forward to.

I actually wish we had more locales to explore.

And, I do wish we could actually have the sims swim in the water.

Cannot wait to see what expansions they come up with next.
  • Tilton372Tilton372 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited November 2009
    doodlesim wrote:
    So next time sims team, stick to the open-ended gameplay not directed gameplay, The open-ended aspect of the sims is what makes it great...you take away the open-ended gameplay and replace it with directed gameply means its just like all the other games out there.

My thoughts exactly! Directed gameplay gets old extraordinarily fast, once you've completed the quests. The reason the Sims series is so brilliant is because of it's open-ended sandbox approach to gaming. The Sims team messed up big time with this EP and their attempt to move away from what makes up the core of the Sims.

Granted, I had predicted that this would happen, I got the EP anyway because I figured that EA would realize adventures would grow stale quickly and add a bunch of things to entertain people not interested in adventures. However, there really isn't much to do apart from adventuring (which to be honest is more repetitive than fun anyway). France was beautiful and I loved the music, but it was still pretty bland after awhile like the base-hoods.

Overall I'll rate WA a 5. Most of those points come from my sheer love of everything French even if EA's interpretation of France is quite a ways off.
  • Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I think the exp pack and new patch add a LOT to the game. Just the inventory stuff being saved in itself is a great thing, also love all the new areas, the vacation homes, exploring the tombs is fun, all the great new items and new traits.

I'd give it an 8.5 out of a 10. Definitely would recommend it.

When I first installed, I had MAJOR problems. However, after taking my saved games and content out and then doing a full reinstall of base game and exp pack and applying the patches THEN moving my data back in, my game is playing better than ever!
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2009
    Jestina wrote:
    Mine crashes but hasn't done anything to damage my computer. You'll just be playing and poof, the game closes and you're looking at the desktop.

That has happened to me sometimes, but I thought it was because of a mod I have in my game.

It crashed once when I was taking pics with a sim and crashed twice right after I got an error 12 when trying to save. I'm relieved it's not just me though. It's the only problem I've been having really and it sets me back an hour or so each time it happens which is annoying.

Overall though I'm going to give the game a 9 because it is very enjoyable and it works most of the time. I can see that score dropping a bit when I've gone through all the tombs and quests though because as others have said there doesn't seem to be much to do after you've seen all the tombs and quests.

• chama123chama123 Posts: 1,761 New Member
    edited November 2009
    100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% It's so much fun!!!!
  • go_for_itgo_for_it Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Because I have enjoyed adventure games such as Tomb Raider series, I was so surprised when I played World Adventures at first! :lol:
    How do we call what it is? RPGs? Vertual Simulations? Adventures? Surprisingly, WA has all! :shock:

WA can break boring routines of original edition, and I think it is another attractive thing.
    I'm really satisfied with its new world including adventrues, quests, or missions!

Totally, The Sims 3 is EPIC. :D
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited November 2009
    Well folks I hate to bust your bubble but according to EA this is what the fans asked for so whom ever these fans EA talked to are either clueless or never taken a real vacation.

The Sims is the cash cow of EA so I can't wait to see the next screwy expansion it can't get any worse.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited November 2009
    Technical problems aside..this is a solid offering.
    Leaps and bounds superior to BV...and if I had to compare it to the first TS2 expansion Id say they are off to a very good start.

The main shortcomings for me is that these locations feel woefully underpopulated.
    and getting from one place to the next gets a bit tedious.

Other than that I think its a very charming EP with lots of potential to enrich future expansions with the basement tool, and th martial arts and photography skills.

I am taking my time with it. I'm in no hurry to do everything there is to do or see everything there is to see, and judging bt my pace its going to take a very very long time before that happens.

I give it a solid 8.
  • LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm unsure of what to do now. Many people have different views, and to be quite honest I'm not sure about the adventure side of it myself. I just wish you could have lived in one of the places!
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited November 2009
    Without all of the issues I've had with it the game content and game play is about 9 for me.. I didnt think i'd like this pack..But I LOVE it... We should of added more traits and atleast one more slot... but otherwise i like it.. now with all the problems i've had with it.. maybe a 5..
  • sdldlsdldl Posts: 107 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Pros
    - New skills, traits etc
    - Tons of new items and objects
    - Again, LOTS of new content! :)
    - Nice visuals/atmosphere

Cons
    - Repetitive mission design
    - Puzzles a tad too straightforward
    - Some performance issues and bugs

Overall, I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
  • purplegirlberrypurplegirlberry Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Great graphics, but because unlike the most people who have the game I HATE the adventures especially when it doesn't make sense for a few of the families that I have created, I give it a 5. There should be more options for those who don't want to do the adventures (like staying in a hotel and whatnot) and going on tours like they had on bon voyage in Sims

My sentiments exactly. I would have liked to send my sims to visit famous landmarks like the Louvre or Versaille. I would have been fine if they had been buildings like the theater or restaurants in Sunset Valley where my sim would be in there for a minute and come out with a boost of some kind.