This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 937 Member
    where do i find the bonus items you got from preorder the pack? I not see them in build buy mode?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    @bandit5

Peak Freshness Fruit Basket is in Clutter
    Streetside Stars Shade is in Sculptures
    Quick Treats Grill is in Outdoor Cooking
  • Options
    edited January 18
    ok thanks. Nope they not in my game i brought it with cd keys site is maybe why.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    ok thanks. Nope they not in my game i brought it with cd keys site is maybe why.

CD keys is technically an unauthorized retailer which means bonus content won't be included. Sometimes CD keys will offer it as a separate purchase. Cut off day is the 18th though.

If you plan on getting bonus content in the future, it's better to buy directly from EA. The list of authorized retailers is on the EA Help page or do a quick Google search.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @bandit5 I think bonus content is sometimes sold separately at CD Keys.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    oh if that true i not buy from them anymore. They said if not listed on the description it not included. I will delete my account
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 196 Member
    I brought it from cdkeys separately at £0.49.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    hmm i look for it then. Found it was .41 for me guess they want to charge for everything.
    Post edited by bandit5 on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,795 Member
    edited January 18
    bandit5 wrote: »

I bought my game elsewhere, but I was given a separate code to redeem those 3 bonus items (paid nothing extra, and was not even aware that it was separate. It was quite random that I noticed the second code, it was on bottom line of some mail, I think. Easy to overlook.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 594 Member
    Question I went to check and see if can guy the game and the early access content is gone. Today is the 18th. Is it not the cutoff date?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    bonus content ended at 10 am today.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 20
    Initially, I was playing as a property owner who lived in one of the units in my 6 unit apartment building. Now I'm playing as a tenant. The main reason I now prefer playing as a tenant is because you have the option to initiate certain events—in particular the Pet Adoption Drive and Charity Gift Day.

Has anyone tried to initiate the Pet Adoption Drive and Charity Gift Day as a tenant? If so, do they last 12 hours and can you end them? I haven't tried this as I'm currently going through every household in my game because I removed a bunch of CAS cc.

In my whole game, I have a total of 17 units in Tomarang with no intention of building anymore. I have a back-up save that I keep because you really never know when something can go wrong when you install a big pack and/or updated patch.

Tenants: Ethan and Kayla's apartment unit that comes with 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. I put a doggie door on their unit and on the front and back of the building for their dog, Gunner.
    Ethan-and-Kala-Apartment.png

Decided to move the swimming pool from the rooftop to the basement so that it is closer since Gunner enjoys swimming and playing with the splash pad emitters.
    Basement-Area-in-For-Rent.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    @Hearts4u the pet adoption drive lasts for 12 hours and you're unable to end it early. I believe there's a bug thread for it on AHQ.
  • Options
    @Hearts4u the pet adoption drive lasts for 12 hours and you're unable to end it early. I believe there's a bug thread for it on AHQ.

Thank you @simgirl1010
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    edited January 25
    EgonVM wrote: »

😱
    ✋😬🤚

And I've been such a fan of that cheat...

Seriously, EA, people don't want to destroy their beloved saves with broken DLC.

Also, TwistedMexi finally released the more than 100 units mod! Though I'm still a little afraid to download it...

I don’t use CC or mods and only had a 5 unit apartment that I downloaded, and the 2 Tomarang apartments. And I still had problems with my practice save. I can’t wait till they fix it. I’m glad they know there are problems with the pack and are working on it,
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Hopefully they will figure out the many issues in For Rent sooner rather than later.

On the positive side, I was able to chat with EA support to get For Rent disabled. So now it is as if it was never in my game. Whenever a pack is disabled, one should uninstall the game then delete the EA folder before re-installing the game. Having my back-up save file before the release of For Rent has truly proved to be invaluable.

In case some do not know this, you have to chat with EA support to re-activate a disabled pack.

Back to my Ranch.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,584 Member
    edited January 27
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Hopefully they will figure out the many issues in For Rent sooner rather than later.

On the positive side, I was able to chat with EA support to get For Rent disabled. So now it is as if it was never in my game. Whenever a pack is disabled, one should uninstall the game then delete the EA folder before re-installing the game. Having my back-up save file before the release of For Rent has truly proved to be invaluable.

In case some do not know this, you have to chat with EA support to re-activate a disabled pack.

Back to my Ranch.

Sounds like you actually un installed for rent rather than disable it temporarily with advanced launch options, the way most simmers disable packs disable packs
    it is nice EA support was able to help you but a real shame it has to come to this. I hope you can enjoy your game again.
  • Options
    edited February 4
    83bienchen wrote: »
    ...when the positive and negative feedback thread slowly become indistinguishable... 😢

Because I do not read the negative thread or have X, I've come to appreciate when @simgirl1010 post about issues in the game and that the team is trying to fix them. It is not negative to bring awareness to something.

When you use the free rent cheat it still messes things up in For Rent. So, while the pack was installed and in order to get bills functioning properly, I did the following:
    1. I had to move a family to an empty lot.
    2. Give them a tone of money.
    3. Use the phone to move them into a rental.
    4. Bring their money back down.
    Those steps were done for all tenants and even for when I was a property owner living on the premises. Yet, I continued to play because I found a workaround.

Initially when the pack dropped, I was building for weeks. Then I was in CAS creating Sims for the world for some time. On Monday, January 22, 2024, I started to look around my game and noticed that complete households were gone and several Unplayed Households were also completely gone. And there was no way they just died because I play with death off. For several placed families to be wiped out of the game along with many NPC that have key roles like both teachers from High School Years, several professors from University, stars from Get Famous, the mayor and her son from Cottage Living, I knew something was wrong. The For Rent residential rental lot caused problems with regular lots that I never even touched.

At this point, I knew it was time to cut my losses and have EA support disable For Rent. I feel sorry for anyone who does not have a prior back-up. Don't get me wrong, I really like what they tried to do with For Rent; but the issues are real and there are many of them causing problems within the whole game. How do I now know that all my issues were caused by For Rent? Because For Rent is now disabled in my game and I've been playing in my old save and none of the problems are there. All of the families whom were completely deleted when I had For Rent are back in the game. No more build issues or cheats issues. Any issues I was having are now nonexistent.

I would have had to create a separate topic for each of the many issues that For Rent caused to my game on EA Answers HQ. Since the pack is no longer in my game, one can only hope that the team is aware of the many issues caused by For Rent.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    @Hearts4u thanks for the shout out. :) Civil constructive criticism is more than welcome in the Positive Thoughts threads.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    Initially when the pack dropped, I was building for weeks. Then I was in CAS creating Sims for the world for some time. On Monday, January 22, 2024, I started to look around my game and noticed that complete households were gone and several Unplayed Households were also completely gone. And there was no way they just died because I play with death off. For several placed families to be wiped out of the game along with many NPC that have key roles like both teachers from High School Years, several professors from University, stars from Get Famous, the mayor and her son from Cottage Living, I knew something was wrong. The For Rent residential rental lot caused problems with regular lots that I never even touched.

For Rent affected NPCs for some reason. I noticed in my game that it was missing bartenders and lounge entertainers. I didn't play long with it to see if other type of NPCs were missing. Someone on the forum said it was a known bug due to the game options being set to opt sims out of fame. I haven't tried to change the settings yet and see if they generate back, but this is so annoying not having NPCs as it renders all community lots useless.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Back to my Ranch.

Sounds like you actually un installed for rent rather than disable it temporarily with advanced launch options, the way most simmers disable packs disable packs
    it is nice EA support was able to help you but a real shame it has to come to this. I hope you can enjoy your game again.

I did not use the method of disabling within the advanced launch options because I wanted it completely out of my game since it ruined that particular save file. The EA tech support explained to me that when it is done by them, it is uninstalled from one's game. On the EA app, it shows that I do not even own it when in reality I still do own it. Yet, I can get it back by chatting with EA support to have them place it back as an owned pack.

I've always purchased packs that interest me during the week they released because I've never had anything that ruined a save; so, this is a first for me. However, having my old back-up save prior to installing For Rent saved me. So yes, I can actually enjoy my game again. :)
  • Options
    lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    On Monday, January 22, 2024, I started to look around my game and noticed that complete households were gone and several Unplayed Households were also completely gone. And there was no way they just died because I play with death off. For several placed families to be wiped out of the game along with many NPC that have key roles like both teachers from High School Years, several professors from University, stars from Get Famous, the mayor and her son from Cottage Living, I knew something was wrong.

I also noticed a crazy acceleration to household culling after adding For Rent, which is disappointing since I don’t feel like I have a really large number of households (I’m on PS5, it should be able to handle it).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    edited January 27
    crocobaura wrote: »

For Rent affected NPCs for some reason. I noticed in my game that it was missing bartenders and lounge entertainers. I didn't play long with it to see if other type of NPCs were missing. Someone on the forum said it was a known bug due to the game options being set to opt sims out of fame. I haven't tried to change the settings yet and see if they generate back, but this is so annoying not having NPCs as it renders all community lots useless.

This is actually a Get Famous bug and you don't need For Rent to have the bug. Thunder1143 has a mod bugfix for it. Changing the option DOES work, and you can change it back after arriving on the lot and the NPCs being generated.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

This is actually a Get Famous bug and you don't need For Rent to have the bug. Thunder1143 has a mod bugfix for it. Changing the option DOES work, and you can change it back after arriving on the lot and the NPCs being generated.

That's good to know about the mod but I play vanilla and have a lot of community lots and just going to all of them will take a lot of time and I don't want my sims to get any unwanted fame. I'll rather wait for an official fix otherwise I'll need to turn the fame option on, wait for the NPCs to generate and then turn it off again whenever I visit a new community lot in my game.