This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    Must be a mistake. I got Vlad. He doesn't want to be my neighbor.
    y34VMAx.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    y34VMAx.png

I got Judith.. You were lucky :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,256 Member
    Still enjoying my limited play but I do wish unfurnished apartment just meant that. Fixtures for bathroom & kitchen incl. counters should remain. I've never rented a house , apartment or basement suite in over 30 years that included table & chairs, beds etc. Only holiday rentals and rooms have that now at least where I live. I have noticed a few that do over the last couple of years but they are few and far between and generally have the option to keep or bring your own. And they all include fixtures. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member

A new chat animation!!!! Finallllllllllly🥺🥺🥺
    I love it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,256 Member
    Annnd my pc is home and humming. Can't wait to go collect some of those awesome apartment builds. If anyone has a nicely "unfurnished suites" one Please send me your gallery link. By unfurnished I mean the suites only have basic counters/appliances/bathroom fixtures. :-)
    Utility/laundry/landlordsuite are all okay to be furnished. TIA & Happy Simming ( I know I will be again).
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    y34VMAx.png

I got Judith.. You were lucky :p

Would have been cool if you'd gotten Agnes. You've been having so much fun with her . :p
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    I got Judy. Oh boy.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,851 Member
    Both of my landlords got paid!, been playing for a bit but I feel like that was a little over a week of waiting, but maybe I'm wrong I wasn't watching that closely as I was expecting you could collect it by talking to tenants or something. Also I'm not very observant...lol.
    tkqYmC5h.png
    Gy2y2LSh.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member

I got Nancy Landgraab. I mean, it wouldn't be that bad. With her funds, we could live in a mansion and each have our own wing of it. I could definitely put up with her and her attitude if a luxurious pool and a beautiful view was included in the package deal. It's all about lookin' on the bright side, folks! :D
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,315 Member
    I got Don Lothario :D
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,804 Member
    @Goldmoldar ...The most up-to-date 6 unit apartment build is now on the gallery. My Origin ID is littlebonnieblue

Lot Size: 40 x 30
    Lot Name: Ro Kaya Rockside
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,804 Member
    Thank goodness I was in the basement to notice one of my tenants coming down the stars to the laundry room. I missed him or his wife putting the clothes in. By time I noticed it, he removed the clothes from the washer, placed them in the dryer and started the machine. I wasn't able to see if he came back and removed his clothes from the dryer because it was very late at night and I shut my game down.

Tenant-Puts-Clothes-from-Wather-to-Dryer.png

I've been so busy testing my one apartment build that I have not had time for any gameplay. Although rewarding once complete, set-up takes a lot of time.

I do like these event pop-ups though. Whatever you do, do not go in...
    the pool.
    For-Rent-Events.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited December 2023
    Here’s my opinion so far.

CAS : I love the new hairs, especially the long straight hair. Clothes for Teen and up are not very versatile in my opinion, most of it is stuff I’ll only use on specific sims, although some pieces are really beautiful.
    I really like the children clothes though. Oh, I like the new traits too!

Build/Buy. : The furniture is beautiful, not everything is versatile but it makes sense. I like it, I think I’ll use the radiators, rugs, plants, appliances and plastic chairs often.
    It’s great to get new kitchen appliances and plants that are not clustered!

World : It is small, but Tomarang is beautiful, I love the night market, it’s so colorful. Kinda wish there were extra stalls we can buy stuff from, I would also have liked new harvestables like Mangos, Durians, Mangosteens, Sugar Cane for example that we could have also bought at the night market.
    I like that the swimmable area is big, it allows us to also use boats and jet-skis from Island Living. Again some new fish could have been nice. The temple is a rabbit hole, so is the tiger sanctuary, I was sad about this. You can’t even see tigers, just eyes in the bushes at night.

Gameplay : I haven’t tried everything, but I do like being able to build apartment units, and discovering secrets is fun. I really appreciate that children activities are included, though for me the marbles game is a bit buggy, my sim played for keeps, won, but there was no new marble in her inventory.
    Not gonna lie, loading screens between units are annoying, and they’re not super short in my case.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 490 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Fun fact: The mold death is the first death where what the ghost does is described in the Lessons.
    kyg2w48m62kl.png

Reading this makes me wish so hard that other ghosts would get an update to make each type do something unique like this. Ghosts are so devoid of personality and nonsensical right now. All they do is break stuff and otherwise behave exactly like living sims (eating food, dressing in seasonal clothing, casually chatting with living sims, etc.).
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    COLORFUL HALO-HALO INSPIRED BY THE SIMS 4 FOR RENT

Simspiration: Popular icy dessert from the Philippines with shaved ice, condensed milk, fruit, sweet beans and jellies
    m4z0tmS.png

Food creator Ian Kewks has developed a huge TikTok following for sharing traditional yet accessible Filipino recipes. So when Ian showed us his recipe for halo-halo, a For Rent Expansion Pack favorite and quintessential dessert from the Philippines that involves mixing up a bevy of goodness, we could not have been more excited. “Halo-halo compiles everything delicious the Philippines has to offer,” says Ian. “Ingredients like ube, sweet banana, jackfruit and coconut strips are just some of the key components to a good halo-halo.”

Since some of the ingredients can only be found in Filipino supermarkets, such as pinipig (toasted rice), this versatile dessert tastes just as good with substitutions. “Lots of substitutions can be made to halo-halo without breaking the integrity of the dish itself,” Ian explains. “For example, if you don’t have any sweet bananas, jackfruit or coconut strips preserved in syrup, you can always opt for the fresh kinds. Evaporated milk can be substituted with fresh milk or other plant-based options if you prefer. Pinipig could also be replaced with cornflakes or rice krispies if you don’t have any luck finding it.”

