Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World adventures EP $40.00?!

Comments

• Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited November 2009
    [quote=DruscillaPenney
    All that complaining and your still buying their products. I also find it so interesting how the same complainers like to accuse others who are NOT complaining of wearing "EA Blinders," why do we have to be blind? Just because we do not care, doesn't make us blind.

Yes, it does, and from your comments it makes you something even worse

Oh really? And what would that be? A consumer just like you? IF I don't like the price of a product, I don't buy it. Simple as that. No one is forcing you to buy the product. Its called supply and demand. If you want the product than pay the price and quit complaining. If the price is upsetting than don't buy the product simple as that. If that makes me a blind to you, than I guess I will be blind. Although last I checked my vision was pretty good lol.

To judge me or anyone else because I/we do not care about the price of the new expansion is pretty silly. Just a FYI.
  • DruscillaPenneyDruscillaPenney Posts: 82
    edited November 2009
    The people who make the Sims game are, in fact, employees of this company... they're not the big CEO. John whatever-his-name-is is just some silly buffoon who makes money off of them. When I fork over my $40 for this expansion pack, I won't be thinking of some old rich guy who's probably never played a video game in his entire life, but rather the employees whom I can imagine worked very hard on this EP.

So your solution is to help John Riccitiello make even more money off their sweat, while he buys other companies and lays off those employess you care so much about at the same time on the very same day he's doing it. That's really logical. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • AbintraAbintra Posts: 454 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't know how bad working conditions are in USA, but 10 dollars? That's WAY below the minimum wage here, so don't talk as if we all make what they do in your country and that we all have such poor conditions.

That aside, the price of games has gone up for a while now. If you'll notice, The Sims isn't the only game that's on the pricey side.
    edited November 2009
    The people who make the Sims game are, in fact, employees of this company... they're not the big CEO. John whatever-his-name-is is just some silly buffoon who makes money off of them. When I fork over my $40 for this expansion pack, I won't be thinking of some old rich guy who's probably never played a video game in his entire life, but rather the employees whom I can imagine worked very hard on this EP.

So your solution is to help John Riccitiello make even more money off their sweat, while he buys other companies and lays off those employess you care so much about at the same time on the very same day he's doing it. That's really logical. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Honey I hate to burst your bubble, but the whole country is in a recession which means alot of service companies out there are laying off employees, so does that mean your just not going to be a consumer anymore and buy anything? Maybe you should grow your own food while your at it because I am sure the farming/food industry has laid off employees too so what your not gonna buy tomatoes anymore because they went up a $1.50? Did your car break down? So now your not gonna buy another car because the car companies laid of employees too. Why don't you also cash in your stock, bonds, and cds while your at it because your making some bank owner rich too with all that equity. I mean get real. :roll: Everything you buy anywhere is making some guy like John Riticello rich somewhere. This is nothing new. Whats the use of fussing and name calling for? I understand you are upset but really, don't you have something else more serious in your life to be stressed about than the stupid price of an expansion pack for a PC game?
  • GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited November 2009

Yes, it does, and from your comments it makes you something even worse.

cool it, lady. :roll: You're always fighting with people about things you don't even know about-- are you just naturally overly-aggressive?
    edited November 2009

Hey DruscillaPenney, try not to use so many emotes-- it makes you seem desperate to support your point. :lol:

We aren't paying this CEO, we're paying all these hard-working employees who wont get a cent for their efforts if people like you have their way.

