We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Official Countdown Thread (Released)

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,745 Member
    edited July 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sighs I wish I could jump right into this pack when it releases but I still have to get my computer upgraded for it

which means no money to be buying packs this year anyway when I do :<

guess I'll be painting ceilings for the rest of the year

Just put away $20 cash per week then when you get to $40 put that money in your bank.

You have underestimated how broke I am my friend :sweat_smile: you can't put away money if you don't have any in first place
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,602 Member
    Sighs I wish I could jump right into this pack when it releases but I still have to get my computer upgraded for it

which means no money to be buying packs this year anyway when I do :<

guess I'll be painting ceilings for the rest of the year

I'll be painting ceilings, too! :) Just planning to restrict that activity too, because IIRC the ceiling paint actually slowed down my TS3 quite a bit. Might be less of a problem in TS4 as there are fewer lots to load per hood, and if I mainly use the same paint (per hood) I'll be even more on the safe side. Shouldn't be too hard to stick to wooden/painted/brick per hood, as they would often be a typical regional trend thing, anyway.

I should upgrade my system, too. So I'm curious to know what your old system is like, and if it already is affecting your game performance, or if you are just being on the safe side before adding horses?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • TartosanVigneronTartosanVigneron Posts: 24 Member
    idk if this has already been answered, but can you hire a ranch hand for residential lots outside of chestnut ridge?
    edited July 2023

I should upgrade my system, too. So I'm curious to know what your old system is like, and if it already is affecting your game performance, or if you are just being on the safe side before adding horses?
    Well its Acer Nitro N50-600 desktop
    specs roughly so
    m95YjAT.png
    RAM type is DDR4
    and it says processor has 6 cores, should that matter
    as for how it is now
    I've been playing ultra and it was really all good until I added MWS
    since then its been spiking, lagging, crashing,
    sounding like a rocket ship and heating at power of thousand suns kind of fun
    some lots more some lots less

(like the way I can comfortably play in Forgotten Hollow
    but if I go to Glimmerbrook or Tartosa for example... rip.
    and I don't even have many builds in those two worlds at all
    meanwhile my Forgotten Hollow is filled to the brim :sweat_smile:
    make it make sense :lol:

I guess those worlds just have more world deco, intense lighting effects or something

anyway yeah, I don't think its good idea to add horses on top of all that :sweat_smile:
    I added some packs after MWS and the packs of choice seemed to not do much additional damage
    but I just know something like additional animals is very heavy on performance
    (already rather evident when I give my sims CoL animals so yeah, 2x that sounds intense :sweat_smile: )

I'm also really not willing to compromise on that playing ultra thing :sweat_smile:
    cause I played the lowest graphics with old trash laptop for such a long time before I switched to this desktop
    and it was so very depressing to me and my eyes so I'm really not looking to get back to doing that no matter what :sweat_smile:
    anyway yeah I'm hoping its just that I'm running out of RAM, that could reasonably be upgraded
    if my socially anxious bean self would just pick up that phone and find someone who can do it for me :lol:
    I'm really too tech illiterate myself to even attempt
    I'd probably just break the whole machine and then I'm playing nothing :sweat_smile:
    @Simmingal thanks. I'm not the expert, I'm on a low-end system myself. Never tried Ultra, so I guess we are a few divisions apart ;) I recently had trouble playing a royal palace (an extreme lot, packed with cc and what not), so I reduced my viewing distance. It had been on High, and I was fascinated by the new very limited view but at least lovely shades of tree tops etc. So I kept it that way for a while, forgetting to revert the change - I'm not that often at the palace anyway... On smaller lots I have no problems, but I guess it's time to upgrade anyway, I don't need ultra, which sounds fun, but I'm behind rec specs re Windows version, and I decided not bothering to buy Win11(?) as it will be installed when I get a better computer.

In younger days I'd gladly replace a RAM card with no problem, but these days I find it easier to stay with my humble rigg until it's time for a full change. I don't expect HR to work with my current system, but I'm not sure that is enough to keep me from trying, LOL
    idk if this has already been answered, but can you hire a ranch hand for residential lots outside of chestnut ridge?

Didn't see anyone commenting on it, but I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to? I assume Ranch hand is the sister of the Gardener, just tending to animals which the Gardener won't. Restricting such a service to CR when we know horses can be in other worlds would not make sense. Guess we'll get to know soon enough, 4 days to go :)
    edited July 2023
    @Simmerville yeah its just hard to let go of ultra when you have it :sweat_smile:
    I feel like tech keeps getting worse these days with endless bloatware and nonsense changes so I like to keep to old tech as long as i possibly can

for example i recently had to buy new phone cause my old one wouldn't charge anymore

I had to spend like whole week just undoing bunch of features and settings and i still keep getting advertisement popups for features i disabled cause i don't like them *sighs*

similar feelings about windows 11 will never switch to it I hate it so much
    they even removed the one and only useful thing MS Paint from Win11, criminal offence.
    I'm so glad I decided to get this computer before they released that plague and made it the only option

sorry rant I'm just salty and tired today it appears :sweat_smile: but yeah if you get new computer i suggest tons of RAM game really eats it up like madmad with so many packs
  • LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    Well its Acer Nitro N50-600 desktop
    specs roughly so
    m95YjAT.png
    RAM type is DDR4
    and it says processor has 6 cores, should that matter
    as for how it is now

I don't know the specs of your graphics card but my system has 8g Ram, DDR3, 4 Core CPU & an GE-Force 650 TI which has 2g vram on it & DDR5 speed. It runs all the packs except for HSY and several kits and I'm not sure if I own all the game packs but it doesn't have issues. I'm thinking you may have something else going on. It might need repairs. You can try turning down your graphics settings & turn off things like reflections, shadows, ect.
    P.S. If I had it I would gladly help you out with a new purchase but I've been drooling over a new pc for too many years myself.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,497 Member
    similar feelings about windows 11 will never switch to it I hate it so much
    they even removed the one and only useful thing MS Paint from Win11, criminal offence.
    I'm so glad I decided to get this computer before they released that plague and made it the only option

@Simmingal I'm currently setting up my new laptop which came with Windows 11 and I hadn't even thought about MS Paint so I had a moment there when you said it had been removed. But I have it.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I wonder if the ranch hand can also care for your cows, chickens and llamas if you have cottage living? Would be nice!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,035 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I wonder if the ranch hand can also care for your cows, chickens and llamas if you have cottage living? Would be nice!

Omg yess I hope so! I had this exact question for a long while now after the ranch hand was introduced! Would be very handy! Haha
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,003 Member
    By sheer coincidence, my mom asked me to take the 20th off to watch my nieces. So I'll be able to get the pack on release day and play it with my oldest niece, who is a horse girl. She's been dying for this pack, and I'm glad she'll have a lot of time to play it
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited July 2023
    @simgirl1010
    they didn't have it before
    but then again they might have readded it by now cause I'm sure I wasn't only salty one :sweat_smile:

I recall there was something else I was upset about too on win 11 maybe task bar? or then there was some array of unneeded apps one couldn't uninstall or something

but if the old ms paint is there good to know there might be hope after all
    maybe future is not a dystopia

@LindaD2015
    could ofcourse be that i have bad driver or messed up settings I recall it helped some when I downgraded my driver after adding MWS

either way I'm sure I could get dudes at fixers to check it out while adding the RAM

if I just could bring myself to make the call :joy:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • YamineHeartsYamineHearts Posts: 74 Member
    Does anyone know when the influencers will start to upload their horse ranch content?
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I got 2 countdowns this week!

The pony and I are almost done with our Virtual Tevis ride (Tevis is a very famous 100 miles-in-24 hours endurance ride in Northern California, but they also have a fundraising event online that is 100 miles in 100 days or less, which is the event that I participate in as I could never do 100 miles in 24 hours). We're at 96 miles so almost to the end.

And then there's Horse Ranch coming up fast. I'm hoping to finish VT by Wednesday so I can play Horse Ranch on Thursday.
  • LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    @simgirl1010
    they didn't have it before
    but then again they might have readded it by now cause I'm sure I wasn't only salty one :sweat_smile:

I recall there was something else I was upset about too on win 11 maybe task bar? or then there was some array of unneeded apps one couldn't uninstall or something

but if the old ms paint is there good to know there might be hope after all
    maybe future is not a dystopia

@LindaD2015
    could ofcourse be that i have bad driver or messed up settings I recall it helped some when I downgraded my driver after adding MWS

either way I'm sure I could get dudes at fixers to check it out while adding the RAM

if I just could bring myself to make the call :joy:

Good luck! I hope you do. It will be worth it.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,353 Member
    I built several houses for my new ranches, including Ponderosa, Fraser Ridge (the cabin, big house and Jocasta's River Run), Longmire's cabin and a few other cabins, the Ingalls house and barn and the Mercantile to pass the time faster til the pack is released. Just waiting to get the pack to finish with adding the new ranch items (and ceilings), and to make the people who will live in them! Definitely will use the Chestnut ridge for the 1800's era, but plan Henford for my Outlander sims. Can't wait to finish so I can play!

The ceilings are coming in the patch.
    3 Days!!!!
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 785 Member
    @catloverplayer, I am looking forward to updating my builds with all the new items. Will be adding the ceilings as well. Can't wait!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,372 Member
    When will the embargo end????
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,502 Member
    Is it patch day tomorrow?
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 911 Member
    It should be patch day since it two days before expansion day they patch bugs and things that are going to base game rest of the patch that deals with the expansion be installed with the expansion.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm really surprised they haven't lifted the embargo. I'm getting worried that something is wrong.
  • Perti23Perti23 Posts: 57 Member
    I wonder if we can feed the bizarre fruit to the horses.
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I'm really surprised they haven't lifted the embargo. I'm getting worried that something is wrong.

I expect the embargo to lift Tomorrow.