Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Idea] My First Pet Stuff Pack update

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
edited November 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This pack was heavily critiquized as most things depends on Cats and Dogs EP
Then, now that we have more pets, in fact can say 3 Pet EPs.... would be a good time to update My Fist Pet SP
So either will be the smallest SP (if have none of the Pet EPs) or largest SP (with all Pets EPs)
Clothes for:
Cats
Dogs
Horses
Cows
Llamas
Goats
Sheeps
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love if we could get stuff to create a pet store. Things like food packets for dogs, cats, hamsters, birds, etc. New aquariums, new clothes and blankets and collars, new pet beds, litter trays and packets, bones for dogs to chew on. There's not many things we can sell in a pet store now as many of the available items cannot be set for sale. I would also love if we could get a print your pet image on a pillow sort of machine. Also pet grooming service would be a nice addition too.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love if we could get stuff to create a pet store. Things like food packets for dogs, cats, hamsters, birds, etc. New aquariums, new clothes and blankets and collars, new pet beds, litter trays and packets, bones for dogs to chew on. There's not many things we can sell in a pet store now as many of the available items cannot be set for sale. I would also love if we could get a print your pet image on a pillow sort of machine. Also pet grooming service would be a nice addition too.

Yes please! Would also be interesting if we could get an Exotic Pets pack with pet tigers, small monkeys and more! I don't know if this would be possible, but no animals would be harmed since this is just a life simulation game! The tiger sanctuary feels like such a tease to see actual tigers with animations in the For Rent EP. Gimme my real pet tigers please! 🥺💖

And also would be lovely to get a proper Small Pets game pack with ferrets, birds like doves, pet pigeons and parrots, and lizards, snakes and turtles. And an ability to run your own pet shop! Would make a wonderful game pack in my opinion! I wish Maxis will reconsider this as it was mentioned in an old official 2017 pack survey for Sims 4!
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    I like the "my first pet" pack, because cats, dogs, and horses are big responsibilities. If you wanted a pet, but with less hassle, small rodents fulfill that. I think there should be additional smaller cage options and interactive objects such as exercise wheels and hamster balls you can place the rodent in.

I also think animal related gameplay should be incorporated into the HSY and DU add ons. For instance, you can have the class pet project or travel to university with a small pet for your dorm. And there should be a vet medicine and agricultural science degree to incorporate career bonuses for CD, HR, and cottage living. Then you can join the new farmer and rancher career (which will be incorporated) and have more interactions for livestock. Vet clinics could also act as boarding stables so that horse owners can bring their horse to the clinic for treatment.

Personally, I'd like to see zoo and aquarium lot types so you can visit and interact with animals, but without the need to have animal household members if you don't want to explore that gameplay option. Also, since children can't snorkel or interact with most large animals, it'd be an interactive family experience to take children to a zoo or aquarium to watch a dolphin or penguin show or feed animals.

And since HR has the ranch day event, I think there should be a petting zoo event for cottage living so NPCs can visit your farm, interact with llamas, cows, and chickens, and you earn money.