Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Should I Do?

Hi :)

I have not been playing Sims recently and i wanted to go back on...but i'm having a problem with staying on long enough for anything to happen? Have i gone back on Sims 3 too early after i haven't played it in like a month? I really want to get excited about a family? Should i take a really long time in creating something special? Has this worked for you?

Happy Simming :)

Comments

• Options
    d4ng3rousd4ng3rous Posts: 2,273 New Member
    edited November 2009
    If you like creating, then create...If your more into actually playing it rather than extensively building/creating then do that.

Also it ain't that long before WA comes out, maybe that will inspire you to play more :thumbup:
  • Options
    awesome_phoebeawesome_phoebe Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited November 2009
    Do something different in your game. If you normally just make a sim then make them find there lover and they have kids etc, it can get boring doing the same thing over again. Make a family and play them with a story line. Or maybe making things is more your style. Houses, Parks, Community Lots, anything. Find something you enjoy or try lots of things. IT is up to you :D
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited November 2009
    Make a couple sims with extreme traits, but also make up their background stories. I normally find the traits and LTW too limited, I need to create a much more detailed background story for my sims.

Did you ever play a sim dedicated to collecting or fishing or growing?

Or a couple conflicting - one wants to fly, the other to dorm on the sofa.
    How about a handsome but crazy male sim who is totally obsessed with anything including wings? He dreams of becoming a pilot, he collects butterflies, he adore angels, airplanes, etc. Match him with a down to earth female who has some (imaginary) disease making it too hard for her to work (hypocondry?), she prefers staying at home, relaxing on the sofa, lazy daisy... maybe HE picked her for her name alone - Angelina? When their kids grow up, will they go for the wings or the sofa?
    Ha - or make up something similar...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited November 2009
    Yes, branch out more and try to accomplish all the difficult tasks, like: collecting all the rocks, reaching the top level of several careers, maxing out all skills to get all the plaques, completing all the skill challenges within that skill, reading 100 books, writing and making over $30,000 in royalties, catching 10 perfect fish of every kind, learning every recipe and making a perfect dish of each one, etc. etc....there's so much to do in Sims 3.

I thought it was cute the first time I ever saw the red glowing aura around a Sim that had made it to the top of the criminal career "Emperor of Evil." It was Marty Keaton's son, Jessie.

The sad part was everyone used to snarl at him or scream and run away when they saw him, but he was not evil. Jessie's traits were actually "Good," "Good Sense of Humor" and "Friendly." Jessie was very cute too, but never had a girlfriend. Awwww.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited November 2009
    There's always competitions. Ya could always join one or start your own (there are quite a few competitions floating around)