Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot and House sizes

Question 1:

What is maximum size lot that can be uploaded?

Question 2:

How do I reduce size of lot I wish to upload?

Question 3:

Does the use of PNG format impact lot size?

Question 4:

What is maximum size of Library house that can be placed on lot of required size?

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2009
    The lots are all presized and you cannot make an already made lot smaller or place a building or house already built on a bigger lot on to a smaller one. You can place houses and buildings built on smaller lot on to larger lots though.

There is one 64x64 - where the main park is in Sunset Valley and is the largest lot that I know of. There are 3 60x60 lots, but only 1 is not occupied in Sunset Valley.

I have no clue at the size of the library lot, but I would assume it may be 30x30 or 20x30. It's not all that big. It is already in place and I haven't bothered replacing any EA buildings as it tends to mess up any special perks or invisible extra's these lots have when ever anyone does that. Like the park loses it's beautiful vista, the bugs, the seeds, some of the fish, and even some of the interactions if you change the lot and plop something else down. Those spawner mods that modthesims has causes other game problems, so it's just better to leave well enough alone in my book.

I did do some creative changes to the library and the juice bar, but I absolutely did not bulldoze, replace, or do anything drastic to any of these buildings. Like the juice bar will mess up the competition grilling thing that goes on there occasionally if you mess with it too much.

I do not have any clue to what you are talking about in regard to the png format.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....