Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BnS Week #16 Entry--Winterhaven Remodeled by Bree

Hello everyone! I finally got this all finished and submitted. I've been working on it all week and I can say that I am very glad to be done with it! This BnS challenge was a lot of fun, but a lot of work as well! :D

Here are a few screenshots of my Winterhaven Remodeled:
WinterhavenCoverShot2.jpg

DiningRoom.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Bathroom.jpg

MasterBedroom.jpg

I have also created a story (in two parts) to go along with the back story that Okadoka provided, as well as the introductory story that Anju gave for the challenge. I've continued on and finished the creepy story that the girls so creatively came up with.

Okadoka's back story can be found here: Okadoka's Back Story and the challenge as well as Anju's story can be found here: Winterhaven Challenge.

My stories are here: Winterhaven-Part One and Winterhaven-Part Two. Reading them will help you understand why I remodeled Winterhaven as I did. If you are interested in viewing more screenshots of the remodel, you will want to check out Part Two as that is where the before/after shots are.

The lot can be downloaded from here: Winterhaven Remodeled

Any feedback is very welcome! :D

Comments

• jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Beautiful work Bree. You did a fantastic job of making the place look more inviting especially with the landscaping. That outdoor sitting area under the arbor is SWEET particularly how realistic the "vines" look. I can also definitely see your Tuscan style in the interiors and I like the exterior color ;). Rec rec rec for stories and lot.

J :mrgreen:
  • fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited September 2009
    It is Beautiful Bree from the exterior to the interior.
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2009
    I commented in the Build-n-Share #16 thread before I saw this one. Completely amazing stories! And a lovely, lovely rework of the manor too! Awesome stuff indeed.
  • BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited September 2009
    J--*laughing* I'm never going to be able to get away from the Tuscan no matter how hard I try, am I? I thought I did Victorian! Great...You're right. It does have a Tuscan feel to it. I just created a new style I guess...Victorian Tuscan. Thanks for all the recs! :D

Fieryfemale--Thank you so much, Fiery! :D

MeestorMark--I'm so glad you like it! I caught you in the other thread as well! :D
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yup, we are playing thread tag. :wink:
  • jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited September 2009
    J--*laughing* I'm never going to be able to get away from the Tuscan no matter how hard I try, am I? I thought I did Victorian! Great...You're right. It does have a Tuscan feel to it. I just created a new style I guess...Victorian Tuscan. Thanks for all the recs! :D

I guess it's all the brown that got me thinking Tuscan.

Hey, you can call the new style Tuscatorian.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2009
    Beautifully done.. but those stories scared the bejeesus out of me! lol You are an excellent writer as well as builder/interior decorator and landscaper. Fantastic job all around. That story was really great. Very freaky.
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited September 2009
    Bree,

This is flipping awesome stuff! ;) Not only did you do a superb job in restoring the place, the stories you wrote up were simply incredible! You are such a talented writer as well and you got some very nice shots!
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited September 2009
    i already rec'd the manor and story but i had to comment. i love the use of dark woods and you keeping to the original floorplan. the garden is beautiful and the story was sad and brilliant as well.

its Fliptastic if i do say so myself. good luck in you first BnS bree.
  • saraswatisaraswati Posts: 408 Member
    edited September 2009
    :mrgreen: Breanne, awesome work my friend! rec'd.
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2009
    BREE!

The house looks beautiful now and yes it has your lovely warm tones in it, I LOVE your gold bathroom, its gorgeous. All the rooms are sophisticated and cozy at the same time. REC'd for sure and love cover shot with the cherry tress!

Now...the stories....OMG woman they were fantastic! So atmospheric! I am supposed to be doing some work...but I got totally caught up in it! I don't want to say too much, so not to spoil it for others.

OTHERS MAKE SURE YOU READ BREE"S STORIES RE THIS!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2009
    Nice work Bree! Looks good! Specially like the interiors! :-)
    edited September 2009
    Oh my! I went to bed last night after my last comment in this thread and I woke up to this! Wow you guys! *big hugs to everyone*

J: ROFL at "Tuscatorian"...That's perfect! You do realize that that is how I'm going to be referring to it from now on, don't you?

amchristian: Thank you so much! I'm very happy that you enjoyed it! It was a creepy story, wasn't it? I was creeped out the whole time that I was working in it. I think I got a bit too involved in the story and background of that place. :shock: I can thank Okadoka and Anju for that one!

Anju: LOL at the "flipping awesome"...Hey, you've seen that somewhere before, haven't you?? I'm really glad that you liked it. That was a really fun story and set-up. You did a wonderful job with it yourself, missy! I was just building off your wonderful write-up!

Peacey: Thanks Peace! I'm glad you liked it as well...Now I can actually go check yours out this evening when I get home and not have to look through my fingers at it. Good luck with your entry as well!!

saraswati: Sara!!! How are you? I haven't heard from you in a while!! I'm so glad you stopped by and liked the story! *big hugs*

Alli: I'm so glad you liked everything, Alli! Those stories were the funnest part of this challenge! :D

Yanti68: Thank you so much for the kind words, Yanti! :D
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited September 2009
    Just beautiful Bree. Your interiors are always gorgeous! Your story was wonderful! You really flipped the heck out of that lot! My favorite is the Master bedroom but every room is so polished and perfect! :mrgreen::mrgreen: I am green with envy. I gave a rec. for both!
  • Francis123PFrancis123P Posts: 1,034 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I think it's simply gorgeous. It has some kind of... historical feel in it. That kitchen is just beautiful, and I'm in love with that dining room. :D

Great job as always! :P :wink:
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Gorgeous job Bree! I am loving the interior, very warm, refined and graceful (signature Bree style). Now I am gonna go read and rec the amazing stories everyone’s talkin’ about! :wink:
    edited September 2009
    Evie: Thank you so much, Evie! You're such a sweetie! I really don't know why you would be green with envy...You're houses are ever bit as beautiful!

Francis: Thanks Francis! I'm always enjoy hearing what you think about my lots! :D

Allure:Thank you as well, Lulu! I hope you enjoy the stories! As far as the interiors being a signature Bree, I don't think I can get away from this...I guess even this Victorian lot has a Tuscan feel to it. *laughing* What am I to do? I guess I'm just drawn to the warmer colors and tend to use them without even thinking about it...
  • BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited September 2009
    From Bre with one "E" to the one with two this is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see the rest of your stuff!

Bre
    edited September 2009
    Thanks so much Bre! That's very sweet of you to say! :D
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited September 2009
    I love your rebuild and your stories for Winterhaven! Your camera work on the stories was really good. Gave you a rec for all three.
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Tfbob! I really loved your remodel as well! :D
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2009
    Glad I didnt miss this one..it is lovely! I really like the warm woods and browns you used..warms the place right up and makes it feel cozy. The dining room and kitchen in particular appeal to me because of that. Great job! :D
    edited September 2009
    Thank you so much Ruth! That means a lot coming from you!! That dining room was probably my favorite room in the house. I was very pleased with the way that it turned out. Sometimes you have those rooms that you really love, sometimes not so much. :D