The key is not sweating it. “Have fun with it,” Ian urges. “It’s cliché, but the beauty of halo-halo is that it’s not a very intricate dish that requires any sort of fancy technique whatsoever. Serve it in a cup or a bowl, whichever you prefer. Add however much toppings you desire, and douse it with milk to your preferred creaminess. Most importantly, mix the halo-halo until it becomes slushy-like – that’s the whole point of why it’s named the way it is!”

Ian has fond memories eating halo-halo when he lived in the Philippines, and continues to make memories with his family in Canada. “Making halo-halo is a very family-oriented activity in our house,” he shares. “One of us [is] in charge of shaving ice, while the others are responsible for prepping the toppings and mix-ins. It’s always a fun get-together with family (especially in the summer) and then enjoying the labor of our combined efforts in the end.”

Recipe by Ian Kewks (Inspired by The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack)

Prep time: 5-10 mins

Servings: 1 tall glass or 1 large bowl

Ingredients:
    1/2 – 1 cup shaved/crushed ice
    1⁄4 cup evaporated milk

Fillings:
    1 tbsp ube halaya (ube jam)
    1 tbsp sweetened red mung beans
    1 tbsp sweetened jackfruit strips
    1 tbsp sweetened bananas (plantain or saba), chopped
    1 tbsp sugar palm fruit
    1 tbsp sweetened coconut strips/macapuno
    1 tbsp coconut gel/nata de coco

Toppings:
    1 scoop ube ice cream
    1 slice leche flan
    1 chocolate wafer stick
    1 tsp pinipig, toasted

Directions:

In a tall glass, add in all the ingredients for the filling (you can spread the ube halaya inside the sides of the glass for a more traditional look).
    Fill the glass with the shaved/crushed ice and drizzle in the evaporated milk.
    Top the halo halo with a scoop of ube ice cream, leche flan, a chocolate wafer stick, and toasted pinipig.
    Serve immediately. Stir and mix everything together before eating. Enjoy!

So whether you are trying to nail your halo-halo recipe IRL or in The Sims 4, we want to see your creations. Tag #Simspiration to show us your inspiring work of art, both inside and outside of our games. Dag dag!

More pics and video here:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/news/simspiration-halo-halo
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 5,028 Member
    edited December 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »

Fun fact: The mold death is the first death where what the ghost does is described in the Lessons.
    kyg2w48m62kl.png

Reading this makes me wish so hard that other ghosts would get an update to make each type do something unique like this. Ghosts are so devoid of personality and nonsensical right now. All they do is break stuff and otherwise behave exactly like living sims (eating food, dressing in seasonal clothing, casually chatting with living sims, etc.).

Oh yes. And seeing in game, Mold ghosts also have a unique floating animation, resembling the walking animation of a sim close to death by mold. It's not a lot when a ghost type gets a lot of love. Some that come to my mind is Murphy Bed one and Rabid Rodent Fever and... To think of it, this ghost seems to be the most detailed ghost out of all of them: special effects are there, few special actions, few special reactions (bad reactions to sims eating mushrooms and can't eat mushrooms themselves), and even a special walk/float animation. So detailed that it even got its own Lessons page after all!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »

kyg2w48m62kl.png

So this moldy haunter is the "ghost with the most". Oh, I hope this is a sign of some changes to come!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 197 Member
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 780 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Thank goodness I was in the basement to notice one of my tenants coming down the stars to the laundry room. I missed him or his wife putting the clothes in. By time I noticed it, he removed the clothes from the washer, placed them in the dryer and started the machine. I wasn't able to see if he came back and removed his clothes from the dryer because it was very late at night and I shut my game down.

Did the apartments have Laundry baskets in them? I have a clothesline and bucket at my rental but having noticed any of the neighbors using them.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,576 Member
    Halo Halo?
    COLORFUL HALO-HALO INSPIRED BY THE SIMS 4 FOR RENT

Simspiration: Popular icy dessert from the Philippines with shaved ice, condensed milk, fruit, sweet beans and jellies
    m4z0tmS.png

Initially I believed this "Halo Halo" to be a microscopic image of an exotic type of toxic mold. Do I feel a bit bad about that? Mmm..a little bit, yes. After learning that it is -in fact- an exotic dessert, I'd definitely try a spoon or two! I'm sure it won't kill me right away. :D

My neighbour is Dina Caliente. Oh shoot! I forgot to buy a pack of sugar in the store. Might ask her for some.

For Rent- I don't agree with some of the design choices made and I do hope that the most prominent bugs will get fixed before next year-please- but overall I'm having a good time with this EP.

I'm currently half testing / half playing with the apartment feature, so far only as tenants. Setting up apartments most certainly keeps me busy and out of trouble, and I must say that as a builder I've been getting a huge amount of enjoyment out of it! I'm converting older builds and I'm building new ones. The problem with me is that there's this non-stop flow of creative ideas for new tenants and therefore new builds - resulting in me not actually spending a lot of time in live-mode. I suppose that's both a good and bad complaint.

I'm still building my family's family home, unfortunately there's little space for this type of build in Tomarang, so it's staying in Sulani instead, but with all the gorgeous BB items from For Rent.

Oh, and here are my Slum Lord Twins: Paddy McShlum & Chuck McShlum. They're altogether lovely...
    Paddy is an evil poet and Chuck's into creepy dolls..
    They're sims that I created ages ago, but I modified them a tiny bit because I think they'd make perfect Landlords.
    I'm looking forward to playing with these guys. 😈

Mc-Slums-SMLL.jpg

• Options