To be honest I don't care so much about where the money's going as what I'm paying for, and you should be too. If you pull your face outta your butt you'll see that this EP is indeed extremely large, packed full of features, and is significantly larger than any of the other EPs. :roll: If it isn't your thing, then don't buy it! But HONESTLY, $40 is NOT too much to ask for-- if you think it is then you're either too poor to be playing this game or too cheap for your own good. :roll:
  • WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited November 2009
    martymcfly - you have achieved, once again, absolutely NOTHING You have been exceptionally rude, and after having a mindless rant about how everyone one on this site has been brain-washed into being mindless zombies and become EA-Slaves you finish on the fact that..... YOU HAVE JACK-ALL TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD. EA is a company. If you haven't noticed and opened YOUR EYES, maybe you will discover that every company in the world is basically out to make money. Regardless of this fact, you plow onwards. You have failed to realise that people around the world are being exploted and are exploiting. Name your favourite foods, your favourite clothing makes, your favourite computers or TVs. Almost everyone of those companies that you have named will have done something injust to their employees. I am more concerned with petrol prices in the UK then your mindless, hateful rant against us and other people who enjoy the Sims 3 games. Face it, you have no soloutions to this plan. EA are not going to change - and people are not going to be persuaded not to buy this game. You have achieved -as I have said before: NOTHING. If this game is too expensive for you - then don't bother buying it - or at least do something constructive like write an polite email to EA stating your problem. Your vulgarity has got you NOWHERE.

Stop being so rude to everyone - stop claiming that we are mindless zombies and stop being so narrow-minded. Arguing against EA trying to make more money is like trying to argue against CAPITALISM. This is hardly the time or place to go into political debates but GET REAL!

Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
    edited November 2009

Hey DruscillaPenney, try not to use so many emotes-- it makes you seem desperate to support your point. :lol:

We aren't paying this CEO, we're paying all these hard-working employees who wont get a cent for their efforts if people like you have their way.

To be honest I don't care so much about where the money's going as what I'm paying for, and you should be too. If you pull your face outta your butt you'll see that this EP is indeed extremely large, packed full of features, and is significantly larger than any of the other EPs. :roll: If it isn't your thing, then don't buy it! But HONESTLY, $40 is NOT too much to ask for-- if you think it is then you're either too poor to be playing this game or too cheap for your own good. :roll:

you're either too poor to be playing this game or too cheap for your own good.

That comment made me laugh. Its a very true statement however, because there are things out there that we are too poor to buy at the moment. I want a Wii really bad but I am currently too poor to buy one but I am rich enough to buy the World Adventures expansion pack LOL!
    Aww but the key point is, you don't see me fussing and moaning about the price of a Wii and how the owner of Nintendo is getting super rich of charging exhorbitant prices for a game system....eh whoopty woo. Big deal. When I am rich enough to buy the Wii, than I will. Simple as pie
    edited November 2009
    Simmerd80 wrote:

you're either too poor to be playing this game or too cheap for your own good.

That comment made me laugh. Its a very true statement however, because there are things out there that we are too poor to buy at the moment. I want a Wii really bad but I am currently too poor to buy one but I am rich enough to buy the World Adventures expansion pack LOL!
    Aww but the key point is, you don't see me fussing and moaning about the price of a Wii and how the owner of Nintendo is getting super rich of charging exhorbitant prices for a game system....eh whoopty woo. Big deal. When I am rich enough to buy the Wii, than I will. Simple as pie

I know, right? I mean, there were some people who were complaining that they can't afford this stuff, and that they weren't doing so great financially. I mean, HONESTLY, if you aren't doing so great financially the LAST thing you should be complaining about is computer games!

Seriously, with all the time some of these people spend complaining about prices they could be out working and getting more money so that prices wouldn't be a problem! It's not a matter of "is this price fair", it's a matter of "do you want to buy it". :P With all the features and time spent making this, it is more than fair-- people just need to either buy the game or just hold off if they can't. :P
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited November 2009

Well I apologize for wanting to buy the EP. Perhaps I should cancel my preorder just so you'll feel better? :?
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2009
    To the two malcontents who try to make this sound like this is a Workers Unite Against the Big Capitalist Boss Pigs issue...lighten up.

John's not making any money off us, or at least not directly. Don't forget that he oversees all the other EA games out there, including FIFA, NFL games, etc. as well as online games like Origin's Ultima Online. So, in essence, everyone who buys any game from one of the EA franchises is indirectly lining his pockets.

Honestly, you two act as if you think EA should give the expansion pack away. I don't know where you get the idea that making a profit is obscene (well, yes I do, but I won't go there)...it is like this: You start a business; you invest your money and your time in that business, and in due time, if you work hard enough and get lucky, you actually have money left over at the end of the month, after you've paid all your employee's salaries, operational costs, etc. that you can use to support yourself and your family. That's called making a profit, and it's legitimate and legal.

So, sure feel free to complain about the price all you want, but as long as you are playing the Sims 3, you are supporting the franchise, and helping EA earn its profit for this quarter.

And if you really can't stand EA, by all means feel free to stop buying their products, uninstall your games and send back your Sims 3 CD personally to John Riccitiello with the words: "Die Capitalist Swine, Die!" scrawled all over it..and be sure you use a permanent marker. Now THAT would be impressive.

PS: I'm speaking to Druscilla Penny and the guy that WWK8 lectured and told to shut up. Nice, WWK8..real nice.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited November 2009
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    To the two malcontents who try to make this sound like this is a Workers Unite Against the Big Capitalist Boss Pigs issue...lighten up.

John's not making any money off us, or at least not directly. Don't forget that he oversees all the other EA games out there, including FIFA, NFL games, etc. as well as online games like Origin's Ultima Online. So, in essence, everyone who buys any game from one of the EA franchises is indirectly lining his pockets.

Honestly, you two act as if you think EA should give the expansion pack away. I don't know where you get the idea that making a profit is obscene (well, yes I do, but I won't go there)...it is like this: You start a business; you invest your money and your time in that business, and in due time, if you work hard enough and get lucky, you actually have money left over at the end of the month, after you've paid all your employee's salaries, operational costs, etc. that you can use to support yourself and your family. That's called making a profit, and it's legitimate and legal.

So, sure feel free to complain about the price all you want, but as long as you are playing the Sims 3, you are supporting the franchise, and helping EA earn its profit for this quarter.

And if you really can't stand EA, by all means feel free to stop buying their products, uninstall your games and send back your Sims 3 CD personally to John Riccitiello with the words: "Die Capitalist Swine, Die!" scrawled all over it..and be sure you use a permanent marker. Now THAT would be impressive.

PS: I'm speaking to Druscilla Penny and the guy that WWK8 lectured and told to shut up. Nice, WWK8..real nice.

very good point. This is what I was trying to say, but you say it far more eloquently than me. :oops:
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2009
    [very good point. This is what I was trying to say, but you say it far more eloquently than me. :oops:

Thanks. I have my moments.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    [very good point. This is what I was trying to say, but you say it far more eloquently than me. :oops:

Thanks. I have my moments.
    \

Jarsie I am going to friend you I love how you make your points. lmao
  • Jesus_is_god_07Jesus_is_god_07 Posts: 95 Member
    edited November 2009
    $40 bucks isnt that bad, with everything else going up, but it does come with $10, plus some added bonus for registering it online, and don't forget, they did give away free add ons like "objects" in the News secion, Overall, i think its worth it
  • LadyJadeLadyJade Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2009
    Wow seriously? Arguing over the price of a game o.O
    Geez, you either buy it or you don't, don't whine about it...

Anyway has anyone in the UK preordered their World Adventures at Game?
    Cuz the guy behind the counter told me it would be comming out today when I preordered it. (This was yesterday by the way.)
    Anyone who can confirm this?
    I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, I just thought it was weird.

thanks in advance
  • LadyJadeLadyJade Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2009

Cuz the guy behind the counter told me it would be comming out today when I preordered it. (This was yesterday by the way.)

thanks in advance
    edited November 2009
    LadyJade wrote:

thanks in advance

Game had their date mixed up for a long time, my guess is she isn't aware that they corrected the date and moved it to the 20th. :)
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited November 2009
    I would like to buy this EP even those I'm slightly appointed that the developers decided to create a more family friendly adventure instead of a hardcore teen rated action adventure game on the level of Indiana Jones and Tomb Raiders or a roleplaying game on the level of WoW. But I'm still willing to give it a try even those I'm not interested in creating tombs or basements. The questing part seem a bit simplistic. The 3 location all seem to be nice done by the creators. I not paying $40.00 for nice scenery or 3 new locations. The price is what is keeping me from buying it at launch.

I'm going buy it much later if not at all because in my opinion, $40.00 is too much for this game. I see nothing revolutionary here in terms of features and game play. Nor does sending my sims to-Egypt, France and China interested me much.

