Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing TS3 in English

Hi everyone, I live in a french speaking country, Ivory Coast (Côte D'Ivoire). I'm used to playing TS2 in English, as TS2 game allows to select the language before installing. But The Sims 3 seems 8) to force our country's language on us. Anyone knows how to bypass this? I've tried to enter US as my country while being offline, but it did not work in the end. :(

I guess I could understand why EA did this. :mrgreen:It's for the Exchange and the marketing: so they would know where the players are from and what they speak... But we should be allowed to choose the language we want, because I speak English too, and I prefer playing in that language, even though I also speak French. 8) Plus my country's flag does not even appear in my creation windows. :?: :( (vertical: orange, white, & green)

Thanks for understanding.

Comments

• SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited October 2009
    There is a language selection at the start of installation! On my laptop I have Sims 3 on Spain, my hubby has sims 3 on English and my son on German :-)
    Happy simming!
  • dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited October 2009
    There is a language selection at the start of installation! On my laptop I have Sims 3 on Spain, my hubby has sims 3 on English and my son on German :-)
    Happy simming!

I did that months ago, chose English, even US, as my country, it doesn't work at all...
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited October 2009
    Are you refering to the game or the site? I heard people had issues with the site.
  • dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Biggos6 wrote:
    Are you refering to the game or the site? I heard people had issues with the site.

It's about installing the game in English dude, any help available please?
    But I did notice this morning the site going Russian on me in my game launch...