Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Site and forum features we'd like, and ones that are broken

FiniosFinios Posts: 92 New Member
I've seen quite a few threads asking for these features, but they're scattered around the forum and get buried quickly. I think it'll help if we consolidate all our suggestions for the forum and site in one thread.

Site admins, I'm guessing you have a lot on your plate since the game hasn't even been out a week, so whatever you can do will be appreciated.

Fellow posters, let me know of any ideas or suggestions you have and I'll include them in this first post to make it easier on the admins. This thread is only for the site and forum - please don't post suggestions for the game here.

-There is currently no way to view a history of our posts. This makes it difficult to track down our posts, especially considering how fast the forums are moving. We can bookmark the threads we post in, but this quickly becomes tedious. Most forums have a "See all posts by this user" feature.

-Enable side-scrolling when an image wider than the forum's width is posted. When this happens, it throws the whole page out of whack. I know they should be posting thumbnails instead, but most people don't. :?

-More sub-forums are needed. They're so busy (particularly general discussion) that the threads are practically flying off the first page. Here are a few suggestions I've seen that would help to alleviate this, and I'm sure we can come up with more:

> Player Questions
> Guides
> Off-topic

-More options under preferences. There doesn't seem to be a way to set how many threads or posts are visible per page. Also, I don't see a setting for time zone. Apparently we're all stuck in GMT.

-Online status appears to be broken. It always says everyone is 'Offline' (except the user).

-PM functionality. Apparently the 'Messages' section of our page is only for receiving official announcements.

-Comments/guestbook for MyPages and blogs.

-Please investigate the way custom avatars are being handled; they are often very buggy. In my experience, 80% of the time they will either upload as a blank image, or won't upload at all. I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the high amount of traffic on your servers, but perhaps there's something you can do to smooth it out.

Comments

• MarianoPMarianoP Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2009

I cannot UPLOAD my snapshots!!!

I can upload sims, lot... but no snapshots and movies!!!

Please fix this!
  • FiniosFinios Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    [Edit] I just tried it again, and it worked.

Give it another shot MarianoP, it's probably just server lag.