Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited November 2009
    IntentionalEyez: I'm reading your story now ^_^

Claire: I voted for heir! 8D
  • Andrews76Andrews76 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Em,sorry,i am here too! :XD:

I have posted my stories before,did anyone view them? :roll:

Happy Simming!!! :D
    edited November 2009

Andrew, I read the story and I thought it was interesting. Two completely different sisters; and the house is awesome.

Some advice: I don't want to sound rude, and if I am, please forgive me for that is not my intention, but try to brush up on your English a little bit.

Tell more about the family maybe in another addition to the story.
    Are you planning on more insights of the Bathe family? If so, try to explain a little bit, (Doesn't have to be all at once) about the family.

You have already shown where the sisters work and live, but are the parents dead or a live? I know its only two stories in, but just saying.

Happy Simming!
  • GinjGinj Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm overjoyed to find this thread! Thank you for starting it, SwishStar. I'm finding reading and writing stories even more fun than gameplay, if that's possible. I recognize a few of you from the the apocalypse challenge thread and have read and enjoyed your stories. (Plumbob Legacy and Rotten Legacy) I look forward to reading many more and would also like to make a shameless plug for my apocalypse story at http://ginj-varlandstory.blogspot.com
    edited November 2009
    Ginj wrote:
    I'm overjoyed to find this thread! Thank you for starting it, SwishStar. I'm finding reading and writing stories even more fun than gameplay, if that's possible. I recognize a few of you from the the apocalypse challenge thread and have read and enjoyed your stories. (Plumbob Legacy and Rotten Legacy) I look forward to reading many more and would also like to make a shameless plug for my apocalypse story at http://ginj-varlandstory.blogspot.com

I love the story!! I love the points of views! Your writing is just amazing. I got sad when she dies! And Grim is a character-oh-sorry. Jacques Elroi Desmond. XD
    Is there anymore coming? I would love to see Anders and Neil with family.
  • Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited November 2009
    @shwishy love the new avie so pretty! make a story with her! ^o^ ~*

@ginj I love your apoca legacy! The first legacy I ever read was an apoca back on ts2 and it got me hooked on the game again ^_^ I kinda really wanna do one now but my brain is too tiny to handle more than one thing at a time. :>
    edited November 2009
    @shwishy love the new avie so pretty! make a story with her! ^o^ ~*

@ginj I love your apoca legacy! The first legacy I ever read was an apoca back on ts2 and it got me hooked on the game again ^_^ I kinda really wanna do one now but my brain is too tiny to handle more than one thing at a time. :>

Yes I am using her the next story ^o^
    She is to cute not too.
    Her personality just springs out of my mind. I can't wait to write more about her. lol.
    edited November 2009
    HEY GUYS!

I have a little bit a treat for those of you who would want to know
    :3 I have a bit of a "trailer" For my story coming next year.

A little taste of the story to come.
    ^_^ Please tell me if you are going to be excited to read. And also please listen to the song, very important that you do.

:3
  • Andrews76Andrews76 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:

Andrew, I read the story and I thought it was interesting. Two completely different sisters; and the house is awesome.

Some advice: I don't want to sound rude, and if I am, please forgive me for that is not my intention, but try to brush up on your English a little bit.

Tell more about the family maybe in another addition to the story.
    Are you planning on more insights of the Bathe family? If so, try to explain a little bit, (Doesn't have to be all at once) about the family.

You have already shown where the sisters work and live, but are the parents dead or a live? I know its only two stories in, but just saying.

Happy Simming!
    Hi!Thanks for reading my stories and thanks for your advice!I am not from England or USA but i try to spell English right!They are also my first stories! :mrgreen:

Thanks for all! :)

Happy Simming!!! :D
    edited November 2009

SwishStar, I eagerly await your story. I like the black and white photography and the music is beautiful. I couldn't really make out the "Evergreen" lyrics but the haunting, ethereal music quality puts me in mind of "Follow Me" from Camelot.
  • Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited November 2009
    @swishy or patricia is it? your story seems darker than your first one o_o kinda sad. Parrents suck....
    looks good but can I plzzz haz happy ending :D
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for reading. There is another Anders chapter under construction.
  • TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hello to everyone on the board! I just finished a story that i am eager to make more of. Right now it is under the code name of "RR".

Installment one is titled
    "Cake Batter"
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=133731

Can you tell i'm hungry? :lol:

It is about a strange child, named Romarin, who is not far from trouble when she is adopted by a family across the sea. While keeping herself quarantined in the beach town she grew up in, she figures the only alternative is to go where no one has ever heard of her; to go to the place where it all started...

I hope you like it! And being a creation by me, it's horror themed. To the best of my knowledge, i was the first person on the Sims3 to edit blood into pictures *cough cough*
    edited November 2009
    Hello to everyone on the board! I just finished a story that i am eager to make more of. Right now it is under the code name of "RR".

Installment one is titled
    "Cake Batter"
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=133731

Can you tell i'm hungry? :lol:

It is about a strange child, named Romarin, who is not far from trouble when she is adopted by a family across the sea. While keeping herself quarantined in the beach town she grew up in, she figures the only alternative is to go where no one has ever heard of her; to go to the place where it all started...

I hope you like it! And being a creation by me, it's horror themed. To the best of my knowledge, i was the first person on the Sims3 to edit blood into pictures *cough cough*

ZOMG! I loved it! So..different! Charm school, huh? EEEP!! I want more! Give more!! *throws tantrum.*

lol.

How do you do the blood effect, by the way?
    What editing program do you use.
    I use to use gimp, but it would resize the pictures and they would look at stupid like.

