Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will EA reveal more about the 3rd EP in 2023?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    Maybe it’ll be released in December after all?

I'd guess the first week in December.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Late October
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Maybe it’ll be released in December after all?

I’m starting to think maybe it’ll be December now.

It may be the second week to November so they can have a chance to fix bugs then go on vacation and start a new Quarter year.

Seems unlikely. Fixing bugs hasn't really been a top priority for them for years now. They have absolutely no problem releasing packs full of (game breaking) bugs or whatsoever. The release date is already set in stone. The only thing they have to do is announce it now.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Late October
    I still think it coming this month, if not then very early November. I can’t imagine they would miss out on Black Friday sales…..
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Late October
    Will they drop hints tomorrow? I really hope so.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Late October
    I really thought it would be today, so I guess I have lost the pool.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Hoping for a teaser tomorrow! I believe they teased Horse Ranch on a Wednesday & dropped the trailer on a Thursday.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Late October
    Hoping for a teaser tomorrow! I believe they teased Horse Ranch on a Wednesday & dropped the trailer on a Thursday.

That's correct. Both Horse Ranch and Growing Together were announced on a Thursday!
  • Options
    TTNsimmer wrote: »

That's correct. Both Horse Ranch and Growing Together were announced on a Thursday!

So there is still hope for this week then!
  • Options
    No teaser today.
  • Options
    If the date of the leak is correct, we probably won’t hear anything for another 2 weeks.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2023
    Late October
    If the date of the leak is correct, we probably won’t hear anything for another 2 weeks.
    While it is fine that the EP may release in December, the last month of the year 2023, it is still interesting why would they not take advantage of the November Black Friday sales thing to make sure many people will buy this new EP for The Sims 4. :open_mouth:

EDIT: and this would not be the first time in history that we got an EP in December for TS4, the first one was Get Together I believe? But that was the second EP of TS4, and it got delayed, and it was originally supposed to drop in November 2015. Maybe, just maybe, this "Rental Houses" EP got also delayed and was supposed to be released in November 2023, but it got pushed back behind the scenes. Maybe that could mean something huge, game-changing or even game-breaking feature could be included either in the pre-EP game update or in the EP itself.)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Late October
    According to EA_Cade the EP has not been delayed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18318665#Comment_18318665
  • Options
    Late October
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    While it is fine that the EP may release in December, the last month of the year 2023, it is still interesting why would they not take advantage of the November Black Friday sales thing to make sure many people will buy this new EP for The Sims 4. :open_mouth:

EDIT: and this would not be the first time in history that we got an EP in December for TS4, the first one was Get Together I believe? But that was the second EP of TS4, and it got delayed, and it was originally supposed to drop in November 2015. Maybe, just maybe, this "Rental Houses" EP got also delayed and was supposed to be released in November 2023, but it got pushed back behind the scenes. Maybe that could mean something huge, game-changing or even game-breaking feature could be included either in the pre-EP game update or in the EP itself.)

I really thought we would get it before Black Friday too, but maybe they figure so many people will be out shopping for others that weekend, or at other families homes or having people over for Thanksgiving that if they brought it out the following week it would make higher sales on release day because people will be home buying it for themselves.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited October 2023
    November
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I really thought we would get it before Black Friday too, but maybe they figure so many people will be out shopping for others that weekend, or at other families homes or having people over for Thanksgiving that if they brought it out the following week it would make higher sales on release day because people will be home buying it for themselves.

They never have the newest expansion for sale on black Friday now.Also the ad said October to december
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Late October
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

They never have the newest expansion for sale on black Friday now.Also the ad said October to december

Yes I know that, but many times parents, grandparents or a significant others, will end up picking up something like a game for Christmas even when it isn’t on sale when they are out doing their Black Friday shopping. I know I used to pick up systems and games ( even when not on sake ), on Black Friday for my kids when I was doing other shopping on Black Friday. But, maybe it’s not so common with games anymore, as most are probably bought online these days, and gift cards can be bought for games. Still, people off work for thanksgiving weekend would look to pick up a new sims expansion to play with because they don’t often have the time off to play during the week. I’m assuming that EA has done marketing research though, and it must not make that much of a difference these days.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    November
    Definitely November time.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Late October
    So either today a trailer or next week Tuesday
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    November
    Based on the leak, the reveal trailer is probably going to drop this Thursday.
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    Nothing from TheSims on X Today so expect a teaser Tomorrow.
  • Options
    tiffanysims1112tiffanysims1112 Posts: 5 New Member
    Late October
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Nothing from TheSims on X Today so expect a teaser Tomorrow.

I So Hope The Teaser Is Coming Tomorrow Because I Can't Wait Any Longer LOL
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    November
    The pack will be announced in November and released in December
  • Options
    Late October
    > @ShannonMarie_76 said:
    > The pack will be announced in November and released in December

Even Though I Saw The Leak It Comes Out The Week Before My Birthday
  • Options
    The pack will be announced in November and released in December

November 2nd to be precise which is in 2 days.
  • Options
    Late October
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > November 2nd to be precise which is in 2 days.

That's What I Was Thinking Too And If December 7th Is Really When It Comes Out Then That Would Be A Really Nice Early Birthday Present LOL