Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will EA reveal more about the 3rd EP in 2023?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Looking like Late October now but it could get announced on the 17th or 19th Next Week.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    November
    I hope we will see some leaks next week.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    November
    My guess is Early November or late October. The new EP would then come around for the holidays on December.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Late October
    As others have said, if they actually want people to buy it for Christmas, the smart move is to release it in late November, or at the latest immediately after Black Friday. But most people know, when people go shopping for Black Friday deals, they often like to get as much Christmas shopping done as possible at once, so they spend money on things that are on sale and things that are not.

E.g., if EA puts older packs on sale for Black Friday, I'm much more likely to buy both packs if I can pick up an old pack on sale and also pick up the new pack at the same time, rather than having to go back a second time. Time is precious.

That being said, EA seems to like to release new packs just after holidays so that everyone is in the office to deal with any problems that come up. I can kind of understand that. Although personally, when my team at work has a deadline close to a holiday, I like to make the deadline before the holiday, so that we can meet the deadline and then everyone can actually enjoy their holiday. But of course, that's assuming you can meet a deadline with the product fully in order. No one wants to be fixing bugs when they could be eating pie on the sofa instead.

Anyway, if that's even close to what they do for a release date, we should be getting news fairly soon. So I'm kind of thinking the last week of October.
  • Options
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    My guess is Early November or late October. The new EP would then come around for the holidays on December.

December is late for an expansion pack. Normally they release before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Late October
    Jadeleine wrote: »

December is late for an expansion pack. Normally they release before Thanksgiving.

Yup. Gurus need the holidays for their families.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2023
    I’m really hoping that we hear something this week! Has The Sims ever released an expansion pack in December?
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    November
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I’m really hoping that we hear something this week! Has The Sims ever released an expansion pack in December?

I think Get Together was the only expansion released in December and that was way back in 2015
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Late October

I think Get Together was the only expansion released in December and that was way back in 2015

It was postponed too.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Late October

It got delayed and it was supposed to drop in November but they had to delay it to December for some unknown reasons. I believe Dine Out (game pack) got delayed in 2016 too. Maybe some other packs we didn't know got delayed too but Get Together was the only EP that was confirmed to be delayed officially by EA/Maxis.
  • Options
    Oh, wow, I don’t even remember Get Together getting delayed, lol. I feel like if they’re going to release the new pack in November, they’d have to announce it either this week or next week?
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    November
    I'm just surprised we haven't seen any leaks yet. Usually there's at least a few leaks before the official announcement. Maybe the fact that there hasn't been any leaks suggests that this EP will be released later than usual?
  • Options
    No tease today from TheSims on X. I'm guessing tomorrow they tease were getting a Trailer Thursday.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No teaser so far...
  • Options
    Nothing today on Twitter.
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    There may be an announcement next week after twitchcon is over. A lot of content creators are traveling this week.
  • Options
    Late October
    I really expected something by now. My guesses were wrong.
  • Options
    Maybe it’ll be released in December after all?
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Late October

I’m starting to think maybe it’ll be December now.
  • Options
    Late October

I'm fine if it is, but I feel for people who will get called into work over the Xmas holidays for coding emergency patches and updates following the release.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    November
    Hmmm... new pack sale started today, I guess there won't be any announcement until after this sale... 2 weeks minimum?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Late October
    We still have over a week left for them to announce something this month!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Late October

It may be the second week to November so they can have a chance to fix bugs then go on vacation and start a new Quarter year.
  • Options
    skipskip Posts: 6 New Member
    Late October
    really good sales on sims game
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    November
    I would think announcement close to Dec for the holidays but I don't keep track of drop dates between announcements.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/