Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

everything was fine until.....

my game has always worked perfectly. i decided to download the new patch (1.6). and all of a sudden, my game wont save. its telling about an error 15 or 16? i think.
whats the problem and how do i fix it?
any help would be appreciated.
thanks fellow simmers.

Comments

• Options
    ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited November 2009
    Im having this problem too since the new patch:

"An unexpected error has occured while saving: Error Code 16. Please consult the readme for details."

I never used hacks or CC, only free items from the store yet.
  • Options
    Patty_BoodPatty_Bood Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited November 2009
    wow a lot of problems with this patch. I figured I would go in here and check before I got it. I'm afraid to update now.
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited November 2009
    you are right scyl. that is exactly what it says.
    it looks like we were waiting for a patch for the other problems and are now waiting for a patch for a new set of problems.
    does anyone know how to fix this.
    thanks fellow simmers.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2009
    As usual - no problems here. Playing beautiful. Love the new kid interactions with the toddlers. They can now feed and play with their baby brothers and sisters. How cute is that!!!

I'm loving it. I say GOOD JOB EA!!!

Oh and recolorable fences too. What I've been waiting for - that and the stairs fix. Love the new roofs. yipee I can have some authentic looking oriental homes again. One of my favorites.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited November 2009
    From readme in sims3,support folder

"Save-Related Error Messages

Below are some error messages that you may see from the game.
    Please contact customer support if you encounter any of these errors.

01: No save file information.
    02: No active world.
    03: The save path is empty.
    04: Cannot save directory.
    05: Cannot find the requested file.
    09: Failed to create header record.
    10: Failed to write header record.
    11: Pre-save callback failure.
    12: World file save failure.
    13: Post-save callback failure.
    14: No load/save manager found.
    15: Other error. Sorry."

Anyone see #16 somewhere? Not me. :hunf:
  • Options
    AurialaAuriala Posts: 33 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have this same problem. I'm tired of patches screwing with my game.... *sigh* and the readme is no help at all. I currently have my game paused because I can't save it. Error 16. Help anyone? Better yet Help EA?

*Edit* I paused my game and tried to save it and it seemed to help it. Give it a try and see if it's a work around for now. I don't know if it will work for others or not, but that needs to be fixed asap.
  • Options
    racncone123racncone123 Posts: 1,138 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm getting error code 16, too.. I'm afraid to exit the game cause i don't want to lose my progrees. :(

I always save while paused, and still get the error.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Instead of trying the save - try save as... and give the save a new name, like the name of the family. This has helped some people save before this patch with save 12 and 13 errors - maybe it will work with this new patch.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited November 2009
    I am having the same issue with Error 16

I went into the Electronic Arts File and went under saves to see if the backup save would work, I know how to change it properly. When I went in I saw some new file folders marked Riverview.sim3 and Riverview.sims3.backup in addition to the FILES marked Riverview.sims3 and Riverview.sims3.backup. Oh and both my original Riverview file and backup also had .legacy after them, not sure why

So I open the new files added in and inside is a file marked Riverview_0x0859db43.nhd AND get this TRAVELDB.PACKAGE.

The reason I find this suspicious is that when I hovered over the now empty save slot on the main menu where Riverview was but no had no pic nor am I able to click on it but a message basically saying I could not load that save due to an expansion pack was removed.

First of all the only downloads I have are ones from this site including ones from the sim store. Second there is no other expansion pack besides World Adventures, which is not out in my area yet, so I do not have it yet.

My thinking is the patch that automatically downloaded tonight is if have World Adventures based on the "missing Expansion Pack" message and the new folder that has a file marked TRAVELdb.package.

Thanks EA for sending us a patch meant only for those with World Adventures before most of us could even legally purchase it anyway.
  • Options
    apolloallyn81apolloallyn81 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I just installed the latest update for the game. Now when I go to launch the sims 3 I get a blue box that states "there was an error during start up. Please see the log for details" Anyone else getting this same error message, this worries me especially since I will be buying world adventure tomorrow morning and if im not able to play it I will be a VERY unhappy camper lol!
  • Options
    racncone123racncone123 Posts: 1,138 New Member
    edited November 2009

I went into the Electronic Arts File and went under saves to see if the backup save would work, I know how to change it properly. When I went in I saw some new file folders marked Riverview.sim3 and Riverview.sims3.backup in addition to the FILES marked Riverview.sims3 and Riverview.sims3.backup. Oh and both my original Riverview file and backup also had .legacy after them, not sure why

So I open the new files added in and inside is a file marked Riverview_0x0859db43.nhd AND get this TRAVELDB.PACKAGE.

The reason I find this suspicious is that when I hovered over the now empty save slot on the main menu where Riverview was but no had no pic nor am I able to click on it but a message basically saying I could not load that save due to an expansion pack was removed.

First of all the only downloads I have are ones from this site including ones from the sim store. Second there is no other expansion pack besides World Adventures, which is not out in my area yet, so I do not have it yet.

My thinking is the patch that automatically downloaded tonight is if have World Adventures based on the "missing Expansion Pack" message and the new folder that has a file marked TRAVELdb.package.

