Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer 2024 Roadmap (Season of Love) Revealed

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
New roadmap revealed today.

Screenshot-20240513-110743-2.png

Screenshot-20240513-110628-2.png

One Flirtatious EP
2 free stylish updates
2 destination kits
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    I'm intrigued, The Sims Hot Date 2.0 perhaps? I'd be down for that.
    Though they already used Agnes Crumplebottom in another pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,051 Member
    edited May 13
    Flirtatious you say? 👁💋👁
    Good lord that was not on my bingo card
    I am excited but also very scared

My poor brain is still having MWS drama reruns let us hope things go better this time 😅
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Flirtatious you say? 👁💋👁
    Good lord that was not on my bingo card
    I am excited but also very scared

My poor brain is still having MWS drama reruns let us hope things go better this time 😅

Me remembering my wedding stories controversy and disaster . :|
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Two Destination Kits are they worlds ?
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,210 Member
    Wobbling On the fence on this one so far but hoping it may lead to hotels in new destinations. Or at least more romantic options for proposals. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 13
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued, The Sims Hot Date 2.0 perhaps? I'd be down for that.
    Though they already used Agnes Crumplebottom in another pack.
    Maybe The Matchmaker?

I just started playing my recreation of matchmaker from ts2 though 😅

So I really hope if they added matchmaker the role can be reassigned to existing sim or its different sim so I won't have Lakshmi vs Lakshmi battle in my hands 🤣
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,036 Member
    edited May 13
    A flirtatious EP? Could we finally be getting a real attraction system? With turn ons and turn offs? Points of attraction beyond superficial looks. Make them based on traits and personalities too.

The love idea of more worlds. I hope they’re as well done as Chestnut Ridge. 😃
  • Options
    edited May 13
    Looking at images I believe those are the leaked kits
    EP might have world though
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 566 Member
    I'm pretty sure the two destination kits are the pool and the French bistro. Not sure about the stylish updates. Is this a couple batches of free CAS items? The icons show nails and hair. Maybe they're adding salon items to base game?

@Omri147 I consider Sims 2 Nightlife to be Hot Date 2.0, even though several of the features (e.g. restaurants, bowling alleys) could also be used for family or friend get-togethers. If this is Hot Date 3.0, I expect chemistry, enhanced dating features, a love guru NPC, perfume. It also seems like they're teasing fountain woohoo.

-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 453 Member
    EP world could be Mexico based on building and flag banners.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 75 Member

Lolno.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    The roadmap makes me feel like the expansion pack will be set in a Parisian-esque world, with the buildings and fountains and the "love" theme. It would tie in to the rumored bistro kit that's coming.

I'm interested to see what the pack involves!
  • Options
    edited May 13
    Video screenshots.

yN2t6ST.png

iUzAbRA.png

GD7Gedx.png

jvQnfYo.png

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 266 Member
    edited May 13
    An entire expansion pack dedicated to romance? I like romance as much as anyone else, but I always expected that a romance pack would be a GP. Considering how extremely hit or miss expansion packs are and remembering the My Wedding Stories fiasco, expectations for me will be kept very low.
  • Options
    Do I spot a pool waterfall? That might be one of the rocks that was shown in the leaked images.
  • Options
    We may get these new romantic animations.
    s6hvNkO.png
  • Options
    edited May 13
    LJK wrote: »
    An entire expansion pack dedicated to romance? I like romance as much as anyone else, but I always expected that a romance pack would be a GP. Considering how extremely hit or miss expansion packs are and remembering the My Wedding Stories fiasco, expectations for me will be kept very low.

Yeah I'm slightly worried considering MWS and last ep being the way they are so I'm trying to keep expectations low

also that its again " romantic destination"
    and I am worried the key word is destination when all I wanted was romantic gameplay
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    EP world could be Mexico based on building and flag banners.
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The roadmap makes me feel like the expansion pack will be set in a Parisian-esque world, with the buildings and fountains and the "love" theme. It would tie in to the rumored bistro kit that's coming.

I'm interested to see what the pack involves!

Actually I’m thinking It looks more like Italy….perhaps a Venice inspired world ?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    I’ll be honest, I don’t care about the romance theme, I wish it was cars instead. But it will probably have stuff I like. I think an entire EP is too much though and it might feel like a GP.

Also I think we’re getting pool waterfalls, those rocks we saw in the leaked kit pictures might actually be fountains.

@catloverplayer You must be thrilled !!
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 266 Member
    edited May 13
    Simmingal wrote: »
    LJK wrote: »

Yeah I'm slightly worried considering MWS and last ep being the way they are so I'm trying to keep expectations low

also that its again " romantic destination"
    and I am worried the key word is destination when all I wanted was romantic gameplay

Agreed. Packs that put emphasis on the world are almost always disappointing. Except maybe Cottage Living. That said, assuming this pack does turn out to be alright, one hope I have is more cuddling/romantic animations as the tweet above speculates... and while it's probably a long-shot, said animations aren't so childish.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,431 Member
    Looking forward to the Romance EP, hoping it's a little bit adult.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,036 Member
    Do I spot a pool waterfall? That might be one of the rocks that was shown in the leaked images.

Looks like one to me. I would love to give my sims something like that.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    All I ask of Romantic Gameplay is that it not be one size fits all, and instead impacted by a Sim's Likes and Traits. All of them. I want all the cross pack compatibility they can give me, here. I want a date to Geek Con to be romantic for Geek Sims. I want a camping trip to Granite Falls to be Romantic for sims who love Outdoors. I want Horse lover sims to find a ride along a beach romantic. I want Book Lovers to be Quite happy with a date to a cafe or even a Library. I want a Foodie sim to prefer a classic Dinner and a show. I want sims who qualify as "homebodies" (per the sims characteristic traits) to like a quiet night in, rather than going out. I want a sim who loves cosmolux to find Heart Beds and French Country romantic decorations to be Kitchy and not in a fun way, while a sim who does like French Country to find them perfect.

What I'm afraid we'll get is every Romantic Cliche in the book with little to no nuance, where all sims find the same things romantic or not romantic. (aka, more of the same)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,081 Member
    I can't say I'm jumping up and down with glee about this. The bistro kit looks nice, the pool kit I was going to pass on but we'll see. The free updates seems to be more nails and hairs.

The new EP??? I'm very hesitant to an entire EP dedicated to romance after we already had to pay for a (non-functioning) GP about weddings. I hate being so negative, but I won't be getting an EP just to woohoo in a fountain. It better contain something else, and to be fair a new chemistry/attraction system, matchmaking or new proposals are going to rock my boat either. It will have to do way better than that to warrant a full EP-price. Especially if it comes with another small world of 5-9 lots and loads of empty useless pretty space with nothing to do.

I might end up surprised, it has happened before, but right now, I'm not really all that excited about the roadmap.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    edited May 13
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Wobbling On the fence on this one so far but hoping it may lead to hotels in new destinations. Or at least more romantic options for proposals. <3

New destination, can that be a new lot type?
    or vacation world?