Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you miss?

:( What do you miss about the sims 2?

For me it's just the little things. Like i felt the babies looked more realistic in the sims 2. Now they just live in a blanket! :lol: What do you miss? Any comments welcome! :-)

Comments

• LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Heh, I've seen some of my baby pics, and I lived in a blanket! :lol:

I want to swim in the ocean. And pets. Pet ghost babies.... oh yeah.
  • LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Lufferkinz wrote:
    Heh, I've seen some of my baby pics, and I lived in a blanket! :lol:

I want to swim in the ocean. And pets. Pet ghost babies.... oh yeah.

:lol:haha! yes swimming in the ocean would be ausome...later EP'S should sort that out i hope. Good Ideas though.
  • girlishgirlish Posts: 166 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss the AMAZING ep's, esp. Apartment Life and OFB. And NightLife
  • LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    girlish wrote:

AGREED
  • LGT09LGT09 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited November 2009
    i miss TS1 alot more than TS2, in my opinion the EPs were better :-o
  • PuddingtonPuddington Posts: 47 Member
    edited November 2009
    girlish wrote:

Apartment Life was a lot of fun, even though the apartment lots were kind of buggy. I really liked how magic was handled. I think that the technology behind TS3 could make apartments a lot less awkward to use.

I would like Vampirism to come back as a status affliction. You could have a lot of fun in the new, persistent town breaking into peoples' houses at night to suck their blood.

An Open For Business analogue would also be AMAZING in TS3, once again because of the persistent town. No more entering some weird time warp when you go to run your business.

I miss some of the aspiration rewards. The Skill Vacuum and the Noodle Soother were like my best friends for newly-created families. Good for helping your first-generation adults catch up on progress they would have made during their childhood.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2009
    I answered a similar thread last month. I was playing TS2 with just the base-game at the time. It was a very interesting experience. I will copy my post over here.

I'm having a final play through of The Sims 2 as a sort of farewell. I'm playing only the base game at the moment.
    Sims22009-10-2209-03-26-47.jpg

It makes you appreciate all the TS2 expansion packs because the game is bare.

Sims22009-10-2019-42-49-74.jpg

I had totally forgotten that you can't see any of the other homes while you are on your sim's lot. That feature came with an EP. It's a very lonely feeling game if you have a single sim. It really needs the walk by neighbors or you would feel like they are the only sim in the world.

Sims22009-10-2019-40-27-66.jpg

But as livinsweet would say, the game has its Charm. It also has objects I wish TS3 had.

Sims22009-10-2209-17-01-80.jpg

Sims22009-10-2020-41-56-37.jpg

I will play TS2 differently this time. I never played with the pre-made sims while I had TS2 or played the pre-made neighborhoods. I think the majority of sims I play will be Maxis/EA made. I will be doing a lot of makeovers though. I also have a much faster computer and a very wide HD screen this time around. :)

I plan to add more EPs to TS2 as TS3 grows. After I've explored World Adventures I will come back to The Sims 2 and add University and Nightlife. I think you get a better understanding of how different the two games are and appreciate what each offers.

As for the TS2 base game, it's not feature rich like TS3, but there are still some good things to say about it. There are all the things you can't do in T23 yet: soak in hot tub, play darts, dive in a pool, watch the clouds and stars, get abducted by aliens, play a piano, the extra care you can give toddlers, watch the special events movies, a proper wedding ceremony and honeymoon, change households as much as you like, for as long as you like without losing things in their inventories, etc.

The game is simpler and more polished than TS3. Things work. Music plays. Sims move around each other better. So it's nice to come back to it for awhile until you start missing all the things TS3 can do like Create-a-style, traits, the open neighborhood and the tons of new features.

When you go back to TS3 you can appreciate what it has too.

Screenshot-1525.jpg

Update since this experience:
    I couldn't take the base-game any more so I added University, Nightlife, and OFB. So much better. :D Pet and Seasons are next after I've tried World Adventures in TS3. I haven't really been playing TS2 much though. TS3 called me back.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    edited November 2009
    apartments/uni/weather/pets.

oh and memories.
  • duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss the cars and the collage expansion pack. *sighs* good times
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss the chemistry from Nightlife where sims were attracted to some sims and repulsed by others. Now, all sims are fair game.
  • Lilq156Lilq156 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss nightclubs that had DJ sytems and bartenders.
    I also miss how the community lots where built by you and they weren't rabit holes.
    Good times.....goood times. :D
    I think I will play TS2 mabey here in a few minutes! :D:lol:
    edited November 2009
    duck74 wrote:
    You can get cars a Fresh Prince creations.com! :D
    You can trust his work....he has amazing creation!
  • dolphinz2121dolphinz2121 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2009
    Aside from all the expansions?

Diving boards.
    Ready-made jacuzzis.
    Pianos.

And other things.
  • duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited November 2009
    Lilq156 wrote:
    duck74 wrote:
    You can get cars a Fresh Prince creations.com! :D
    You can trust his work....he has amazing creation!

yeah i was about to edit my post , what i meant to say was i miss the way cars came off their driveway and i loved that beacuse you can get better pics of fresh_pricne's cars
  • Matty16Matty16 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Memories, star signs, Jacuzzi's, everything in Nightlife, everything in seasons, dive boards, community lots, photo albums and a lot more...

But it makes me sad mentioning it...

Does anyone else feel really sad the Sims 2 has gone? I grew up with the sims 1 and 2, both make me sad looking back :P
    edited November 2009
    Matty16 wrote:
    Memories, star signs, Jacuzzi's, everything in Nightlife, everything in seasons, dive boards, community lots, photo albums and a lot more...

But it makes me sad mentioning it...

Does anyone else feel really sad the Sims 2 has gone? I grew up with the sims 1 and 2, both make me sad looking back :P
    Do what I do...pop 'em in and play the heck outta them suckers! :lol:
    (I'm talking about the games for anybody who has thier head in the gutter! :lol: )
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss Nightlife!

I figured out a way to have some of my sims live Downtown.

I had to go through an extra loading screen to get there on startup, but it was worth it to have my sims living in an urban enviroment, rather than a sleepy little town.

This game is in dire need of some exciting activities after dark.

edited November 2009
    XOX1 wrote:
    I miss Nightlife!

I figured out a way to have some of my sims live Downtown.

I had to go through an extra loading screen to get there on startup, but it was worth it to have my sims living in an urban enviroment, rather than a sleepy little town.

This game is in dire need of some exciting activities after dark.
    Do you have a PS2,xbox,or gamecube,If you do there is a sims game called The Urbz Sims in the city,It's realy fun! :D
    It's for consoles only. :D
    I have it for PS2. :D
  • miahoney54miahoney54 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I too miss the way the babies are. It's like they have gone back to the original Sims game where they stayed in a crib. In this case they stay in a blanket. I think Sims2 babies and toddlers are better. Now you can't even change the baby or toddler on a changing table like you were able to do on Sims2. I also think the toddlers are uglier. At least you could make them cute in Sims2. Now it's difficult to do that. And when you create a baby with the mom & dad, it comes out looking genertic. :roll:
  • grace2006grace2006 Posts: 291 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss BodyShop, and being able to create sims without actually loading the game. It seems like there are less customization features in Sims3 for tweaking the faces.

I miss having Pets, and I miss the weather effects from Seasons.

I agree about the babies. The Sims 3 infants just sort of look generic. It's like a little pink or blue coccoon with just a face sticking out.