Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,800 Member
    @dogzdinner
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Got to admit I was on the 'its a scam!' bandwagon but having played for a while you can clearly see how much work has gone into horses.

Always glad to see a convert! 😄
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    my girl is frazzled tough running a ranch lol
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,841 Member
    It is weird to see the crazy cult people saying, because they want more, in half hearted reviews that this isnt an expanision, but it is. That isnt defined by what is wanted it is defined by the man hours into the largest amount of content currently provided. I am glad to see them being swallowed by people that are enjoying themselves because it is a nice pack, don't mind me there is just so much pointless nastiness outside of a bubble of peace it really does make a difference to someone like me that people can just be happy.

I am currently waiting for my foal or filly to be born so dont have anything else to add just yet been really thrilled with this. Maybe there is a tint bit of almost horsegirl still in the young part of my brain after all. 😁
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2023
    This simmer on twitter showed what the neighborhoods look like with the eco pollution. Something I'll definitely be doing at some point.
    I feel like the vibe here is so perfect for zombies!
    Too bad there is no zombie mod that I actually like.
    But super cool nonetheless 😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Woooah, the industrial eco footprint looks awesome. Well....not awesome as in I'd like to live there, but awesome as in I'd like to make my sims live there. >:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,370 Member
    This simmer on twitter showed what the worlds look like with the eco pollution. Something I'll definitely be doing at some point.
    I feel like the vibe here is so perfect for zombies!
    Too bad there is no zombie mod that I actually like.
    But super cool nonetheless 😎

The industrial footprint looks like a dust storm, kind of fitting with the desert landscape.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I love the new world. I only had time to explore it a little bit today, but tomorrow I'll be moving my Sim in there. :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2023
    I just realized I made this post 5+ years ago (my god TS4 is old :sweat_smile:) and now I finally get to live what I wished for! :blush:

l0z8Qtt.png
    CTFD1yn.png
    PX5WfCI.png
    stwHrsW.png

Ok there are not a lot of horses in this picture because they are so cute I keep forgetting to actually screenshot them :joy:

This pack in combo with Cottage Living & Eco Lifestyle gives me a lot of joy
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I started my darlings.

Jet was easiest. She was jet black with just a little smudge of white (in her later years, she got really gray around her head). And of course, she had to wear her pink. Pink for my girl. She has a black western saddle and a pink saddle blanket and a brown english saddle and a pink saddle pad and has a pink sidepull/bridle.

mvE3hgB.jpg
    This was the very first ride I ever had on her, when I was trying her out as a lease after my Big Red Heart horse, Flair, had passed.

Jezqf0bl.png
    And as a sim horse

Flair was next. He was also pretty easy, being a copper-red chestnut and had two smudges of white (a small star and then this odd little smudge about the middle of his face. I only ever rode him english, so he's got traditional brown tack and a hunter-green saddle pad since that was his barn color.

Y7ovnsx.jpg
    This photo was taken about 3 weeks before he colicked and I had to say goodbye. He was 30 years old and still doing light walk/trot/canter.

D7ql8SF.jpg
    At 29, he had a really bad dental issue and dropped a lot of weight, so the dentist (who was also our vet) had to pull a lot of teeth. He was on soaked hay pellets and senior feet and beet pulp, and was really coming along nicely and putting weight back on.

1dYnflZl.png
    And as a sim horse!

Still have one more to go, but he's going to be tricky to paint. Special coloration and all.

These are lovely horses! Though I do wish the game could capture the shine. Horses are so shiny!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,177 Member
    Awesome @Haflinger Its so sad when they pass. My first owned was a welsh pony which I wish they had put ingame as well. He was a quirky little devil I think he took lessons from a Shetland. Mind I did outgrow him soon after but he became somewhat of a family pet. Although I don't think my Mom appreciated me bringing him in the back door once.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    How's everyone feeling about the pack? Is it worth it or should I just wait for a sale? I'm trying to save money atm, buuuut I was a horse girl growing up and I'm soooo tempted. :D
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I started my darlings.

Jet was easiest. She was jet black with just a little smudge of white (in her later years, she got really gray around her head). And of course, she had to wear her pink. Pink for my girl. She has a black western saddle and a pink saddle blanket and a brown english saddle and a pink saddle pad and has a pink sidepull/bridle.

mvE3hgB.jpg
    This was the very first ride I ever had on her, when I was trying her out as a lease after my Big Red Heart horse, Flair, had passed.

Jezqf0bl.png
    And as a sim horse

Flair was next. He was also pretty easy, being a copper-red chestnut and had two smudges of white (a small star and then this odd little smudge about the middle of his face. I only ever rode him english, so he's got traditional brown tack and a hunter-green saddle pad since that was his barn color.

