Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Struck Casual Info Thread

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,390 Member
Here is to place and discussed any info on love stuck.

What's confirm at this moment.

Two new traits Love Bug and Reserved.
Wohoo spots there will be three one is a blanket and closet.
New lot trait singles.
Three neighborhoods one suberb,one walk way,and one uptown with penthouses.
You can rent rooms
Four relationship dynamics
Wholesome,Sulury/physical,Strained and unpredictable .
You can go to counseling.
Dating app
Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 5,002 Member
    This is going to be interesting...

This and other threads will need to be recreated soon as the forums change, that's for sure. So the main thing I'm thinking about is how am I going to save the info...

Ah, I'll find the way. I'll keep an eye in the new forums and make the first recap of info that gets left here.

And of course, thank you for making these threads.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,682 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    This is going to be interesting...

This and other threads will need to be recreated soon as the forums change, that's for sure. So the main thing I'm thinking about is how am I going to save the info...

Ah, I'll find the way. I'll keep an eye in the new forums and make the first recap of info that gets left here.

And of course, thank you for making these threads.

I'm just going to make a new thread on the new forum. I'm still planning on putting the Countdown Thread to Lovestruck up Thursday. @EA_Cade maybe you could move these Lovestruck Threads to the new forum when it opens.
  • Options
    So then, let me bring out things that were shared. So then...

The trailer first:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT_Xl19t1YM
    • New kiss interaction.
    • New fountain with seats.
    • Cupid's Corner:
      • [Not Comfortable About Writing This Word] Orientation is automatically applied.
      • You can choose which ages you want to appear.
      • You can pick up to 2 traits to describe your sim. It seems like aspiration bonus traits can also be chosen.
      • It seems like background of selfies is random, but I'll have no info on that.
      • For other sims, their age and home world is shown. It seems like if the sim is not living in any of the worlds, Not Shared is put there.
      • The game lets you know if the traits are your sim's turn on or turn off.
      • Two new traits: Lovebug and Romantically Reserved
    • New penthouse lot.
    • Utilities closet or whatever this new woohoo place is.
    • Costume chest with pre-woohoo roleplay possible.
    • Cuddling in bed.
    • A blanket to watch stars on... and woohoo in.
    • Death by Heart Break it seems

Then there's also this blog:
    WooHoo! Fall in Love with The Sims 4 Lovestruck Expansion Pack
    The info from there is:
    • New world: Ciudad Enamorada
      • Three neighborhoods:
        • Vista Hermosa is a central neighborhood with walking areas.
        • Plaza Mariposa is a suburban residential neighborhood.
        • Nuevo Corazón is an uptown neighbrohood with a small high rise area, penthouse suites, and upscale venues (including Mirador del Amor nightclub).
      • New lot trait: Singles Hangout: attracts single sims to the lot.
    • Cupid's Corner app allows your sim to find someone.
      • You can snap a selfie.
      • You can change the preferences.
      • It finds sims that are romantically available.
    • Custom dates allow your sim to pick the date type, venue, activities, goals, and optionally even more sims.
    • New kiss, new dance, three new WooHoo spots.
    • Romance Dynamics can develop between sims. These are:
      • Wholesome - Sims are in love and treat each other well.
      • Steamy - A lot of physical intimacy.
      • Strained - In love/romantically entwined, but don't get along.
      • Unpredictable - Sometimes they fight, sometimes they love.
    • New Romance skill which unlocks new romance interactions, emotionally connecting with a partner, and scanning the room for potential sims.
    • Turn-ons and turn-offs, which include:
      • Traits
      • Clothing
      • Hairstyles
      • Interactions
    • Romantic satisfaction represents how well is the sim feeling about their romance going. This changes depending on how successful their romantic interactions are.
    • New aspirations: Paragon Partner and Romantic Explorer
    • New traits:
      • Romantically Reserverd: Need more time to get to know their partners.
      • Lovebugs: They prefer to go fast in romantic relationships.
    • Two new fears:
      • Fear of Intimacy
      • Fear of Being Alone
    • Sims can help each other to overcome these fears and even attend counseling.
    • New career: Romance Consultant. Unlocks new ways to promote love and heart-shaped furniture.
    • (!Base Game Update!) Romantic Boundaries allow monogamy or polygamy.

The pack will release on July 25, 2024.
  • Options
    What I want to know is will sims who's profile you pick on the dating app reply to you? It sounds like we have to call them and invite them.

I m hoping the sim you aren't playing sends you a message saying whether their interested in your profile.
  • Options
    What I want to know is will sims who's profile you pick on the dating app reply to you? It sounds like we have to call them and invite them.

I m hoping the sim you aren't playing sends you a message saying whether their interested in your profile.

I myself am hoping that married sims (who want monogamy) don't show up there like they did in The Sims 3.

Plus if the profile for my sim stays as I've set it when I rotate and use the app with another sim, it would be fantastic.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 96 Member
    I suspect that similar to the Social Bunny app you can sign up or opt out. I don't know for certain, of course, but I find it very likely that sims individually can choose to be on the app or not.
  • Options
    ClelclanClelclan Posts: 43 Member
    I wonder if they will bring back the "Scope the room" interaction? I think this was from Sims 2 Hot Date? I liked the way my sim could check to see if there was anyone who took their fancy.
  • Options
    Clelclan wrote: »
    I wonder if they will bring back the "Scope the room" interaction? I think this was from Sims 2 Hot Date? I liked the way my sim could check to see if there was anyone who took their fancy.

