Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring Back Animation of Sims Getting In Cars

dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
Who wants to see the animation of their Sims getting in their cars, & actually get to use the cool garages that we've been building? I know I do, because the garages I've been building are purely cosmetics in TS3, they're of no use at all: bummer... :?

Comments

• Nightshade46Nightshade46 Posts: 458 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I agree. In some ways, TS2 was more realistic.
  • FaithNLove01FaithNLove01 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited October 2009
    :thumbup: Totally agree.
  • MadisonYounglolMadisonYounglol Posts: 4
    edited October 2009
    yea :( i also miss a TON of little things like how u could make your stories in the game and how you could lock doors... and i liked how there was never a shortage of charactors your sims age :( does anybody else miss not to forget i miss HOT TUBS!! anybody else notice there is a shortage of that???
  • Lilq156Lilq156 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Dude....you so read my mind.....I know I have an idea.....I'm gonna start a pettion about it so EA will make A patch for,so look for my pettion please. :D
  • dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited May 2011
    :( 2 years later, & this idea did not get much success.
  • nessajolenenessajolene Posts: 779
    edited May 2011
    i miss hottubs :(
  • aok099aok099 Posts: 141
    edited May 2011
    they have hot tubs in late night and outdoor living stuff. And I completely agree with the car animations idea, if they could do it in Sims 2 why not Sims 3. Also, why can't kids play instruments??
    edited May 2011
    You need to get Late Night, (EP3), there're loads of it.
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited May 2011
    No, sorry I don't really want it back. It just doesn't bother me that much. Plus being able to place our vehicles anywhere on the lot trumps the animation of them getting in/out of the car(s) IMO.

:D
    eOI9EQ4.gif
    edited May 2011
    aok099 wrote:
    they have hot tubs in late night and outdoor living stuff. And I completely agree with the car animations idea, if they could do it in Sims 2 why not Sims 3. Also, why can't kids play instruments??

The technology has improved, you're right aok099, so they should be able to do it even better, so garages can be usefull as before too...

Concerning kids, I have not played with sims3 with babies yet... As a matter of fact, I have not done much of building, which I like most, either... But I have discovered that you can build pools on decks now, so I can't wait to update some old lots...
    edited May 2011
    No, sorry I don't really want it back. It just doesn't bother me that much. Plus being able to place our vehicles anywhere on the lot trumps the animation of them getting in/out of the car(s) IMO.

I guess it's one of the main reason, put cars in backpacks and stuff. Handy but unrealistic.
  • andie6061andie6061 Posts: 5,438 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I would rather it not. I love how we are able to create different driveways and lot placements. If it was added into the game- all driveways must be attached to the road- we couldn't make a scenic dirt drive or anything- it also would mean that every lot must also be connected to the road
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited May 2011
    dbaa wrote:

I guess it's one of the main reason, put cars in backpacks and stuff. Handy but unrealistic.

I never said anything about putting cars in backpacks....I said being able to place (meaning "park") them anywhere on the lot.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Ehh... I dunno. I think that doing all of this would take way too long. Time flies too quickly in TS3 already, and it would take even longer to get somewhere. :/
  • LisaBooThaWeirdoLisaBooThaWeirdo Posts: 3,827 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I agree. In some ways, TS2 was more realistic.
    it's tragic, really. :? :roll:
  • ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited May 2011
    In some ways I could agree. But, it would take time out of their life. Yes, it would be cool. But I, personally, don't care.

I think car wrecks and driving school would be cool. But that's just me.

edited May 2011
    dbaa wrote:

I never said anything about putting cars in backpacks....I said being able to place (meaning "park") them anywhere on the lot.

I know, I just added that, since that's what the game allows now... sorry about the misunderstanding. :-)
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited May 2011
    I do not really care about this idea and the sims getting out of their car, etc., because:

1. We couldn't have our curved garages and the fancy driveways because we'd have some type of track that'd keep us limited to only a few amount of designs.

2. We'd have to even wait more time for them to open the door, get in, shut the door, etc. I already waste enough time, like talking hour showers, sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes, cooking for literally 2 hours, etc.

3. The entire system for this would have to be revamped. Animations and such would need to be worked on adn I do not want anymore glitches than there already are. I'd rather keep the crashes, glitching, errors to a minimum and the getting in/out of a car would be a waste of time.

That's just my opinion and I could really careless about the entire thing. I'm pleased with how everything is going and I don't need anything else to mess up my game.

mw1234
    edited May 2011
    andie6061 wrote:
    I would rather it not. I love how we are able to create different driveways and lot placements. If it was added into the game- all driveways must be attached to the road- we couldn't make a scenic dirt drive or anything- it also would mean that every lot must also be connected to the road

I think the technology can add the animation without altering the new things, or bringing back what you mentioned. 8)
    edited May 2011
    mw1234 wrote:
    I do not really care about this idea and the sims getting out of their car, etc., because:

1. We couldn't have our curved garages and the fancy driveways because we'd have some type of track that'd keep us limited to only a few amount of designs.

2. We'd have to even wait more time for them to open the door, get in, shut the door, etc. I already waste enough time, like talking hour showers, sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes, cooking for literally 2 hours, etc.

3. The entire system for this would have to be revamped. Animations and such would need to be worked on adn I do not want anymore glitches than there already are. I'd rather keep the crashes, glitching, errors to a minimum and the getting in/out of a car would be a waste of time.

That's just my opinion and I could really careless about the entire thing. I'm pleased with how everything is going and I don't need anything else to mess up my game.

mw1234

I agree about the time sims waste on needs, which can be fixed with lifetime rewards, that's part of the game plan, except for sleeping. Somehow you need to have them rest for a longtime, despite the energy drinks... except for the cheat codes... It's epic. That's why I play on epic mode...
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2011
    dbaa wrote:
    Who wants to see the animation of their Sims getting in their cars, & actually get to use the cool garages that we've been building? I know I do, because the garages I've been building are purely cosmetics in TS3, they're of no use at all: bummer... :?
    Not only this but also being able to play the radio in the car. :wink:
    In the games current state, every time I build a garage I feel like it's a waste of space. :roll:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • miktigermiktiger Posts: 2,234 New Member
    edited May 2011
    In some ways I could agree. But, it would take time out of their life. Yes, it would be cool. But I, personally, don't care.

I think car wrecks and driving school would be cool. But that's just me.

In Generations you can teach a teenager how to drive. I think that's the closest we're gonna get with driving schools:C
    edited May 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    dbaa wrote:
    Not only this but also being able to play the radio in the car. :wink:
    In the games current state, every time I build a garage I feel like it's a waste of space. :roll:

Exactly how I felt, blunote00, a useless room, for cosmetics only... :)
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited May 2011
    dbaa wrote:
    mw1234 wrote:

mw1234

I agree about the time sims waste on needs, which can be fixed with lifetime rewards, that's part of the game plan, except for sleeping. Somehow you need to have them rest for a longtime, despite the energy drinks... except for the cheat codes... It's epic. That's why I play on epic mode...

I can see how it could differ between players, but EA will mess it up so I'm not really into the garages and driving.
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited May 2011
    There have been like 200 threads on this
    And idrc about it anyway.
    lol