Y7ovnsx.jpg
    This photo was taken about 3 weeks before he colicked and I had to say goodbye. He was 30 years old and still doing light walk/trot/canter.

D7ql8SF.jpg
    At 29, he had a really bad dental issue and dropped a lot of weight, so the dentist (who was also our vet) had to pull a lot of teeth. He was on soaked hay pellets and senior feet and beet pulp, and was really coming along nicely and putting weight back on.

1dYnflZl.png
    And as a sim horse!

Still have one more to go, but he's going to be tricky to paint. Special coloration and all.

These are lovely horses! Though I do wish the game could capture the shine. Horses are so shiny!

Hopefully there will be some mods that add coat shine.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,177 Member
    How's everyone feeling about the pack? Is it worth it or should I just wait for a sale? I'm trying to save money atm, buuuut I was a horse girl growing up and I'm soooo tempted. :D

I am enjoying every minute I play. No regrets whatsoever about paying full price and that comes from someone on a very tight budget.

Where I live cost of groceries have doubled+ and rents have tripled in some places so to have to pay more for an ep now doesn't strike me as odd.

Its the times and I have waited so long for horses to come to Sims 4 there was no way I was going to wait. And its amazing. Horses are so well done and of course can't go wrong (for me) with a western theme.
    I loved the horses in 3 as well but had to use cc especially for the eyes but so far need absolutely nothing for my horses in 4. They did an awesome job.

And by the way I do not work for EA or Maxis. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Quick question: how long til horses age up?
    LiELF wrote: »

I don't know how he did it but it's my personal mission to find out😎

Well first off, I had to give EA money for this pack, so totally no bias at all.

Second of all, there actually is bias because it's horses. And I'm that much of a horse-crazy soul that I would buy it for the horses and the horses alone, so I'm probably not exactly the best advocate for "wait for a sale" (just as a word of warning, I'm a terrible enabler. I had a friend who was considering buying a mare last year and showed me her picture. My response was "if I had enough money for a third horse, that mare would be on my trailer this minute." She bought the mare. :D)

i have waited years for this moment. I didn't much care for reliving my high school experiences (I was the introverted library child with few friends) or reducing, recycling, reusing (not that there isn't an important message there, but I digress). But horses are such a defining point of my life that I really really wanted them in Sims 4. I liked them in Sims 3 when I had an older computer, but I had a hard time playing it on my newer laptop because the specs were all collywobbles (that was before they ported it to 64 bit).

I absolutely love them in this pack. They're organic, they fit into the game the way the reskinned bike and deco statues never quite did, and I am looking forward to making them part of my SimLit screencaps for all the historical stories I've wanted to write, but never got a chance because I absolutely needed horses for the ambiance. I adore how they move. And as I posted above, I've been able to recreate 2 very special horses in my life. I just talked to a friend who I used to trail ride with before she moved to Texas, and she was able to make her horse, a mustang gelding she lost a year and a half ago. And @Bluegayle was able to recreate her special boy.

For that alone, that moment of being able to at least see a sim I created riding a sim horse of one that meant so much to me, to bring them back, however briefly, was enough to make me want the pack. And there was no way in the entire world I was going to wait for a sale.

It's all I can think about lol. I just want to get home so bad and play it but I have things to do 😩😩 Super super fun pack. And it's a total must have for any horse girl or horse boy.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    I am so happy horses can go on vacation. I'm gonna edit Selvadorada and Granite Falls with some horsey stuff.

Horses in Batuu, anyone? 😄

There a mod for taking them to Sixam! So if you *can't* do Batuu for some reason, it's likely moddable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    @Haflinger you're making my wallet finger itch...
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,841 Member
    they live a long time, my new filly will be that age for 27 days, as an example.

I wonder if the treats from cats and dogs effect them?
    YoJSTbe.png
    The sims can leave but I had Kemi here stay until labor was over, poor girl was real run down.
    CEDKJ0m.png
    <3 She is a girl, I didn't realize or just wasn't paying attention but I'd already named her Duke so...yep.

Now honestly, I'll just play some more I took a break and everything lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

I'm actually thinking of moving my simself to that one empty lot in Del Sol Valley. Put in a couple of stalls for my special ponies. It was always a dream to ride in Griffith Park and up to the Hollywood sign, but I don't think I'll be able to do that unless I get a better truck, my Jeep would probably die on me if I drove it that far (even if I have a special European made horse trailer).

Urban horse living. Yeah, done that. B)