Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keystone City - A new city for you!

2m3l40p.jpg
Note: Map may be subject to change.

Keystone, a city of the harbor, is a more bustling town that you might think. Founded in 1822, this town grew into a small city. Walking down it's streets, you might notice it's industrial charms and some more rather unpleasant ones too.But this isn't just any ordinary town, there are many things to discover. Take your Sims on a little adventure as they explore abandoned buildings and uncover the past or just take your Sim on a jog to go sight seeing around the bay. Anyway you might think, your sure to enjoy this bustling harbor town of Keystone.

Features
- City-like appeal
- Countryside
- Includes a hilltop (for the rich folk) right outside the main peninsula
- Secrete tombs and passageways
- And much more to be revealed.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or features that you would like included (this town will require World Adventures), please be sure to comment.

Also, please note that I will not be able to upload the town onto the exchange until after the create-a-world tool comes out in December. however, I am currently building the town building by building so I can get the town onto the exchange quicker than if I started to create it after the tool came out. :wink:

Requirements
- Sims 3 Base Game
- World Adventures
- Some free stuff from the store
- No pay items from the store will be used
- No free bonus items from the collector's editions or prepay items will be used
- No custom content will be used

Samples
These lots were meant to be small samples of Keystone City. These lots may or may not be in the actual neighborhood. Nevertheless, they were meant specifically for your enjoyment, and to also give you a feeling of what Keystone city will be. Have fun. 8) Oh, and please recommend if you enjoy. Thank you.
    The Hidden Library
    Previously owned by a mysterious owner, this library went into disrepair after the Simlish Police took control of the lot around the mid 1920s. Since then, time has passed. Eventually, the lot was donated to the Library system in 1987 and you can visit it today. Perhaps you can even explore around and find the criminal's long lost loot. (Includes Tomb)
    roof_up_large.jpg
    (Note: This is a working tomb, but only an early version. Once I become fully accustomed to this tomb building tool, I will update a better version for you.)
      Keystone Key: A sample neighborhood of Keystone City
      Since Keystone city is so big, I decided to work on a smaller scale first to get the hang of the tool. Thus the sample town "Keystone Key" came into mind. Keystone Key will include a tomb and most of the rabbit holes that come with the base game. I'm going to try and make this town as alive as possible for you. (that means a minimum of 5 townie families) :wink:

289cv1s.jpg
      b8lsed.jpg
      2lbhxeu.jpg
      x1ekb8.jpg
      2jbwtgy.jpg
      9zs4l.jpg

Want more info?
      Eventually as the town goes through development, I will begin to upload videos and pictures of it. (not giving any spoilers) Some may be about the tombs of the town, others may be about the other stuff. I'm really tiring to plan this all out so it will be more enjoyable than the current two towns. You won't be able to visit it thoroughly without going on possibly several adventures to one of the three locations in World Adventures. :wink:

Due to the complexity of the game...
      You may have to wait till this summer or next Christmas till I will be able to release the town. I will be making sure that all of the town (routing, CAW stuff), tombs, and houses and stuff fit my specifications and work. This will be a quality town download and I am only one person. Another reason is that corrupt saves form WA ruined my progress so far.

Comments

• Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
        edited November 2009
        So no one likes my city that I will be building for you! :evil:
      • KinukoKinuko Posts: 874 New Member
        edited November 2009
        I like it! :mrgreen:
      • PhantomhivePhantomhive Posts: 2,091 New Member
        edited November 2009
        How cool.
        That's right, we are getting this CAW in some days. Huh?
        It sorta reminds me of Harvest Moon.
        I'll be looking foward to it & the '?' symbol up there. 8)
        edited November 2009
        How cool.
        That's right, we are getting this CAW in some days. Huh?
        It sorta reminds me of Harvest Moon.
        I'll be looking foward to it & the '?' symbol up there. 8)

There are many more "?" symbols in the town. They are just hidden. You will have to find them out yourself. :wink:
      • LoveInACanLoveInACan Posts: 253 New Member
        edited November 2009
        It's kinda cute, I like it! (Especially the lochness monster in the middle of the lake ^^)
      • Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
        edited November 2009
        it will be nice to have another city. I like. :D
        edited November 2009
        Preview of buildings (Still in development and color coordination)(It is still in the beginning stages)
        screenshot_original-1.jpg?t=1257710518
      • xDiamond_PrincessxxDiamond_Princessx Posts: 1,776 Member
        edited November 2009
        ooou looks good! I likeeee.! Too bad I can't get World Adventures til Christmas. :(
        edited November 2009
        ooou looks good! I likeeee.! Too bad I can't get World Adventures til Christmas. :(

I won't be able to upload this town till December since Create-a-World comes out around them. :wink:
      • WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
        edited November 2009
        May I ask why it will require World Adventures.
        edited November 2009
        Walden95 wrote:

I won't be able to upload this town till December since Create-a-World comes out around them. :wink:

oh, I didn't know lol.
        edited November 2009
        :O your that guy, that was gonna go on a date with me, in one of my threads, a while back. :lol:
        edited November 2009

The reason why this neighborhood will require World Adventures is because many of the buildings and features (such as awnings and tombs) will be needed to help give that city-like appearance. Many of the items, cheats, and other things from the expansion pack will help me a lot. If we can have custom shops in the base neighborhood, that would be a another reason why I would use WA.

Take this photo for example.
        15847_190804909415_159375664415_3901608_5798128_n.jpg

And yes, this town will have tombs so you will have more things to do. there is another reason. It's all meant to keep your neighborhood a little more interesting. :wink:
      • The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
        edited November 2009
        Cool town. Is the ? a dive pool?
        edited November 2009
        The_Clay wrote:
        Cool town. Is the ? a dive pool?

You will have to find out when I upload it onto the exchange.
      • iFreakdomiFreakdom Posts: 1,208 New Member
        edited November 2009
        Oooh, I look forward to seeing that. =)
        edited November 2009
        Also, sorry for double post, but have you started making the households?
      • WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
        edited November 2009
        Oh ok. :-)
        edited November 2009
        iFreakdom wrote:
        Also, sorry for double post, but have you started making the households?

No, just houses and lots. :?

They are all taking a long time to build. Especially the mansions! :x
        edited November 2009
        You could make it a multi-persona project. I, for one, would love to get involved int he making of the households.
        edited November 2009
        iFreakdom wrote:
        You could make it a multi-persona project. I, for one, would love to get involved int he making of the households.

:-) That would help. If I couldn't get the town done by January, completion would be delayed till summer.

All that I would have to say is that if you help me, please keep your Sim's fashion somewhat 1800-1930,ish, This town will not require Premium items from the store (unless it is or was free stuff), so you got a challenge.

• SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
        edited November 2009
        Wow, looks great! :D
        edited November 2009
        I do smell a challenge!

But if I were to get seriously down to it, I guess I'd need more info - how much people in the neighbourhood, who has what status and reputation, what kind of people were in the households, etc.
        edited November 2009
        iFreakdom wrote:
        I do smell a challenge!

But if I were to get seriously down to it, I guess I'd need more info - how much people in the neighborhood, who has what status and reputation, what kind of people were in the households, etc.

Most buildings in the city should hold about 2-4 bedrooms (3-6 Sims)
        Out of the city the number is about the same
        Mansions should hold a good 4-7 Sims

Though, I would suggest to base the number on the number of Sims who live in Riverview. Use the exact same amount of babies, Elders, etc.

If you do that, it should work just fine. :-)
        edited November 2009
        I'll just keep that in mind and start uploading when I get time. ;)