We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Official Countdown Thread (Released)

Comments

• GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Downloading...
    8caQc7R.jpg
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Tips to help with download issues:

Try logging out of EA app and in again
    Try restarting your computer
    Try running the app as administrator by logging out, right clicking the app icon on your desktop and clicking 'run as administrator' and then logging in
    Try clearing the cache on the EA app but clicking in the top left, 'help' then 'app recovery' and clear cache

Or any combination of the above.
    They aren't bulletproof methods but hopefully something you can try
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 6,821 EA Community Manager
    Of course the EA App still can't verify German credit cards :'(

I've flagged this to everyone I can think to flag it to. Hopefully we'll get this resolved soon!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,745 Member
    edited July 2023
    Haflinger wrote: »
    hadklax wrote: »
    This thread is normally super busy before release! :/
    5 minutes left.

Maybe it's the timing? It's PST for me here, but EST is what? almost 1 pm, so maybe people are hurrying back to work from their lunch break and such?

or maybe some of us are experiencing ''technical difficulties''
    like me having to upgrade my computer before I get this no matter how excited I am
    so we are just chillin here at the background like yey soon! but not yet able to join the party :sweat_smile:
    I don't know why people feel there is lack of excitement tbh
    I haven't really noticed lack of excitement for this pack in particular
    most people I've seen being very excited for it or at least part of it

besides from certain people who never really seem all that excited about TS4 content to begin with
    I don't tend to keep up with that vocal group myself cause I often find those accounts depressing
    and I don't seek for such content in my life I can depress myself very well without any help if necessary
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Tashi wrote: »
    I purchased it 2 hours ago and now it isn't showing up to down load!

Are you still seeing this issue now?
    All resolved, had to restart computer twice.

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I’ve logged out and logged back in to Origin. I’ve restarted Origin. I rebooted my MacBook. I can see that I purchased Horse Ranch, but if I go to “view in library” it just takes me to the play button for my game. If I click “expansion packs” down below under the more button, I can see that I have Horse Ranch, but if I click details, it just takes me to a blank black screen.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,372 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Of course the EA App still can't verify German credit cards :'(

I've flagged this to everyone I can think to flag it to. Hopefully we'll get this resolved soon!

Thank you very much <3

Here's a workaround for European Visa card owners:

You can use your credit card to buy digital EA wallet cards at Amazon (e.g. 25 € + 15 €). The codes will be visible in your Amazon game library.

Then go to the EA App and buy the pack with your wallet. This has the immense advantage that you will get the bonus content immediately. If you buy the pack itself at Amazon, this may be difficult - last time it took the Amazon customer service 2 weeks to organize the bonus code for me.

This is what I'm seeing right now after i click "Expansion packs" under the more section, and then on details for Horse Ranch. I don't see a place to install it anywhere and Origin says I own the content.

HgIbxoF.jpg
    Have you tried to close and restart the EA App?
    Have you tried to close and restart the EA App?

I don't have the EA App. I've got a Macbook so it's still using Origin. I've closed it and restarted several times and shut down and booted up my computer as well.
  • SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    I've been napping 😴
    So I missed the countdown and kinda glad I've waited, think the traffic will be busy.
    Food and then I'm gonna update everything 😁🐴
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,502 Member
    @Halflinger have you tried reinstalling Origin? I hope you can get it sorted soon, that must be so frustrating.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 6,821 EA Community Manager
    I’ve logged out and logged back in to Origin. I’ve restarted Origin. I rebooted my MacBook. I can see that I purchased Horse Ranch, but if I go to “view in library” it just takes me to the play button for my game. If I click “expansion packs” down below under the more button, I can see that I have Horse Ranch, but if I click details, it just takes me to a blank black screen.

This is being investigated as we speak.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    @Halflinger have you tried reinstalling Origin? I hope you can get it sorted soon, that must be so frustrating.

Yeah. I just tried reinstalling. Still didn’t work. So I guess I’m just gonna have to hang tight and hope this gets sorted. I wanna get my sim ponies. 😢
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,502 Member
    Awww @Haflinger I really feel for you, cos I know how excited you've been. I hope they can fix it in a jiffy, like in the next hour...
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 455 Member
    @Haflinger When you reinstalled Origin did you do the reset as described here: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
    I think it clears the caches. But maybe even that won’t help if it’s a problem at their end. Hope it gets sorted for you really soon.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,785 Member
    Finally installed, I had the strangest issues with constant crashing after the EA app viciously attacked me I had to take a photo and show you. I mean my net isn't the best and I just know my temp computer isn't helping but I swear it holds my connection better than this.
    Ei7Ulur.jpg

No.

Okay now to go check out the pack.

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @Haflinger When you reinstalled Origin did you do the reset as described here: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
    I think it clears the caches. But maybe even that won’t help if it’s a problem at their end. Hope it gets sorted for you really soon.

Yep. Tried it. I can now see that I can purchase Horse Ranch as a gift, but still no install button.
    @Haflinger That’s just so frustrating. I don’t know why there are always problems like this on pack release day. But at least it’s being worked on so should be fixed soon.
    Yes! Finally! I don't know what I clicked (I had game updates turned off, but I clicked it on just to see so maybe that was it) and it's downloading.
    @Haflinger Fantastic!
    Wonderful!! Have fun with it!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,497 Member
    @Haflinger That’s just so frustrating. I don’t know why there are always problems like this on pack release day. But at least it’s being worked on so should be fixed soon.

Excellent! I'm so looking forward to your perspective on the pack.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,497 Member
    Finally installed, I had the strangest issues with constant crashing after the EA app viciously attacked me I had to take a photo and show you.

Lol. 😄

Glad it's working now.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,165 Member
    Yes! Finally! I don't know what I clicked (I had game updates turned off, but I clicked it on just to see so maybe that was it) and it's downloading.

Oh Yay! I was blown away so can't wait for you to join in the fun!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion