Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a Story Trouble

:XD: I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. See, every time I type up a story in Create-A-Story, and hit Publish it, the page refreshes, then deleting my story.

It was originally a hundred twenty pages. I cut it in half to a sicty page story. I want to know what's going on, or if anyone else has had issues with Create A Story.

Please help? :XD:

Comments

• The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Bump please?
  • FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited November 2009
    This happens to me all the time! Gah it's so annoying :evil:
    I put it down to my internet deciding to crap out on me at random intervals, but it could be a website problem.
    Sorreh I don't have any solutions for ya- I've just taken to copy/pasting the whole story into Word before I hit Publish just in case it goes wrong :roll:
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited November 2009
    It just did that to me. I am so fustrated. It was not that long but It still had some work in it. :evil:
    edited November 2009
    ^ I've just decided to paste it all into my Word until StoryMaker decides to like me again.

It just erased the story again today. Wonderful. :evil:
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have the same exact problem!!!! But I think I may have come up with a solution

every 15-30 pages/minutes or any page amount that your comfortable with (it just has to be small so you don't lose much if it refreshes) you should publish the story, But don't make it Public mkae the story Private. You can find these options at the bottom of the 'Publish' page. Then, you go to your studio, find the story, and click the 'Edit' link to the far right. There, you can add more to your story and so on, and so on.

This helped me get out my legacy special ^_^ I hope this helps you too.
    edited November 2009
    ^ ^

Thank you! I'll try that! :mrgreen:
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Your Welcome :mrgreen:
  • ChantilleEllaChantilleElla Posts: 442 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I have a slightly different problem. When I get to step2: publish, I fill out all the stuff I need to, and when I hit Publish, the page just comes straight back at me, and nothing changes. It doesnt delete my story, but it wont let me publish it.

Any solutions?
    edited March 2011
    Bump
    edited March 2011
    Bump again
    I still need help people
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2011
    sorry can't really help :(

here is a bump.

been trying to edit mine all morning but the page keeps reloading causing it to loose my work too :x

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon