Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation Thread 2023 (Patch is Live)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    REPORTED FIXED. Close and restart the app to launch the game. There's not an actual update.

I'm still getting the 'Update is Required' notice. Guess I'll check out the bug report page.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Decided to play Skyrim instead. Only problem with that is I love Skyrim to the point that once I start playing again I have a hard time switching back to play something else. Maybe I will try alternating the 2 games after I am sure Sims 4 is fixed. In the meantime I am off to adventuring!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yeah, they really did NOT fix it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Decided to play Skyrim instead. Only problem with that is I love Skyrim to the point that once I start playing again I have a hard time switching back to play something else. Maybe I will try alternating the 2 games after I am sure Sims 4 is fixed. In the meantime I am off to adventuring!

I tend to alternate Sims and Civ 6 depending on my mood :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    REPORTED FIXED. Close and restart the app to launch the game. There's not an actual update.

I'm still getting the 'Update is Required' notice. Guess I'll check out the bug report page.

Same for me too even after closing and restarting.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

The EA App problem is fixed. To see the fix on your end, do an EA App Recovery:
    1. Open the EA App
    2. Select the upper left corner menu (three lines)
    3. Select Help
    4. Select App Recovery

NOTE: If you still have issues, try also restarting your computer. Or go for a walk and try App Recovery again in a while; the fix may still be rolling out. And no, there's no actual update!

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Working for me now.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited August 2023
    So is/was there an actual update? I never got the update message. TIA

Ahh just saw @luthienrising post. Thanks!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member

The EA App problem is fixed. To see the fix on your end, do an EA App Recovery:
    1. Open the EA App
    2. Select the upper left corner menu (three lines)
    3. Select Help
    4. Select App Recovery

NOTE: If you still have issues, try also restarting your computer. Or go for a walk and try App Recovery again in a while; the fix may still be rolling out. And no, there's no actual update!

How sad, I was really hoping for a surprise update lol

Thanks as always for your service @luthienrising ! It is always appreciated
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in getting to you all here, I've been all over AHQ this morning trying to get to the bottom of the issue that occurred overnight.

Long story short, there was no patch today. What we had was an issue with the EA app earlier (I believe the technical term was "shenanigans") that caused the app to think that Sims 4 had an update available when there wasn't.

Thanks @luthienrising for keeping this thread up to date as well, you can follow along in the thread on AHQ for this issue should the need arise.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think we may be getting a patch tomorrow cause I believe they're going to announce the 2 Kits Tomorrow.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Yeah is tuesday so is a patch day
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Yeah is tuesday so is a patch day

I'm just guessing. It's cause I think the kits will get announced Tomorrow for a Thursday release.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    No update today Just the free download. Maybe next week or this Thursday.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    Was it a patch? I thought it was just an SDX delivery?
  • Options
    Bren91 wrote: »
    Was it a patch? I thought it was just an SDX delivery?

Last game update was August 3rd. Yesterday was just the SDX delivery.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    We should be getting the Kit Announcements Today.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No laundry list = no patch?
  • Options
    No laundry list = no patch?

They don't always announce a laundry list.
  • Options
    No Kit Announcement yet. I'm getting worried.
  • Options

...⏳🤐
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

But couldn’t the new kits come anytime in September, given that the roadmap was June-September? We just had the SDX the other week, and I don’t think we’re expecting anything else for this roadmap except the kits now, are we?
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

But couldn’t the new kits come anytime in September, given that the roadmap was June-September? We just had the SDX the other week, and I don’t think we’re expecting anything else for this roadmap except the kits now, are we?

Yes, the roadmap is through September, so I'm expecting the kits next month.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

Yes, the roadmap is through September, so I'm expecting the kits next month.

True, but I think some people expected a big surprise for the 9th anniversary on Sep 2. Time is running out!