Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which sims 4 pack needs a refresh the soonest ?

anonymousimmeranonymousimmer Posts: 69 Member
edited June 20 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
those are the packs that need refreshes. unlike the spa day pack's irrelevant refresh those are meaningful .
dine out is not included since dine out only needs some bug fixes.
1.get to work business system needs a whole revamp because it is horrendous
2.outdoor retreat is lacking a lot it should come with a swimmable lake where u can kayak hike a mountain rock climb etc...
3.High school years is very recent, unlike the Get to Work and Outdoor retreat which are the the first expansion and game pack, highschool years
goes back 2 years yet was very badly implemented the school system needs an overhaul with more classes and interactions during classes.
the only other pack that might need a refresh is island living
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Which sims 4 pack needs a refresh the soonest ? 47 votes

Get to Work
55%
crocobaurabandit5rhaliusULIBABA66AnmirlaMariefoxprice83cchant86BariSaxyEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57MDianaSimsAlanSimsTinyWhiteThangBooDaBoo5Louise_G0325cinthia_antunesSERVERFRALady_Balloracody6268Flikka_Flikka 26 votes
Outdoor retreat
44%
Frn0731MiataPlayncisGibbs02heiblumealanmichael1spice3benson2006LiELFmusteniAtreya33SimDestroyerWildIrishBansheeSeashoreLiviahaisinSimmingaltelemwillEllupelluelluChildrenofhurinflauschtrudLeucosiaX 21 votes
highschool years
0%

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,186 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work is definitely eligible for a refresh. I want businesses on home lots and improved aliens!
    I'd also volunteer My Wedding Stories for a refresh, it's so full of missed opportunities. I honestly find it one of the most tedious packs because it's so repetitive. And my sims don't even get married that often 😂

In general, I think the entire game would benefit from a cross pack compatibility update. There are so many features that are barely updated with new things, or not at all. Holiday traditions for example.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,315 Member
    edited June 19
    Outdoor retreat
    I think pretty much all the packs have something that could be so much better with little bit of refresh

take Strangerville for instance its lit pack
    but it could be so much more
    • there could be actual plantsims and they could have unique interactions with MOTHER, have MOTHER related cas and bb items

• POSSESSED could have more zombie interactions, cas and have lot challenge that summons them to your lot

• Secret Lab could be made editable via cheats so we can add science items from other packs

• there could have been military base career lot and military career items and/or the fighting gameplay thing could have been expanded

• we could have more b/b for apocalypse, military, bunker builds etc.

so yeah I will never say theres pack where refresh would be irrelevant or useless
    heck I could even come up for improvements for Batuu even if I'm not fan of the theme of that pack

or even vampires even though I love that pack

for the sake of this poll though I'd go with Get To Work or Outdoor Retreat since those are first in their pack genres for ts4 and hence could use some love

but I feel like Get To Work refresh would have to be so big to really count so yeah Outdoor Retreat sounds most feasible really

For Outdoor Retreat I think I'd
    • make the world liveable and swimmable
    • add build items to build luxury tents and camping vans/cars
    • add hammock I need those and do we really need another pack about outdooring outdoors to get that
    • add new activity like archery or whatnot
    (maybe sims could hunt by shooting at moving bushes and getting items in their inventory or whatever)
    • maybe some lake activity if lake can be made swimmable like building rafts, log rolling idk
    • add special gameplay for hermits lot
    (its just kind of vague it needs purpose to visit)
    • add actual bears or other wild animals
    • mayhaps even bigfoot
    • lot challenge like dangerous wildlife would be cool like maybe some angry bears or whatever roams the area
    • switch out randomized bear costume sims for claire the bear as proper npc
    •same about park rangers make it specific dudes or dudettes so theres some fun in getting to know them
    • that awful hunters cabin decor needs to be thing with bear rugs and wall moose so my distasteful sims can upset claire
    •maybe this pack would be good place to add cooking fireplace from sims medieval?
    sounds like cabin fun to me and it could be used for herbalism skill too
    • speaking of which need cross pack compatibility with rom cauldron and herbalism
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    edited June 19
    Get to Work
    Get to work. It needs a big overhaul of the retail system, adding grocery stores, and a simple clothing trait like the simple living one for food. And while they are at it overhauling the aliens, and adding a few lots for aliens would be great too. Adding more jobs with workplaces, and allowing current doctors, police, and scientist to have a choice to work from home or take a leave of absence would be nice too. Like someone else mentioned, home lot businesses would be great too.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    Can I not vote for all of them at once? :D
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,582 Member
    Outdoor retreat
    I would actually prefer an island living refresh. That pack really needs some more activities and expanded mermaids. Sulani is so pretty but needs more things to do. Mermaids need tails for younger ages, a dedicated crib and tombstone and a power tree like other occults.

Out of the packs listed, I think outdoor retreat would benefit most from a refresh. The world needs water to swim in and be allowed as residential. A few more activities would be welcome as well.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think pretty much all the packs have something that could be so much better with little bit of refresh

• there could be actual plantsims and they could have unique interactions with MOTHER, have MOTHER related cas and bb items

• POSSESSED could have more zombie interactions, cas and have lot challenge that summons them to your lot

• Secret Lab could be made editable via cheats so we can add science items from other packs

• there could have been military base career lot and military career items and/or the fighting gameplay thing could have been expanded

so yeah I will never say theres pack where refresh would be irrelevant or useless
    heck I could even come up for improvements for Batuu even if I'm not fan of the theme of that pack

for the sake of this poll though I'd go with Get To Work or Outdoor Retreat since those are first in their pack genres for ts4 and hence could use some love

but I feel like Get To Work refresh would have to be so big to really count so yeah Outdoor Retreat sounds most feasible really

• add hammock I need those and do we really need another pack about outdooring outdoors to get that
    (maybe sims could hunt by shooting at moving bushes and getting items in their inventory or whatever)
    • maybe some lake activity if lake can be made swimmable like building rafts, log rolling idk
    • mayhaps even bigfoot
    • lot challenge like dangerous wildlife would be cool like maybe some angry bears or whatever roams the area
    •same about park rangers make it specific dudes or dudettes so theres some fun in getting to know them
    • that awful hunters cabin decor needs to be thing with bear rugs and wall moose so my distasteful sims can upset claire
    •maybe this pack would be good place to add cooking fireplace from sims medieval?
    • speaking of which need cross pack compatibility with rom cauldron and herbalism

good ideas for an outdoor retreat refresh don't forget canoeing kayaking or rowing a boat on the lake. honestly, strangerville could get a refresh like adding the ideas mentioned but as it a story pack already set and made I don't see them going back to changing the story, but a small refresh would definitely work and should be done . and making the military an active career would be fun like it was in the Sims 2.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Get to work. It needs a big overhaul of the retail system, adding grocery stores, and a simple clothing trait like the simple living one for food. And while they are at it overhauling the aliens, and adding a few lots for aliens would be great too. Adding more jobs with workplaces, and allowing current doctors, police, and scientist to have a choice to work from home or take a leave of absence would be nice too. Like someone else mentioned, home lot businesses would be great too.

yes Get to Work is the pack with the most ever potential, adding on to all that you mentioned, they should also have added police patrolling the streets if some get into a fight they stop it if someone is stealing something they can get caught by the police in community lots, when cars come, a cross pack compatibility would be police cars patrolling for speeding vehicles or reporting theft this would come a long well with robbers. meanwhile also having the chance of being able to play as a police officer and catch the robbers and do all that stuff. a doctor's office where not all illnesses can be cured by taking the medicine and you must visit the office or hospital.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,954 Member
    Outdoor retreat
    All of the above but Outdoor is really missing things which would work so much better for this world, Rvs, real wildlife, swimmable lake, ... I mean there are endless activities not included for this themed world.
    Base game need to up their game with curved walls and there should be curve pools and fountain tool, as well.
  • Options
    edited June 19
    Outdoor retreat

• mayhaps even bigfoot

good ideas for an outdoor retreat refresh don't forget canoeing kayaking or rowing a boat on the lake. honestly, strangerville could get a refresh like adding the ideas mentioned but as it a story pack already set and made I don't see them going back to changing the story, but a small refresh would definitely work and should be done . and making the military an active career would be fun like it was in the Sims 2.

