Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The townie sims are getting the Horse names

So far I have met townies named Snake, Falcon and Prickly Pear. It's so funny.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2023
    I thought they sounded like country nicknames. I've also seen a Bear and a Pumpkin.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Well, of the new townies that I have seen spawned in my game so far is a Storm Green, Lark Wright, Duck Farley and I also have a Garnet. I haven't seen a Potato or a Snickerdoodle yet but I am not hating this. In fact I love it.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    I love the idea of the townies having strange names and the horses having people names, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I had a townie pop up named Otter Garza. Definitely thought they were just country nicknames lol. I’ve heard of people in real life nicknamed Snake, Squirrel, Beaver, Rat, Bear, Duck, Gator, Bird…the list goes on and on lol.
  • Options
    mjh4025mjh4025 Posts: 26 Member
    Maybe it is country nicknames. I love it either way. My sim married a lady named Fox and is friends with Otter.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    The game randomized my rancher family's kid as Pony, so a Horse Lover he is!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,211 Member
    I have it too and I love it. I was so tired of always having only Japanese names (NOTE:nothing wrong with Japanese names, but bit too much in my nort European game.)
    These are fun :P (At least for now :p )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yup ran into Bison Gonzales yesterday
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 444 Member
    Well, I guess it's a break from all the Mt. Komorebi and Sulani names.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,211 Member
    Drakos wrote: »

Did the name suit the sim? I can picture a rancher with nickname Bison :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 622 Member
    Well, I guess it's a break from all the Mt. Komorebi and Sulani names.

Not in my game - I have non-stop Asian named sims strolling by on a daily basis. I REALLY wish they would fix this bug...AGAIN!
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Drakos wrote: »

Did the name suit the sim? I can picture a rancher with nickname Bison :D

Absolutely, I added her to my households, so Neighborhood stories won't get her.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    Where do you guys even run into townies? My Chestnut Ridge is empty like a ghost town from a horror movie.
  • Options
    SparkyNinja4SparkyNinja4 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've encountered a ghost called pumpkin... Just thought it was another quirky hidden townie. Whoops
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Where do you guys even run into townies? My Chestnut Ridge is empty like a ghost town from a horror movie.

I had my Sims go on a date in the bar. Met some new townies there. Also in the nightclub. I have also noticed 2 new households each with 1 Sim and a horse in my general household tab in the household managment.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited July 2023
    For me townies are possible friends and partners for the players sims, so let my sims date someone with these names is a no go for me.
    My sim: but squirrel has such a good character, is so good looking and treats me like a prince!
    Me: no way!

305475aaddb28644ab2e99c885c407d5d91926fb.jpg
    Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Fox Brimley, Bartender at the Country Bunker (Squirrel Black, the guy from the post above is the other Bartender there ^^')
    0ca286bf3c9b451557f546f770003e2cfb4c6cf0.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    I kind of noticed it but I didn't pay attention to it. It's a good change. Most of my townies had Japanese names for the last couple of years.