Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Update Required By June 10

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,382 Member
Screenshot-20240604-153545-2.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 4
    (delete)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,540 Member
    Soooo, EA puts a stop to postponing updates? Well that should make playing with mods... interesting.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,481 EA Community Manager
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Soooo, EA puts a stop to postponing updates? Well that should make playing with mods... interesting.

This is a one off situation, not the "new norm".
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,059 Member
    edited June 4
    Thank goodness @EACade. That might explain why when I opened up my game the 28th I found it updating, despite my having auto-update turned off. :open_mouth: That's okay, this time. I just wanted to remove my mods, first and do the backup thingie, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Thank goodness @EACade.

I fully understand how big of a part mods and CC are to The Sims.

Once we found out that this EA app maintenance would require an up to date The Sims 4 client to function, we worked with the EA app team to schedule both our base game update and their subsequent maintenance to ensure that players had time to update both their games and mods accordingly so it impacted as few players as possible.

Again, this is a one off situation. You'll not be forced to update after each base game update.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 826 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Again, this is a one off situation. You'll not be forced to update after each base game update.

aHB4tIe.png

Sometimes a worthy advance requires a small sacrifice :smiley:

Looking forward to the future.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    Sometimes a worthy advance requires a small sacrifice :smiley:

Are you... Are you going to sacrifice me? 👀
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 826 Member

Not today... “I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped.”

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »

Not today... “I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped.”

As you wish.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,204 Member
    I have what might be a silly question. Does Automatic Updates setting on give the important Update for June 10th? I'm not technical & I'm not on my game everyday, so I don't want to miss it. Also, I only play Vanilla PC.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,121 Member
    edited June 5
    What happens to occasional players who don't see the announcement and fail to update before the 10th and then decide to play again in mid-July or something? Do they get prompted to reinstall the game or?
  • Options
    I believe the game will automatically update for those who log in after June 10. The notification is simply to allow you time to get your mods/CC in order before the automatic game update to the most recent patch/version.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,121 Member
    Oh ok thanks @simgirl1010 . It seemed from the tweet you quoted that we had to update before June 10 in order to play.
  • Options
    Yes, it wasn't very clear. Bottom line is you have to update (this one time) if you want to continue playing.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,540 Member
    edited June 5
    Thank goodness @EACade.

I fully understand how big of a part mods and CC are to The Sims.

Once we found out that this EA app maintenance would require an up to date The Sims 4 client to function, we worked with the EA app team to schedule both our base game update and their subsequent maintenance to ensure that players had time to update both their games and mods accordingly so it impacted as few players as possible.

Thank you for the clarification and the effort for planning the sims update two weeks before the mandatory update date.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes, it wasn't very clear. Bottom line is you have to update (this one time) if you want to continue playing.

Still not happy about that.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,426 Member
    More warning time would have been helpful. I am currently having pain issues that will make it very hard for me to spend a full day updating my mods right now.

The fact that this step is crucial if we ever want to play again means it is an extremely important thing that the players should have been given a lot of time to prepare for. Based on the date of the post you are giving us only 5 days notice to do the update before the 10th. That is unrealistic for many people. What if someone is on a trip these next couple weeks, for example, and doesn't even see this message until after the 10th?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    If it means we can finally get color wheel and open neighborhoods (without having to have a loading screen with every lot in the same neighborhood), I won't complain. Otherwise it may mean something unwanted is coming like disruptive in-game ads.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,059 Member
    @EA_Cade Thank you so much for clearing that up!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited June 5
    I believe the game will automatically update for those who log in after June 10. The notification is simply to allow you time to get your mods/CC in order before the automatic game update to the most recent patch/version.

Is there a reason you believe the game will automatically update for those who log in after June 10? From EA_Cade’s explanation:

It appears that the EA app itself won’t update without an up-to-date game, and normally, the game won’t update without an up-to-date EA app. As I mentioned in the other thread, I won’t have access to my computer for another 11 months so I can’t update my game before June 10. I don’t even use mods or CC.

I’m hoping you know for a fact that the game will automatically update after June 10.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 588 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    If it means we can finally get color wheel and open neighborhoods (without having to have a loading screen with every lot in the same neighborhood), I won't complain. Otherwise it may mean something unwanted is coming like disruptive in-game ads.

From my reading of the info it doesn't sound as if this has anything to do with positive changes to the game itself (eg colour wheel, open worlds). But making the in-game shopping cart lead directly to purchasing packs without having to quit the game (for example), or having other in-game ads, could well be facilitated through this kind of major update to the app. I really hope not, but this makes me worried.
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240605-124656-2.png
  • Options
    haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 5
    I'm assuming by "update" they mean the one last week (just being sure) - bit of a minimalist mod wise (cc is different) but all working okay (touch wood)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top