Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simple fix to story progression problems

KaitKait Posts: 29 New Member
I know a lot of people are concerned about story progression and I understand. I'd hate to leave a Sim family to play another family and come back to find out mom and dad had split up or had decided to try for just "one more baby" and ended up with three. At the same time, I hated the way generations got so messed up because the story DIDN'T progress. So I do feel like it's needed.

In this day and age where we "follow" everyone through twitter, facebook, etc...why not allow us to choose families to "follow" while we're playing with a different family? The game could give you pop-ups asking about big life events (marriage, birth, quit job, move, etc) and allow you to choose yes or no. That way, the town could continue to progress, but you could keep the story the way you wanted it while playing multiple families.

Comments

• awrevellawrevell Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That is a good idea. At this point I quit trying to play multiple families in the same "save game". I tried to play two families at the same time (living like the Brokes in the downloadable town) but got frustrated when husband a would go relax on couple b's bed keeping them from using it. It was worse when they had babies... someone would be holding one baby and when someone picked up the other baby the first person would go into their "neighbors" house and put the baby in the other crib... needless to say that experiment died after that.
  • PinkMeyer015PinkMeyer015 Posts: 223 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I Really Like That Idea.. Hopefully EA Will Listen To Our Ideas.
  • Mamma_StumonMamma_Stumon Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kait wrote:
    why not allow us to choose families to "follow" while we're playing with a different family? The game could give you pop-ups asking about big life events (marriage, birth, quit job, move, etc) and allow you to choose yes or no. That way, the town could continue to progress, but you could keep the story the way you wanted it while playing multiple families.

Wow, that is a really awesome idea! I do not know why no one else has thought of it, most ppl are just saying turn off per family or whatever but this idea makes a lot more sense! AWESOME!! I really hope that EA listens!