Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just got the game, again maxis fails at meshes

dragonraspdragonrasp Posts: 44 New Member
Well I just got the game and started making characters.
Like all the previous versions of the Sims I found a total lack of hair meshes and clothing options. It's silly really and now this "buy it from us online" gimmick is twice as bad.
There is a reason people were willing to pay money to 8 deadly Sims and other sites for content and that is because they were DOING A BETTER JOB THAN MAXIS.

The severe limitations in hair styles and clothing options was so frustrating I didn't even bother trying the gameplay out.
I'll wait until there is some decent User Created work out there. If this game turns out to be unable to allow us to add our own user created meshes and every single hairstyle must be purchased from Maxis then I am done playing anything from Maxis forever. I'll toss them on the list with Blizzard for making their games less fun in order to make more money.

Great looking game...total fail on content as always.

Oh and btw, 3 games before we can finally angle place furniture is also epic fail.

Comments

• DeriDeri Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dragonrasp wrote:
    that is because they were DOING A BETTER JOB THAN MAXIS.

They are indeed! Already users on sites like modthesims have created very simple, effective mods to solve game problems in just the space of a few days!

I haven't made ANY sim of my own yet because i'm waiting for the community to find a way to crate hair meshes so the community and I can do a better job!
  • EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    C'mon guys greedy executives need to eat as well.

How will they pay for their Dolce and Gabbana toilet paper if they don't release a thin and barely satisfying stream of digital data for real cash? (selling ethereal matter online for real money has to be one of the most sinsiter schemes ever created!)

The only reason we waste our lives playing video games is because we aren't good enough to perform hostile takeovers or profiteer off the less fortunate.

The Romans had a strategy of "Bread and Circus" to pacify the masses. The game has changed slightly but the underlying idea remains the same. We give them our hard earned bread for tickets to their imaginary circus. Fair trade right?...
  • IntergalaticMessIntergalaticMess Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with this completely! In the past I would never PAY for one of their Ikea or H&M type packages because the stuff looked like crap! What is drawing me into the Sims is I like putting together realistic looking environments and this game is failing in that. I am super irritated that now I might not even be able get these things off of the exchange.

If anyone knows about a place where we can exchange (for free) the more lifelike meshes and furniture let me know!
  • evilcatapilaevilcatapila Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i completely agree, there are very few meshes and what there is is really bad.
    i think they're hoping that kids will be buying stuff from the store without their parents noticing.