Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Intel GMA 4500MHD works great!

rapljwoprapljwop Posts: 299 New Member
Hey guys

After using The Sims 3 on my desktop PC which had a Core 2 Duo E6300 processor, 1GB of DDR2 PC2-4200 and an nVidia GeForce 7300SE, I really couldn't cope with the poor performance even with every setting on minimum at 800x600 (and it wasn't worth it after waiting for the game to install for 1 and a half hours - getting the "crc" error), I decided to test the game out on my laptop. The laptop had no problem at all. It had installed within 20 minutes and I didn't get the "crc" error!

Here are the specs of my laptop that I have memorised:

Dell Inspiron 1545
-Microsoft Windows Vista Home-Premium
-Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 CPU @ 2.00GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache
-2048MB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM SODIMM (2x1024MB)
-160GB SATA (is it SATA 2?) 5,400rpm Hard Drive
-Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
-15.6" Widescreen LCD monitor (1366x768)

I ran the game at nearly all low (reflections on, at 1366x768, Sim Detail on medium and effects detail on medium) and I got a brilliant 24fps on the town map view! I only got 10fps with my desktop.

In-game, I made a house bigger than the one I made on my desktop. I got a brilliant 15fps at one point which is good for a game like The Sims (of course, this would be bad for Crysis, Burnout, CoD e.t.c). I get very playable framerates for The Sims 3 and I want to thank you guys at Maxis for making The Sims 3 very compatible with this chipset!

When I buy a gaming PC next year with an ATi RADEON HD 4850, and an Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 or E8400 CPU, I can't wait to play The Sims 3 on maximum graphics settings! Of course, I will be distracted by games like Crysis and Burnout Paradise which are two games I want so much. I've played the demo on both of my machines and I knew that I'd get poor framerates... why am I going off topic?

Anyway, thanks Maxis, EA and the Intel Graphics team! I can play The Sims 3!

(BTW, I love the music in the game! Well done whoever orchistrated it! It reminds me of Christmas!)