I'm most disappointed that the developers chosen to leave out martial arts fighting. We won't actually get to see our Sims fight or compete in tournaments. Maybe they could add on this later as a separate EP in the future then this EP will be more appealing to me.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2009
    martymcfly wrote:
    No, the price is not fine. The price is not fine with a lot of people regardless of the usual flock that get on here and convince others that everything EA does is totally virtuous. And this is not about being able to afford it or not afford it.

As for those who see that this is just another sorry attempt by EA to take advantage of the flock and whether they are in the minority, well we'll see. There are others who play this game that don't bother with this EA Advertising billboard they ludicrously claim as a forum.

But anyway, I clicked on the Gamespot review and took time to read the comments. And guess what? A great many of them were about the ridiculous price for an expansion pack that you can't even play alone, because those who don't have their EA blinders on see this cynical price jump for what it is. And I always find it funny that people on here find every way to justify the motives of EA, something EA never does or is willing to do themselves.

And if you want any more proof about how screwed up EA is, what the extra money on this pack really is for I give you articles one and two:

Article One:

In a press release, EA has now officially confirmed that it is laying off 1,500 employees as part of a general restructuring. In a conference call with analysts, CEO John Riccitiello said that as of September 30, the company had 8,820 employees, meaning it is letting 17 percent of its global payroll go.

17 percent of Electronic Arts employees are getting pink slips.
    The reorg will also see the publisher "provide greater focus on titles with higher [profit] margin opportunities." As a result, Riccitiello said "over a dozen" games had been canceled, although he did not identify any specific titles.

"Anything that doesn't measure up to be in a very high profit contributor and unit seller got cut from this point going forward," said the CEO.

Sounds ominious? It sure does, and might even justify a 10 dollar price increase. Except those of you who make EA's excuses for them, don't know the company and don't know the people that run it. But look no further. Because once again on the very same day that EA is laying off Employees, what do they do? They buy another company, mentioned alost as an afterthought.

Article Two:

[ORIGINAL STORY] This morning, Electronic Arts confirmed that it had bought social-game specialist Playfish for $275 million in cash and up to $125 million more in incentives. At the same time, the company has apparently begun reducing its internal costs by trimming its payroll.

So there you have it, and I don't even want to think how much money they blew on trivialities like sponsoring the green room at an awards show or paying a bunch of artists for songs the game doesn't need. Buy a company and lay off employees all in the same day.

All this $10 is going for is further financing EA to stick it to their customers and screw over their employees while John Riccitiello and those at the top continue to stuff wads of cash into their pockets while they make one lousy decision after another. And it starts at the top. Now try educating yourselves about this company instead of coming on here and simply speculating, justifying, and making EA's excuses for them.

I'm glad you posted this I been keeping up with the gaming news on EA as well, and all of this I've read myself. I can't wait to see the sales figures and the reviews on world adventure. Never-the-less I'm not impressed.
    edited November 2009
    Renyc7 wrote:
    I would like to buy this EP even those I'm slightly appointed that the developers decided to create a more family friendly adventure instead of a hardcore teen rated action adventure game on the level of Indiana Jones and Tomb Raiders or a roleplaying game on the level of WoW. But I'm still willing to give it a try even those I'm not interested in creating tombs or basements. The questing part seem a bit basic. The 3 location all seem to be nice done by the creators. I not paying $40.00 for nice scenery or 3 new locations. The price is what is keeping me from buying it at launch.

I'm going buy it much later if not at all because in my opinion, $40.00 is too much for this game. I see nothing revolutionary here in terms of features and game play. Nor does sending my sims to-Egypt, France and China interested me much.

I'm most disappointed that the developers chosen to leave out martial arts fighting. We won't actually get to see our Sims fight or compete in tournaments. Maybe they could add on this later as a separate EP in the future then this EP will be more appealing to me.

But you DO get to see them fighting each other. :D And there are tournaments-- I think to get your black belt you have to win in the tournament, but I may be mistaken. ^_^

There was some other article that mentioned hosting tournaments, which confused me. I'll need to go back and double check it, but I wonder if we'll be able to arrange our own tournaments or something. :D That would be fun.