So now I use photobucket editing.
    PLEASE!! let me know what you use.
    Blood effect would be very helpful for my story.
    (Btw, did you read the trailer? :3 )

I can't wait for more!

And to the others:
    Clairezy: You can call me whatever you want. ^_^ Patricia or Swish. And yes, its suppose to be a little darker then the last story. o_o and I can't tell you if its a happy ending or not
    =o You'll have to find out.
    lol

Ginj: Thank you!! It'll be out January!
    The song is very beautiful...it gives me the haunting feeling as well. And a slight feeling of melancholy, you could say. lol. Strange, huh?

YAY FOR MORE ANDERS!!
    Can't wait!
  • TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Swishy, there is a program on my computer called "Corel" that i use to draw in blood. Really all you need is a program with a blending kind of brush, just nothing with blunt edges so it looks natural fading it in. On the one slide i used CC for the bloody hand. I believe it was from TSR. I'm looking for it, but i have to go to work now,haha, but i'll resume the search for its orgins.

I read your preveiw! It looks promising. I can't wait to see what you created this time!! I have an inkling it might not take you till next year to get a chapter out, fingers crossed. :wink:
    edited November 2009
    Swishy, there is a program on my computer called "Corel" that i use to draw in blood. Really all you need is a program with a blending kind of brush, just nothing with blunt edges so it looks natural fading it in. On the one slide i used CC for the bloody hand. I believe it was from TSR. I'm looking for it, but i have to go to work now,haha, but i'll resume the search for its orgins.

I read your preview! It looks promising. I can't wait to see what you created this time!! I have an inkling it might not take you till next year to get a chapter out, fingers crossed. :wink:

Corel! I use to have corel...where did it go I wonder >.> (Epic computer change. Dell to Alienware XD)

And, I'm trying to have at least ten chapters written out before I upload the first chapter. I still have building to do. (God, I hate building sometimes. Its a pain in the ****.)
    But, i'm going to fiddle with some program to see if the blood thing works, then I'll put it up here on this thread to get all of your opinions.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so here are some test pictures I used to try to edit. I need to work a little bit more on the realism I think. But that is that best I can try to do.
    The blood ones are a little hard, since I don't have the proper things to use.
    (I used some pictures from photobucket that I had from my last story.)
    Here you go:

Screenshot-10-2-1-1.jpg

Screenshot-3-6-1.jpg

Screenshot-12-2-1.jpg

What do you think?
    I think I need to do more work...but for my first try, its pretty alright...right? XD
  • IntentionalEyezIntentionalEyez Posts: 551 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    ..... I'd love to check out everyone else's stories, and here's a link to my blog if any of you would like to see one of mine-I've written literally hundreds that I haven't shared, but maybe if I could spark more interest I'd consider! lol http://petalpaths.wordpress.com

I added you to my blog roll, my link is in my siggy :wink:

Aw thanks! added ya to mine too, but only read a little so far since I'm editing some pics for a new chapter, working on a story on the side, and studying for exams! lol But I plan to read more tonight and leave you comments!
  • IntentionalEyezIntentionalEyez Posts: 551 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:

Thank ya SwishStar, and your avi is so adorable!! Btw, the pic in the middle is very nice. I could use that blood on the neck for the story (project) I have going on the side-where did you get that from?! LOL Keep up the great work!
    edited November 2009
    Swishstar wrote
    The song is very beautiful...it gives me the haunting feeling as well. And a slight feeling of melancholy, you could say. lol. Strange, huh?

YAY FOR MORE ANDERS!!
    Can't wait!

Then, more Anders you shall have! http://ginj-varlandstory.blogspot.com
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:
    HEY GUYS!

^_^ Please tell me if you are going to be excited to read. And also please listen to the song, very important that you do.

Ohhh! I love the teaser! The pictures are so dramatic...can't wait!
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:

Thank ya SwishStar, and your avi is so adorable!! Btw, the pic in the middle is very nice. I could use that blood on the neck for the story (project) I have going on the side-where did you get that from?! LOL Keep up the great work!

Thank you! ^^ The avi is extremely adorable. lol. Aya Blare happens to be my favorite character in my up coming story.

The blood on the neck I did with photo editing. I edited it with photobucket photo editing.
    Just took the paint brush, got a dark blood like color and made the lines to look like a bloody cut on the neck, then I softened it up with the soften effect, using advance; paint brush.
    Still a noob with the special effects though. lol. I can edit pictures with ease, but adding effects is kind of hard. lol
    edited November 2009
    Ginj wrote:
    Swishstar wrote

YAY FOR MORE ANDERS!!
    Can't wait!

Then, more Anders you shall have! http://ginj-varlandstory.blogspot.com

YAY!!

Deena's going loco! HAHA!
    I like the story, soo soso soso so much.
    O.O
    If this place had a rating thing like the sims 2 I would totally give five stars.
    (Then again, The rating system on the sims 2 was kind of dull sometimes when you would get down-raters. But some of the site setups are better then this site. lol.)
  • MynhphrahMynhphrah Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=67289

This is the link to my story. It has been written a few months ago already and I only got 15 views and no reccommendation at all! I must say I way pretty dissapointed... :( After all I did my best for this story. Hope you can find time to read it and if you like it please reccommend it for me. Thank you!

And by the way, you can find some of Marquise Royal own style of furniture on my page. Hope you like them! :wink:
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    SwishStar wrote:
    HEY GUYS!

Ohhh! I love the teaser! The pictures are so dramatic...can't wait!

wee! :3
    Thankies!
    Post edited by Unknown User on