Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited November 2009
    Rec'd and Fav'd :wink:
    edited November 2009
    Ya know what...I think I'm gonna update...I think I have all the shots I want...hmmmm....brb
  • Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:
    Ya know what...I think I'm gonna update...I think I have all the shots I want...hmmmm....brb

YAY!!!
  • FrugalMayFrugalMay Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited November 2009

Why thank you I always like to here that people warm up to my legacy. To edi your signature go to the forum page and click my prefrences there you should be able to change your signature to link a sory coppy this code and fill in where needed.
    [url=YOUR STORIES' WEB ADRESS] NAME OF YOUR STORY[/url]

I am going to read your stor right now remember to rec! Also I can't remember where I got the hair sorry :D[/quote]

thank you very much! hopefully my story will be seen now!
    edited November 2009
    http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/

Just finished Chapter Five for any that are interested.... :wink:
    edited November 2009
    omg *goes to read*
    edited November 2009
    hehehe I think your my only follower.... :lol:
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:

correction I am your best follower and now I'm going to sleep since I read your up date which was awesome!!!
  • HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Do read my new story at http://harmonyloft.blogspot.com/
    Put in lotsa effort into this. Do take a look.
    edited November 2009
    Do read my new story at http://harmonyloft.blogspot.com/
    Put in lotsa effort into this. Do take a look.

I read your story and your chapters are progressing very nicely. My only suggestion is to give a little more info in each chapter, to hook the audience. Also your pictures fit your story very well. Try this trick for your next chapter:

When taking a photo, hit the TAB button on your keyboard. This will give you more camera movement and will allow you to take more close up photos.

Play around with these keys after in the "TAB" camera mode:
    Q W (these move the camera up and down, height wise)
    E A S D (move the camera around)
    Z X (these zoom in and out)

and if you hold SHIFT + A or SHIFT + D you can Tilt the camera.

Hope this helps you in your story endeavors!

If you want you can check out my story blog here:
    Chapter One:
    http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/chapter-i-on-the-run/

Chapter Two:
    http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/chapter-ii-a-new-begining/

Chapter Three:
    http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/10/31/chapter-iii-the-new-girl/

Chapter Four:
    http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/what-goes-around/

Chapter Five:
    http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2009/11/15/the-boy-next-door-chapter-iv/
  • HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for ur advice, will try to do that in my story. Have just updated a new post, do read it to follow Melody Harmony's adventures!
    edited November 2009
    Great update. The last line "give her time to simmer down" totally made me giggle...SIMmer down...lol
  • SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hey guys!

As the author to this thread, I read all the stories. But at the moment I am very sick with teh flue >_< So I am just going to upload my new chapter and head of to bed to get some rest.

Also I will not be updating any time soon because I will be leaving for Orlando for a week and I can't exactly bring my desktop with me. lol.

But while I am up there I'll need something to keep me busy while my sister works. So I'll read all the updates on stories, knew writers who have posted their story on this thread and stay up to date on the personal updates from all of you writers ^_^

Sincerely,

Swishy

P.S. I'll be posting the link to the next chapter in a little bit. I'm kind of doing it in a rush, but hopefully it'll all come out well. I already have written the chapter and taken the photos, just putting it in CAStory sometimes gives me a headache.
    edited November 2009
    Great update swishy Dagger is in lurv so cute!
    edited November 2009
    Great update swishy Dagger is in lurv so cute!

hehe. thankies. I uploaded chapter 5. I didn't end up doing it yesterday because of my fever. and today, yeah. I just uploaded it and now I"m going back to bed. lol. staying on the computer kind of hurts my head. lol.

-.-;

Tomorrow I'll see if I can stay up enough to read those wonderful updates from all you awesome writers and legacy authors. xD
    and I mean it when I say, awesome writers and legacy authors. x3
    edited November 2009
    I_am_bean wrote:

D: Heeeeey!! I am a follower too!
    xD lol
    I was going to post something the other day saying "Where's bean? D: I wanna know when the new chapter is coming out."
    XD But Claire totally beats me as a follower.

<_< I personally think I don't have any followers. (Is reading all the other stories at the moment while working on chapter 6 to see if I can post it by tomorrow or something before I leave.)

xD
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited November 2009
    I just wanted to post this for Meestor Mark. If you haven't read this you should. It's very good. In my opinion at least. It was supposed to be a home tour of sorts but it so engrossing and clever you forget to look at the house.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=125698
    It doesn't have nearly enough viewers in my opinion.
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:
    I_am_bean wrote:

<_< I personally think I don't have any followers. (Is reading all the other stories at the moment while working on chapter 6 to see if I can post it by tomorrow or something before I leave.)

xD

Oh you know I'm a follower! ^_^ I don't think any of us have super big followings Xp
  • Tsamo93Tsamo93 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited November 2009
    *shrug* http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=128698

I'll be sure to read as many stories by fellow unappreciated writers as I can :D
    edited November 2009
    I have some really bull-crappy news, guys. Yeah. I had to uninstall my game because of some issues cause my computer is a worthless piece of *BEEP* (Yes, I censored myself. xD)

So, Inner Universe will no longer be continued. It takes to much time to rebuild and re make all the sims, and its just a headache I cannot handle at the moment. I'm really ticked. but. yeah. I leave tomorrow D: won't be back for a week. I'ma miss you guys (even though I can check the forum while I have nothing to do over at my sisters place. xD)

I uploaded a sim that I made as soon as I got my game back up and running. And for the past hour I have been working on this house:

Screenshot-7-6.jpg

Not completely finished. but that's ganna be a the base house of the new story I will start when I get back.

Here's a random picture of Alice that I took:

Screenshot-3-6.jpg

well. Off to bed. I'm sorry about the story -.- I seem to have bad luck with computers and the sims. arg.

edited November 2009
    @Swishy no! and your last chapter was the best so far :'( weeps! that totally sucks I installed the patch and I'm not having any problems but I also have wa installed and I think that's what it's for right? :< I'm so sorry it got destroyed!

@Tsamo your story is cute I love the helmet bit and WA is so much fun I don't normally like the vacation expansions from the other sims but I love this one I def reccomend it to everyone.

If you like legacies or want a funny story you should give mine a read. :>
  • Tsamo93Tsamo93 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited November 2009
    - Clairezy018

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) The next chapter thing will hopefully be up at some point today, if you're interested =] I'm checking out your legacy as we speak, it's pretty funny! I recommended it.

- SwishStar

Sorry about your game :( , I've had experiences like that with Sims 2, it's almost always a pain to start over.
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm posting here in hopes that my legacy story will get read. I posted it on 11/13/09 and it's only had 7 views (and i think those were all me). I created a thread for it in Creative Corner, no replies. I've put a link in my signature. Still no views. I know it's not great, but I was just trying to get a feel for what readers want to see and that's hard to do with no readers. /sigh

Now I'm working on reading some of your stories too.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • NetherliaNetherlia Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited November 2009
    That's life, sorry SwishStar.

[-Netherlia-]
  • TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Lo siento, Swishstar!

That happened to me once with an awesome story i was writing a few years ago. Now i am revamping it, but it's taking awhile to build all the sets, so i know what you mean.

Looking forward to meeting Alice,
    -Seven