The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ability to change/customize our maternity outfits!!

2...Next

Comments

• weidenwindeweidenwinde Posts: 78 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Agreed.
  • StevieHazenStevieHazen Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I am also frustrated. I actually just had a pregnant sim that had a bathing suit for formal wear. Half naked everyday wear. and the bathing suit was the same, even with her being pregnant. no belly. RIDICULOUS!
  • UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited September 2010
    signed and bump
  • michealfan09michealfan09 Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    i wish the sims 3 had hairstyles like the sims 2. some of their hair looks crazy and don't get me started on the maternity clothes. im suppose to be able to CREATE my sim that means EVERYTHING they wear i should have made them wear it.i would never make my sims dress like that during pregnacy. my simm always should look cute. but sadly she doesn't when she is pregnant, she looks like a non-matching bum.
  • nuclearmegannuclearmegan Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    SympleSym wrote:
    I am sorry but I HATE our maternity outfits!

As is the case with every sim game to date!

TS3 offers an amazing creative opportunity to change/adjust anything to our liking why not maternity outfits... For instance, it could be an option in create-a-sim to select from maternity outfit options. Of course, one will never actually see the maternity outfit in the game until a sim is preggers. This way, we'd be able to select it and create it ourselves without hacks.

AMAZING idea. :D
  • makebeliever1909makebeliever1909 Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited February 2011
    I made a thread about this the other day. I do the go to CAS before showing and customize things, I actually have it saved as 3rd outfit for my sim, and i always put her in a cute pair of flats. But in my thread I was saying that EA should make a maternity section in the store. That way we can pick and choose what we want. Maybe they could add newborn clothes too, so we don't have to carry around blankited bundles all the time. Just a thought.
    heartsigcopy.jpg
  • mclementsmclements Posts: 23
    edited March 2011
    On my game when i know the sim is pregnant i hurry to change her clothes to maternity friendly-which enables me to pick patterns and everything....i also change their hair so it looks and matches well.
  • AraeylaAraeyla Posts: 15 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Is there a list of maternity friendly outfits? My sims always end up in one of the old-fashioned dresses from one of the store sets and it never looks right. Plus she waddles but her tummy doesn't show :/
  • MiaBlandMiaBland Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I totally agree my pregnant sim is wearing these UGLY clothes and i want to change them sooo badly c'mon EA !!! :(
  • skyesimmonsskyesimmons Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    i agree i have the new sims 3 generation and for gym clothes and normal she has no top on so she cant go out its not good :x . i wish they would add it so you can change the clothes .
  • DMWMDMWM Posts: 19
    edited December 2011
    Guys, there is a way to change the maternity clothes red 'bout it yesterday.
    when u have tried for a kid and had the pregnancy jingle go home (if your not already) and buy a dresser (unless you alredy have one) then on the next sim day plan outfit and that will be your maternity outfit.
    hope this helps! :-)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who (most of the time) isn't bothered by the maternity outfits? I didn't even mind most of the ones in Sims 2. But I am wondering about the heels thing though, that just seems weird!

It does annoy me that you can't change hair or clothes once a Sim is known to be pregnant though. Mostly because I always forget you can't change the hair!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • VamPandaVamPanda Posts: 6,226 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I wish there was a easier way to do this, that when you are pregnant you can do into your dresser as normal and all the clothes that pregnant sims can wear show up and you can customise them.

Also i wish we could customise the baby blanket
  • sdiliziosdilizio Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    i Know i hate my sims outfit... she is dressed as a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any cheats on how to change them becuase i am fussy wiht clothes so i cant go around looking like a hrose!
  • ladyssmockladyssmock Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't mind the outfits that came with the game, but now my sim is stuck in a custom content outfit that I don't even remember downloading. Speaking of stuff I don't remember downloading, does anyone else have a problem with those long boots that come in brown, black and white? They're constantly messing up the babies.
    tumblr_inline_nb68j9xUNF1qbpj88.png
  • 3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I think we should be able to choose and customize too. Or at least change the color of the existing ones.
  • l-cheesy09l-cheesy09 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    i 100% agree! i downloaded alot of stuff to my sims and now when they get pregnant they show up half naked! and im not sure how to change it! :?