I think rowboat upgrades would be more likely as IL refresh but i do wish we had boat 2 sims could share and interact in

kayaking I could see in OR rather but I feel rafts are more exciting because your sims could make them together and use them together without much complex new animations as its essentially moving floor on a lake

+ it would also be cool for castaway stories tbh

I think there is some woodwork stuff in OR too so I was thinking it would be nice to have something new to do with handiness

(speaking of which I definitely forgot I need proper old school wooden toilet for my cabin builds so that would be nice addition too)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,233 Member
    Get to Work
    Order of Importance of Refreshes for Packs:
    1. Get to Work for those poor Aliens, Sixam & the Scientist Career (needs a crossover playable for the Strangerville Lab)
    2. Dine Out for the Restaurant to work & to be a merge lot for Cafe, basically a two lots in one
    3. Cats & Dogs along with Horse Ranch because those pets needs to be separate from the household as well as control of the dog & horse poo
    4. Werewolves needs tails & the same copy to just like with Vampires
    5. Island Living Mermaids needs a proper copy to from Mermaids to Sims just like with Vampires as well as a Mermaid World
    6. Realm of Magic's Magic World so needs to be bigger
    7. Seasons needs Seasonal Festivals & better Seasonal Activities
    8. Discover University needs to be a playable crossover with High School & more rides
    9. Get Together needs that one odd neighborhood to be a Tudor Neighborhood to go better with the rest of Windenburg
    10. Cottage Living needs Pigs & Ducks & proper playable foxes
    11. Wedding needs a proper Wedding with better Reception, Wedding Veils, Hair Flowers, Hats & Tartosa needs a better Beach
    12. Eco Living Apartments need to be more like City Living Apartments
    13. For Rent Units needs to be more like City Living Apartments & Tomarang needs to have an adventure like Jungle Adventure
    14. Jungle Adventure Selvadorada needs to have Residential Lots so it doesn't just have to only be a vacation World
    15. Paranormal Bonehilda needs her coffin closet home back, stop turning into a human & not to need decay needs anymore
    16. Journey to Batuu needs better adventures, more lots & be a proper Alien World (yup I like SciFi)

Base needs to have the worlds be swimmable along with the missing unswimmable worlds, seriously.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,678 Member
    Get to Work
    We need a tiger lot challenge for Tomarang, and wolves and bear lot challenge for other worlds. Also, playable big cats would be lovely. Would also love if they could add some animations and interactions for the decorative bird bath and bird house and an interaction to feed the ducks and pigeons/seagulls.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 148 Member
    Outdoor retreat
    I've wanted an Outdoor Retreat refresh for a while now. I think they should keep the original world in the game but then add a new world that is not specifically a vacation world. This world should have a swimmable lake and hiking trails along with the original plant spawns.
    They should add clothes for infants and toddlers.
    They should add sleeping bags, hammocks, and some sort of non motorized boats.
  • Options
    Get to Work

yes Get to Work is the pack with the most ever potential, adding on to all that you mentioned, they should also have added police patrolling the streets if some get into a fight they stop it if someone is stealing something they can get caught by the police in community lots, when cars come, a cross pack compatibility would be police cars patrolling for speeding vehicles or reporting theft this would come a long well with robbers. meanwhile also having the chance of being able to play as a police officer and catch the robbers and do all that stuff. a doctor's office where not all illnesses can be cured by taking the medicine and you must visit the office or hospital.

I think the addition of robbers and police cars would be a great addition! I like how if you have a doctor high enough, that they actually do the baby deliveries when you go to the hospital. It would be nice if you had to go the the hospital when you got sick, at least sometimes.
  • Options
    Get to Work
    Someone mentioned Dine out. I think that is the one game pack that needs the most work. It has bugs.
  • Options
    Get to Work
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    I've wanted an Outdoor Retreat refresh for a while now. I think they should keep the original world in the game but then add a new world that is not specifically a vacation world. This world should have a swimmable lake and hiking trails along with the original plant spawns.
    They should add clothes for infants and toddlers.
    They should add sleeping bags, hammocks, and some sort of non motorized boats.