The Sims 2 NightLife, though it did bring dating feature. Hot Date was The Sims 1's expansion.

According to the blog, the new Romance skill unlocks the ability to scan the room for potential sims. So, I guess as an unlockable feature, yes.
  • Options
    ClelclanClelclan Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks, EgonVM. I get the various incarnations mixed up when trying to remember particular features that I liked.
    So, scanning/scoping the room will be part of the romance skill. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited July 2
    I think I saw in some thread that ppl wanted to see the bear rug blanket in the coming stream, but that object is actually shown in the trailer, near the end where the couple sits on the floor in front of a fire place. We don'n know if it is just another swatch of the picnic blanket, but I doubt it as the picnic blanket woohoo animations go way too hig up in the air to be used indoors. They are probably different objects. Btw, I have a nice CC bear rug (with no animations, just a rug) but the swatches gives various bear colors, like brown, dark, icebear etc. Hopefully we can color adjust the lovestruck bear rug also. I often use it in upperclass offices, so I hope it can also be used like a rug, with placing furniture partly over it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,678 Member
    I often use it in upperclass offices, so I hope it can also be used like a rug, with placing furniture partly over it.

It's meant to be displayed on the floor, not put furniture over it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,582 Member
    I think I saw in some thread that ppl wanted to see the bear rug blanket in the coming stream, but that object is actually shown in the trailer, near the end where the couple sits on the floor in front of a fire place. We don'n know if it is just another swatch of the picnic blanket, but I doubt it as the picnic blanket woohoo animations go way too hig up in the air to be used indoors. They are probably different objects. Btw, I have a nice CC bear rug (with no animations, just a rug) but the swatches gives various bear colors, like brown, dark, icebear etc. Hopefully we can color adjust the lovestruck bear rug also. I often use it in upperclass offices, so I hope it can also be used like a rug, with placing furniture partly over it.

Oh, I expect the bear rug to be a separate object, another variant of the picnic blanket, same function but a different look. Imagine a woohoo rug in front of the cozy fireplace on a cold winter night. It would be a missed opportunity if it turned out to be only a decorative rug.

The height of the animation isn't too clear in my opinion. Making the blanket work strictly outdoors would be a sad limitation.
  • Options
    Actually the bear rug could still be used as a woohoo spot. Maxis could make it so it stays on the floor but the coffin and sleep capsule goes in the air during woohoo. This will probably be similar.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Off topic but why are the SimGurus silent once again? Is this EP going to be a buggy disappointment? I hope there will at the very least be a livestream for Lovestruck. I don't understand why SimGurus aren't hyping this EP up on social media, hmm…
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 148 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Off topic but why are the SimGurus silent once again? Is this EP going to be a buggy disappointment? I hope there will at the very least be a livestream for Lovestruck. I don't understand why SimGurus aren't hyping this EP up on social media, hmm…

It seems like anytime EA post anything sims related the comment section is filled with complaints and people saying fix the game. Every couple comments is someone saying they don't want more content or everything should be free. The community has gotten extremely toxic. I feel like that would suck all the fun out of hyping a pack. I'm not surprised that the Gurus don't hype on social media like they used to. The community has gotten abusive.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,793 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »

It seems like anytime EA post anything sims related the comment section is filled with complaints and people saying fix the game. Every couple comments is someone saying they don't want more content or everything should be free. The community has gotten extremely toxic. I feel like that would suck all the fun out of hyping a pack. I'm not surprised that the Gurus don't hype on social media like they used to. The community has gotten abusive.

Most of those being toxic probably have no intention of playing the game again anyway. On some it is often those not really interested who make the bigger negative statements. It's very sad, but we see it not only regarding games. Some ppl obviously need more than social media to keep them occupied... That said, I do understand that gurus spend their energy elsewhere. And maybe they are busy preparing the new forum. It actually buggers me the more that this forum will be deleted at the time when the Lovestruck pack goes alive. I'd much prefer our debates and build of excitement would be accessable also after the release. Frankly I do not understand why threads had to be transferred to a new forum that early. Export files > import files should work the same at any date...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2

Sadly this is the way it is after the reveal trailers. We don't get anymore info till the Gameplay Trailer drops which is usually 3 weeks after.

The Gameplay Trailer will probably just focus on the online dating but hopefully it shows a lot more of Cuidad.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,674 Member
    They usually go silent after reveals and start up again in time for other trailers around the pack
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,390 Member
    Yah I don't expect anything until the live stream or more trailers uploaded. I do check on X for any new information though.
  • Options
    edited July 9
    Official Gameplay Trailer is announced on this Thursday (July 11th).

Be ready!
    https://youtu.be/G-MgruM4Fso?si=sF7rzKMx9vJAegVE
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    MomsBusy wrote: »

Hmm yes, that is true, unfortunately :( I am still interested in this pack and hopefully it will be better than expected somehow.
  • Options
    Official Gameplay Trailer is announced on this Thursday (June 11th).

Be ready!

Thank goodness, gameplay trailer, yay! <3
  • Options

Sadly this is the way it is after the reveal trailers. We don't get anymore info till the Gameplay Trailer drops which is usually 3 weeks after.

The Gameplay Trailer will probably just focus on the online dating but hopefully it shows a lot more of Cuidad.

Yes, things are different now, they used to reply to tweets asking questions about the EP right after the announcement if I remember correctly, some years ago, now they stay quiet until the livestream or something.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,315 Member

Be ready!

*July 😅
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

Be ready!

*July 😅

Ah, yes, of course. You saw nothing!