Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims just... stand there!

I hate to complain I really really do but why does my sim just stand there!? She acts like free will is off and it is all the way up. I have to tell her to do everything and she takes forever doing it. Is my game lagging or does my girl have some mental issues? I told her to go swimming and she stood at the edge of the pool for a long long time then she jumped in and tredded water in the same spot the whole time she was in the pool... I saved my game and closed out to see if it is just me or is this happening to a lot of sims?

Comments

• CathereineCathereine Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have not had this problem. Maybe its her traits making her lazy?? Try remaking a new sim if not.
  • MichellynnMichellynn Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    That happened to me! She was right by the pool and about to swim until I canceled that action. So instead of doing the actions I tell her to do, she just stands there. I tried restarting the game but she continued to be frozen in place while all my other characters were able to move along. I ended up switching the houses and playing another family, then switching back. It worked like a charm.
  • nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine does the same thing.

She stands there an hour staring at the object before she does anything.
    Takes my sims an hour to go to work.

They stand in front of the bed FOREVER, before getting into it, or before doing ANYTHING.

it's so irritating!
  • martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2009
    All I can tell you is what I read on on another forum that shall remain nameless. Some have had this particular predicament, and what they said was that once the Sim performed a function that took them a long time to perform, the next time it didn't. So the next time it takes a while for it to do something, have it do it again and see if it doesn't do any better. Other than that I have no clue as I'm just now getting into the game myself. :)