If they did do a refresh of Outdoor retreat, making a swimmable and navigate able lake would be a must. Boats that carry more than one person would be great. Sleeping bags came with get together. One person boats came with Island living. Hammocks would be great.
  • Options
    Someone mentioned Dine out. I think that is the one game pack that needs the most work. It has bugs.

dine out ONLY needs bug fixes update, not a full-on refresh .
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 729 Member
    Get to Work
    Outdoor Retreat is so boring I've barely played there and there's not much to do anymore. I don't think they'd bother with it if they can just do a whole new destination pack. I would love to see a refresh of Get To Work, I enjoyed that so much and it's close to it's 10th anniversary.
  • Options
    Get to Work
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Outdoor Retreat is so boring I've barely played there and there's not much to do anymore. I don't think they'd bother with it if they can just do a whole new destination pack. I would love to see a refresh of Get To Work, I enjoyed that so much and it's close to it's 10th anniversary.

I think some of my sims will take a romantic vacation to a cabin in the woods and make use of the new bear rug. :lol: I have at least one sim who has a pinned wish for a vacation to Granite Falls. How come they never wish to go on vacation someplace else? I've got rentals in other worlds too.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,636 Member
    edited June 19
    Outdoor retreat
    All of them with transportation patched in. :)

Outdoor Retreat..I almost wanted to cry when I opened the my game to play that expansion pack??
    When you go camping or road tripping to a campsite, you expect gameplay that illustrates and animates outdoor activities for camping. I can only hope for an RV camper attached to a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and a complete redoing of Outdoor Retreat. I want to go innertubing down a river along with swimming or just hanging out with my friends near a campsite river. I want to go fly fishing when I camp along with more trails to hike and cave climbing or rock climbing . I would like more plants options for picking when I go hiking too. :)

Edit: Beach camping is fun too with real dive spots and sand dunes :)
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,182 Member
    Outdoor retreat
    I use this pack all the time for christmas vacation as I hate redecorating for the holiday season. I would love to use it more in the summer and be able to swim in the lake and maybe some other water sports , like boating or tubing. This is the first pack and it needs some love. Also I agree with everything @MiataPlay says
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Outdoor retreat
    I've wanted an Outdoor Retreat refresh for a while now. I think they should keep the original world in the game but then add a new world that is not specifically a vacation world.
    I just want the world we have to be worth visiting so having another world does not fix issues with Granite Falls for me

+ lakeside vacation world should be place where you can use the lake
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Outdoor retreat
    deleted
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Outdoor retreat
    I agree with all else in this comment except
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    9. Get Together needs that one odd neighborhood to be a Tudor Neighborhood to go better with the rest of Windenburg
    because I don't think that is changeable at this point no matter how much we wish it was so

I have set island in windenburg as sims medieval builds zone myself which I feel helps cause it just leaves Lykke being modern modern with rest of windenburg being ye olde town

I do wish though that we could change the special lot types in windenburg to have residential or restaurant or whatever in Von Haunt for example

oh and the alien scifi things should be get to work refresh not really star wars

with star wars id start by allowing taking your nooboos with you in batuu and that kind of stuff

also I haven't found way to equip non lightsaber weapons for my played sim which was disappointing i don't even ask to use those just to have those as cosplay prop for my sims

and i need those dang buildings to not disappear when i scroll close

this is only after playing it for couple hours things that bugged me
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 148 Member
    Outdoor retreat
    I've wanted an Outdoor Retreat refresh for a while now. I think they should keep the original world in the game but then add a new world that is not specifically a vacation world.
    I just want the world we have to be worth visiting so having another world does not fix issues with Granite Falls for me

I think if they could make the existing world's lake swimmable they would have done so already. I don't think they can change the routing without damaging the game. Thus a new world, similar to the old world, would be my request.
  • Options
    Get to Work

I think if they could make the existing world's lake swimmable they would have done so already. I don't think they can change the routing without damaging the game. Thus a new world, similar to the old world, would be my request.

Sims can go all the way to the edge of the water for fishing, so they don't really need to change anything in current routing, they just need to enable the sims to enter the water. My guess is that probably the water in those worlds wasn't created with swim capability in mind and it's probably issues with camera and world edge that prevents them from adding swimming in older worlds.