Thanks EA for sending us a patch meant only for those with World Adventures before most of us could even legally purchase it anyway.

i noticed the same thing about the saves.

It leads me to believe that maybe when you get WA it'll fix it. But if that's the case, what about the people who don't want/can't get it? how fair is that to have a "patch" for an expansion that doesn't officially exist yet?

Beh..

• Options
    edited November 2009

i noticed the same thing about the saves.

It leads me to believe that maybe when you get WA it'll fix it. But if that's the case, what about the people who don't want/can't get it? how fair is that to have a "patch" for an expansion that doesn't officially exist yet?

Beh..

Yeah I can't afford it right now and have hope someone among my friends or family will buy it for me for Christmas. That means I won't be able to play Sims 3 for well over a month at least thanks to this new patch. :?

Guess this is EA's way of increasing revenue by forcing us simmers to buy WA :shock:
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Why do we bother answering you people if you don't read what we wrote.

I told you what to try - fine.Figure it out for yourselves. I'm going to go play my game which does play and have no problems - even with my saves.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Why do we bother answering you people if you don't read what we wrote.

I told you what to try - fine.Figure it out for yourselves. I'm going to go play my game which does play and have no problems - even with my saves.

I appreciate that you gave advice that could work but....

I CANNOT even load my Riverview file anymore due to this problem so how the heck am I supposed to save it into a new save slot even under a family name.

Right now I am afraid my Riverview, that I spent hours upon hours creating, is now gone, done, no more so why oh why would I try loading my Sunset Valley? I mean if I end up having to totally reset Riverview why would I risk basically resetting my entire game back to June 2, 2009 by allowing Sunset Valley to become a victim too.
  • Options
    HiricoHirico Posts: 74 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I got error code 16 as well.

First the Nvidia driver update problem, now patch problems :\.

I didn't get any error for saving, but got it when I save&quit. It might just be me or just for that one time.
  • Options
    WtflmaopwndWtflmaopwnd Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    I also got the 16 error code. However I re saved with the Save As. That worked :D. I cant guarantee it will work forever though. I wish you guys luck.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    /sigh

Went back on Sims 3 to find that my save is gone :\.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Hirico wrote:
    /sigh

Your game file may still be there just inaccessible right now. I looked under the save file in the Electronic Arts folder on my computer and the files are still there, the orginal and backup files for my Riverview, I just can't get them to load again at this point.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Hirico wrote:
    /sigh

Your game file may still be there just inaccessible right now. I looked under the save file in the Electronic Arts folder on my computer and the files are still there, the orginal and backup files for my Riverview, I just can't get them to load again at this point.

I seem to still have all my sunsetvalley files still... I even have a "bad" version of the file.

I'll just wait for further news on the subject.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hirico wrote:
    Hirico wrote:
    /sigh

I seem to still have all my sunsetvalley files still... I even have a "bad" version of the file.

I'll just wait for further news on the subject.

I have the "bad" version too of Riverview. I thought that may have been what I named a prior bad file of Riverview I had months ago. I renamed it when I went to load using the Riverview backup file then and thought I named the other one with bad so I could change the name of the backup file and that the patch created the "bad" folder based on that but then again there is now Riverview bad file just a folder.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2009
    Scyl wrote:
    From readme in sims3,support folder

"Save-Related Error Messages

Below are some error messages that you may see from the game.
    Please contact customer support if you encounter any of these errors.

01: No save file information.
    02: No active world.
    03: The save path is empty.
    04: Cannot save directory.
    05: Cannot find the requested file.
    09: Failed to create header record.
    10: Failed to write header record.
    11: Pre-save callback failure.
    12: World file save failure.
    13: Post-save callback failure.
    14: No load/save manager found.
    15: Other error. Sorry."

Anyone see #16 somewhere? Not me. :hunf:

No. And you're not the only one who doesn't see it. :evil:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    edited November 2009
    In the past I have been as smug as Writin_Reg, but as of tonight, after dowloading the patch, I am getting Error Code 16 as well.

Oh yes, my game plays beautifully, and I am LOVING the new features it gives; I just can't save, despite knowing the Oft-repeated tip to "rename", and all the other useful advice that seems to be mostly useless if it's actually happening to you.

So now I guess I wait to see what DOES actually help.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2009

I'm seeing the same thing and was thinking that also. Plus how do they know that everyone is going to buy the EP in the first place. If you don't your current game is ruined. I'm a programmer and I have never been this frustrated with games releases ever. This has got to be some of the most ******** programming I've ever seen. It's flippin 1:00 AM and I'm sitting here trying to figure out crappy code after fixing crappy code all day. This day just won't effing end! Sorry to vent but... :evil:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have two different neighbourhoods at the moment and I'm getting Error code 16 in Riverview but not Sunset Valley. The Save As... button allows me to save the Riverview game without the Error. I suggest that people try this option for Riverview based neighbourhoods until they fix the patch.

Note: You don't have to rename with the Save As... just let it overwrite the existing name.
  • Options
    MBBrazellMBBrazell Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2009
    My problem is trying to change households.
    It looks like its loading but then it just stays in city mode, can't see the tool bars, and I can't zoom in at all.
    :hunf: