Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Official Countdown Thread (Released)

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    It feels so far away! :'( 20th of July is long enough, but I think I'm going to ask for a gift voucher for it for my birthday. That's not until August 13th! I have so much left that I haven't explored in my game yet, so in theory I should have plenty to keep me occupied till then, but I love animals, so I'm very impatient for this! :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,850 Member
    Don't forget we have the Gameplay trailer on Thursday and the Livestream the following week. I'm taking it week by week now.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    19 Days!!!!
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Teens!!!! 💕
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I liked Appaloosa’s when I was younger, but the first person to get a horse in my game is probably going to have a black one.
    18 Days!!!!
    edited July 2023
    17 Days!!!!

Reminder
    The Gameplay Trailer is Thursday.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    17 Days!!!!

Reminder
    The Gameplay Trailer is Thursday.

Ooooo.... I need to set a reminder for Thursday. I love trailer day! <3
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    16 Days!!!!

2 Days Till The Gameplay Trailer!!!!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Sigh. I'm so impatient.

I also have 14 working days to go til I finish for the Summer, so I'm really wishing these 3 weeks away.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Neeeeed horses!

I had vision corrective surgery recently and haven’t been able to spend as much time with my pony as I would want. I’m craving any kind of news about the horse ranch pack, just to see horses.

Only just managed to start spending more time in the computer. Going back over my saves that are on hold and doing some minor building.

Feeing so impatient.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,850 Member
    @Haflinger hope you're fully recovered by July 20! :)
    15 Days!!!!

1 Day Till The Horse Ranch Gameplay Trailer Drops!!!!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm more impatient for the 1 day wait for the gameplay trailer than I am for the two week wait for the pack. :D
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just preordered it. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I'm more impatient for the 1 day wait for the gameplay trailer than I am for the two week wait for the pack. :D

Don't forget the deep dive livestream is on the 14th 🙂.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Don't forget the deep dive livestream is on the 14th 🙂.

Oh, I'm excited for that, too, but don't we usually get the world map around the same time as the gameplay trailer? That's when the hype train really gets moving for me.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I’d like to say I’ve been seeing tons of horse stuff in my FB feed as a sign for this pack, but … seeing as most of my FB friends are horse people, I was gonna see it anyway 😂

Guess I’ll have to feed the pony earlier tomorrow morning so I can be home when the trailer drops and watch it on a bigger screen than my phone.
    edited July 2023
    14 Days!!!!
    2 Weeks!!!!
    8 Days Till The Horse Ranch Livestream!!!!

Gameplay Trailer is Today!!!!
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    Finally got to preorder, had to adult and do it later can't wait, neeeed.Where I live there are places you can drive past and you'll see the horses safe but close enough to admire and I never got to ride one and these horses look so good. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,328 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul!

Gameplay Trailer discussion thread :)

I'll be making one for the livestream on the 14th as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited July 2023
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think there will be some Native American townies/inspiration in the pack? I think the second main woman in the trailer was Native American.

That's confirmed in the community blog:

SACRED HEALING CIRCLE

“Indigenous people have always had a deep, spiritual relationship with horses,” says Stacey Parshall Jensen, The Sims’ friend and sensitivity reader who collaborated on The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. “They’re a symbol of power. They provide healing and represent freedom and bravery to our Indigenous culture.”

Together with The Sims team, Stacey worked to co-create food, home items, and clothing that are represented in Horse Ranch, reflecting elements of Native American culture. To celebrate the launch of this pack, The Sims team is making a donation to Sacred Healing Circle, a 100% Indigenous founded and led organization working to support Indigenous communities through preserving traditional methodologies and practices, including the Native American Horse Preservation and Research Program. This program helps to preserve the Native American Horse, as well as protects the traditional and historical knowledge surrounding the horse and Indigenous People in the Americas.

Oh, if that's true this will truly augment my Ancestral game save. Prior to the French and Indian War, the Shawnee lived in the colony of Virginia, peacefully co-existing with the colonists. We have both the French and British people to blame for the change. France contested the land ownership and utilized the Shawnee to help beat off the British. Brits won and made promises they didn't keep to the Shawnee, and the rest is history.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Am I the only one who believes they had this EP made a while ago and for some reason decided to wait until now to release it? Because the less than one month away release date makes me think they had this pack made already, probably way back when they made the Cottage Living EP, and decided to hold out on us, testing the waters on how many of us really wanted horses (and the threat of Paralives and Life by You) probably made them say 'well heck, let's give them what they want.'

I recall reading early on when the person in charge was leaving, that there was a timeline for when certain aspects of the game would be released. It's like they had a plan up front for what would be released and in what order to augment the game. Or something on this order. It was a while ago.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sul sul!

Gameplay Trailer discussion thread :)

I'll be making one for the livestream on the 14th as well.

Thank you.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Exciting! If there's 14 days to go, this means it's 15 days til I break up from work.

I'm so excited to have 6 whole weeks to play with my horsies 😁