It's perfectly understandable to want to wait until prices go down, and I know of many people who are planning to do that. :D

Happy Simming! :)
    ~GWS
    edited November 2009
    Renyc7 wrote:
    I would like to buy this EP even those I'm slightly appointed that the developers decided to create a more family friendly adventure instead of a hardcore teen rated action adventure game on the level of Indiana Jones and Tomb Raiders or a roleplaying game on the level of WoW. But I'm still willing to give it a try even those I'm not interested in creating tombs or basements. The questing part seem a bit basic. The 3 location all seem to be nice done by the creators. I not paying $40.00 for nice scenery or 3 new locations. The price is what is keeping me from buying it at launch.

But you DO get to see them fighting each other. :D And there are tournaments-- I think to get your black belt you have to win in the tournament, but I may be mistaken. ^_^

There was some other article that mentioned hosting tournaments, which confused me. I'll need to go back and double check it, but I wonder if we'll be able to arrange our own tournaments or something. :D That would be fun.

It's perfectly understandable to want to wait until prices go down, and I know of many people who are planning to do that. :D

Happy Simming! :)
    ~GWS

Well, If that's turns out to be true than I would be more happier about getting the game. But I don't believe it until there's concrete proof. I want fighting combos and attacks, and the ability to control my sim while they are fight like in a fighting game, like Street Fighter IV, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance all of which is a teen rated and not overly violence.

There no excuse for the EA to make this game so causal it not either fun to play. That's is why people get so bored with this game so fast. There's no replay valve for people who just like playing the game. I don't build, nor am I interested in a create a world tool because it look too complex. I don't have the patience to figure out these things. I'm also not interested in download other people creation because I believe you will find more junk than quality stuff.

I don't feel all this talent exist within the community. The developers are much better at making thing than the community. This tool is meant for the modding community, and you will have people of all skill level try to create stuff. Most of which I think will be bad like you see on the sims 3 exchange now. It nice to have it as an option but I'm sticking with the EA stuff only.

It's nice that EA has made this tool for people who want to create their own towns, worlds or what-not, or just have something to fool around with. If it make simmers happy, creates less complaining fans, than that what sells more games for the creators. The developers are playing it smart by giving the community what they want because it sells more games for them. But I personally wish for a better game play experience. This is my feedback to the developers
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Spklvr12Spklvr12 Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2009
    I feel like the only one who don't think 40$ is that much... At least not for a game. Actually, after doing the math, I think it's cheap. I can't think of anyone I know who don't have 40$ to spare, and I'm not rich or anything. I love the sims, so to me this will be 40$ well wasted.

But perhaps it's because my country hasn't really been affected by the recession. We actually get stuff cheaper because of the currency and stuff... I don't know that much about it :P
    edited November 2009
    Spklvr12 wrote:
    I feel like the only one who don't think 40$ is that much... At least not for a game. Actually, after doing the math, I think it's cheap. I can't think of anyone I know who don't have 40$ to spare, and I'm not rich or anything. I love the sims, so to me this will be 40$ well wasted.

But perhaps it's because my country hasn't really been affected by the recession. We actually get stuff cheaper because of the currency and stuff... I don't know that much about it :P
    hehe I don't know about where you live, but here in Kentucky "Money well wasted" is an expression meaning that you feel like the money was used wrongly or poorly. xD Obviously that's not the way you meant it, but it's still funny because whenever I hear that expression I think of Mr. Bill down the road who'd always say that. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for posting, and happy simming! :D
    ~GWS
  • Spklvr12Spklvr12 Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2009
    Spklvr12 wrote:

hehe I don't know about where you live, but here in Kentucky "Money well wasted" is an expression meaning that you feel like the money was used wrongly or poorly. xD Obviously that's not the way you meant it, but it's still funny because whenever I hear that expression I think of Mr. Bill down the road who'd always say that. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for posting, and happy simming! :D
    ~GWS

Money well wasted here means something you spent a lot of money on that you don't really need when you should have spent it on something more important, but are happy you spent them on it anyway... like the sims. I guess it means the same in a way. I feel like that was a poor explanation -.-