Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BIG problem

Ok I'm having a big problem with the way the aging process works in the game. One of the Sims I made got married to Zelda Mae, and when I went to move her into the household she appeared to have a baby boy named Rodger. When I checked his family tree it came up saying he had no father.... (Odd)

Later Zelda and my sim got to making a baby of their own and I stopped playing with them. I started up one of my other families and played with them for a while until I found out Zelda had her new baby and it was given a random name (This I thought was very lame) I was super upset and went back to the household to see what happend and the new baby Tanya was almost grown into a toddler, Zelda was almost an adult, Rodger didn't age, and neither did my sim. I went to check my settings and both Enable Aging and story progression weren't on

Soooo what the heck is going on?????

Comments

• EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem Mellowsnowy2002.

The game just goes on without you whether you want it to or not. Why did the developers even put turning off aging and story progression as an option if it doesn't actually do anything? Just to frustrate us even more?

The attempt to make the game feel more alive was an admirable one. Yet the execution of the idea was poor to say the least. The way things are you don't even really need the user. You can just pick any random family and walk away from your computer. Maybe check in from time to time to see whats changed, but that's as good as it gets. Where is the user element of control if the game just decides who populates the town and what they are doing without you?

"A" for effort. "F" for execution and ingenuity.
  • Mellowsnowy2002Mellowsnowy2002 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue, it just frusterates me that my people are growing up and having children without my knowledge. Why couldn't they just put an "Aging on, Aging off" cheat like sims 2?? It would've made everything alot less complicated and frusterating. If this problem is actually a glitch I hope the patch comes out soon because this issue almost makes me not want to play the game. :cry: