Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new city would you want?

San Myshuno is supposed to be a fusion of Asian and American. If the new EP has a city, what do you hope for?

What new city would you want? 112 votes

Chinese City (e.g. Shanghai or others)
7%
lisamwittdanacnbrettfreindlylolRamblineRoseTheRedLionBewitchingSashaWispyesinisterlemons 8 votes
Indian City (e.g. Kolkata, Mumbai, others)
7%
SimmervilleSuniroseSnaveXsSheepilingOceancatRouensimsAreeds23PandoraTO 8 votes
Bangkok
8%
g01denswanalanmichael1Lenny_Oggdomina89CattyBetsyDaepheneArcaBL5036amydunne 9 votes
Hanoi
0%
hellohannah2 1 vote
Seoul
3%
GlamourskyGracieO312InuMiroLoveramber_ilumire 4 votes
Western Europe (e.g. Amsterdam or others)
18%
crocobauraFrn0731alexspoom13overonrobyngravesLuvtehGeeksLizzychicagosnoepjes1210rjssimsof2106QuaayAlanSimsddd994Evilyn_1007Atreya33RememberJoySimChiLixy_170DemongradCrimson_Angel_41 21 votes
Scandinavian (e.g. Oslo or others)
22%
WedKorglyWrathSixxSimburiangoodcakebaker62BariSaxycatloverplayergreydonnMalalupissimmietimekiwi84MyrrindrajoleacoCeridwenDaniRose2143birdonawireSimskristaLady_BalloraSeashoreLivianetney52 25 votes
West African (e.g. Lagos or others)
12%
haneulDoloresGreysillyangel0906Briana2425abelhinha35mikaSimDestroyerSERVERFRAEdithVAenalaEsiaReaganboganskipDimP17 14 votes
East African (e.g. Nairobi or others)
10%
luthienrisingjcp011c2ImSandssuperkyle221HolidayDaWaterRatNushkaKatofhyrule12EleriCaerfinonAnoukDuartecelysims 12 votes
South American (e.g. Rio or others)
8%
Isb917yesme88SheriSim57FreezerBunnyCowplantBehappy1stChicklet453681TTNsimmerSiggDiggitmightyspritejennieeffin 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I should have included Istanbul! How amazing would that be.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2023
    I'd love to see an Africa-based world and picked the part of Africa that includes Ethiopia, mainly because I adore Ethiopian food and it would be very cool to have new animation for eating various wats with injera directly from a shared platter with no utensils.

Also now I really wish dinner wasn't already cooking.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amsterdam with the canals would be so lovely. Or Paris. Or Bruges with a big christmas market.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'll admit I was kinda random between several that interested me, but whatever choice, I'd want it to be in a part of the world we haven't visited yet in the Sims (at least as a residential world)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I have a great number of households I could easily move to an Indian city. So, that's my choice but I wouldn't mind seeing them all. Since we have an Asian and European inspired worlds. Those are my least wanted. An African inspired world would be my second choice.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually, I would love an Egyptian World. However, I could work with an African World, preferably both East & West. ;)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    We need something African.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Scandinavian (e.g. Oslo or others)
    I would love Scandinavian or Canadian. I have two custom content Scandinavian worlds in The Sims 3 and they are beautiful. I love the aesthetic so much.

Otherwise, I'll be boring and say Western Europe. But it's been done several times now.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    I don't really care, what I want most are the tools to make apartments and townhouses myself, so that I can make my own city. But if I get a world, I'd love another European world but I'd also want Indian and African worlds, just not necessarily cities, but a mix (like Windenburg where you get both town and countryside).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    I want to see all these actually. I really want safari vacation world for africa, and if we are in thailand, or asian, I d rather someplace more beautiful than a city, like nature and water.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It was really hard to choose! I would love a city based on Thailand, India, an African country, or China! Why not all of them? 😁
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I can't choose a particular city or country but I'd love to see an Asian or African city. San Myshuno feels American to me, with some Asian add-ons.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Seoul
    I chose Seoul simply because I’d love to combine it with the Korean-inspired Kit from last year, but I honestly hope we are treated any kind of Asian city.
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    Hanoi
    anything that isn't western, i could have voted for many of these, and of course as others have pointed out we're in dire need of some African representation. I chose Hanoi just because I really like the idea of busy, narrow little streets with loads of power lines overhead and markets running through it
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Amsterdam is a nice choice but hoping something like Vegas. I'm just craving some big and populated world. We've gotten so many quiet towns that the streets feel empty.
  • Options
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Amsterdam is a nice choice but hoping something like Vegas. I'm just craving some big and populated world. We've gotten so many quiet towns that the streets feel empty.

Vegas would be awesome, but given that the next pack is supposed to be neighborly, I just don't see Vegas happening. I think of hotels and not neighbors, but I could be wrong!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Venice
    Marrakesh
    Paris
    Cairo
    Athens
    Tel Aviv
    Monaco
    Livingstone/Victoria Falls
    Cape Town
    Mumbai
    Singapore
    Shanghai
    Seoul
    Ulaanbaatar
    Kathmandu
    Sydney
    Hobart
    Auckland
    Barcelona
    Zurich
    Budapest
    London
    Edinburgh
    Dublin
    Brussels
    Amsterdam
    Copenhagen
    Bergen
    Longyearbyen
    Reykavik
    Quebec City
    Halifax
    Mexico City
    Panama City
    Lima
    Rio De Janeiro
    Valparaiso

Any of the above would do just nicely, thank you. :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Chinese City (e.g. Shanghai or others)
    This was hard. I would love to see several of them. I pretty much picked at random because I couldn't decide.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »

Vegas would be awesome, but given that the next pack is supposed to be neighborly, I just don't see Vegas happening. I think of hotels and not neighbors, but I could be wrong!

Oh that's true! Maybe they could save a Vegas type of world for a Hotel/Vacation destination EP but the 'neighborly' word also makes me think of apartments so maybe something like New York as in San Myshuno 2.0 but maybe bigger? Who knows. I'm so excited to find out more!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2023
    Seoul
    I voted for Seoul because I almost made it in real life (C19 stopped me) but the city that I would really, really love to see in The Sims is SimCity.

https://youtu.be/lxaJXyF4qbg?si=CvzUXBM4tM3qasjc
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    I chose East Africa, but I specifically want Egypt.

My favorite world in Sims 3 is Lucky Palms that is a combination of Las Vegas and Palm Springs and bit of Strangerville. I doubt that I would like anything similar created for Sims 4. I don't think my favorite things about Lucky Palms would carry over well. I think Egypt could be even better though.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited September 2023
    ah I'm so torn because I rather want historical city or scifi city not so much the realistic city

and I also really want the architecture of the place of inspiration to show not something like here have skycrapers with lawns or whatever

and I'd like having some options as player to make my own townhouses and apartments on existing worlds as actual lot type more than like having just one world of them

that all said I think I am partial to Asia/Africa options because we don't have many worlds at all in The Sims from those regions

also as I am nordic bean I just find the far away places more interesting like why would i want sim world that looks like my backyard naw man thats just boring.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Venice
    Marrakesh
    Paris
    Cairo
    Athens
    Tel Aviv
    Monaco
    Livingstone/Victoria Falls
    Cape Town
    Mumbai
    Singapore
    Shanghai
    Seoul
    Ulaanbaatar
    Kathmandu
    Sydney
    Hobart
    Auckland
    Barcelona
    Zurich
    Budapest
    London
    Edinburgh
    Dublin
    Brussels
    Amsterdam
    Copenhagen
    Bergen
    Longyearbyen
    Reykavik
    Quebec City
    Halifax
    Mexico City
    Panama City
    Lima
    Rio De Janeiro
    Valparaiso

Any of the above would do just nicely, thank you. :D

Haha. Halifax is like Brindleton Bay, and London and Edinburgh feel like Britchester to me.

Lots of great suggestions!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I would get most use out of a European city(Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Oslo,... ) I know less what to expect with the non western cities but they could be interesting as well. A city like shanghai in China or Rio de Janeiro in Brasil would be at the top of the non western cities I'd like.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I really want a world based on any of the middle-eastern or north-african countries, and have the game re-introduce the Genie occult life state in that pack!