Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Pride 2023!

Β«134
mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
Happy Pride, simmers :)

Since Pride 2022 we got the sexual orientation and pronoun updates.
There's more progress that could be made in both, but it's a big step toward making simlife more beautiful and more respectful for everyone.

03-imra-and-chick.png

05-31-23-5-46-34-PM.png

07-dancing7.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Happy Pride Month, all my lovely Simmers! You are seen and loved.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    β€œIt matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love, or how you love. It matters only that you love.” – John Lennon

Happy Pride Month. πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Never in the past decades felt the worldwide backlash as depressing as today. I hope EA stays on our side despite political and economic pressure.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,806 Member
    Happy Pride Month to all the wonderful simmers everywhere!πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Be proud of who you are! Stay true, be you.
    2DJyUrl.png
    6ZKViQv.png
    vZSKYnu.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    A romantic picnic out in the open, as everyone deserves with the partner of their choice:

19.03.23_22-48-32sldq2.png

Happy Pride month!
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    Do you have queer Sims?
    Thought it would be nice to give them a place here in the forum since it's Pride Month 🌈

8d4e3e0b34c05119071fc867c52d594930aba999.jpg
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
    edited June 2023
    One of my favourite ingame couples is Grexee.
    Noxeema Jackson (Drag Queen) and Gregorius 'Beware of GREG!' Lunvik.
    They love each other unconditionally and drama-free even though she is a vampire and he a werewolf.

1d392c10ef359d84629bdd016b31d3e2e3cbb23c.jpg

b8872fb12c2274cfcfe4456dc0fd781880a9b7be.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
    There's a thread in the Sims Franchise forum. πŸ™‚

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008955/happy-pride-2023#latest
    @simgirl1010 oh no. I even used the forum search -.-
    Forum search is the worst. πŸ˜„
  • Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    edited June 2023

Excellent point, dear @DaniRose2143 people must feel pride of what they are and be respectful towards others who are different from them, I prefer honest respect rather than forced "tolerance", that's my point, as anyone of us deserve to be treated with respect, regardless of our gender, race, ethnicity, sexual preference, social class, appearance or beliefs.
    Only by recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of every human being, we can create a just and equitable society for everybody, judge and repect others by the content of their character, not by the differences or similarity they may have with us.

Happy pride month for everybody from your wannabe friend J.R. (Proudly Indigenous)
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.

Excellent point, dear @DaniRose2143 people must feel pride of what they are and be respectful towards others who are different from them, I prefer honest respect rather than forced "tolerance", that's my point, as anyone of us deserve to be treated with respect, regardless of our gender, race, ethnicity, sexual preference, social class, appearance or beliefs.
    Only by recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of every human being, we can create a just and equitable society for everybody, judge and repect others by the content of their character, not by the differences or similarity they may have with us.

Happy pride month for everybody from your wannabe friend J.R. (Proudly Indigenous)

Anyone who can look past the things that make us alike or make us different and still find love and respect for the other is not my just my friend, they are my brother, my sister, or whatever blend of both fits them. Humanity isn't black and white, either/or, it's infinite.
  • Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    Anyone who can look past the things that make us alike or make us different and still find love and respect for the other is not my just my friend, they are my brother, my sister, or whatever blend of both fits them. Humanity isn't black and white, either/or, it's infinite.
    True!

Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I just wanted to say to all the Asexuals that you are remembered, even if it's only a minority. We are human too. ;)

Rita and Dtui have been a bonded couple for decades now and are still as sweet with each other as they were in their twenties πŸ’ž
    (Rita Coombes is the premade highschool teacher of the Boys and Dtui the mentor of Kiyoshi)
    961aeab24799dec324405a557eb4577edfd27a70.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    @SERVERFRA Yes! I am very happy that that's part of the orientation update we got.
    Portia, the werewolf sim in my current avatar photo, is asexual and appreciates your shout-out too :)

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Cool 😎

They are still so in love πŸ’ž The way they look at each other

d47e233592c051674eae535a800bc5dbbab743e9.jpg
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Happy Pride Month everyone! B)

I took this opportunity to make a new and rather unique LGBT sim. Ana Maria or, as she prefers to be called, Animari dos Santos is a transgender nun living in a Selvadoradian sort-of-monastery with another nun, Sister Milagros, and Luna LucΓ­a, an orphan they took in when she was a little child.

animariurfac.jpg

I realise that "nun" isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you think about what a trans woman would do with her life, but I saw one on the Amazon show "The Power" and just had to create my own version. The household hasn't moved into the world yet, I only built their monastery today and am still working on their outfits in CAS at the time of this post. I'm looking forward to playing with them eventually.
    @GrumpyGlowfish what an interesting story idea. I hope you'll post updates.
    What was I thinking! Here it is the 4th day of Pride Month and I haven't highlighted the queens from The Orchid Club. Well I did...sort of. This is a proper showcase. I showed Ximena and Mimi getting ready to perform, and I did post of picture of Mimi offstage when they're being simply Mimi.

Here they are ready to slay...
    L1dq7BP.png

Starting from the top left we have the Queen Mother, Malaika. At the bottom left is the breathtaking Ximena Rivera. At the bottom right we find the bombshell herself, Marilyn Manroe. At the top right we have the songbird and dance machine, Sheniqua Love. And in the middle, the show, The Lady Mimi Eleganza. They hold court at The Orchid Club in my story Schemes and Dreams.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Wow, your queens look amazing! May I ask about Queen Mother Malaika's style? I recognise the hair from My Wedding Stories, but where did she find that dress?
    @GrumpyGlowfish what an interesting story idea. I hope you'll post updates.
    Sure, why not. I wasn't planning to, but if people are interested, of course. I take lots of screenshots anyway, might as well share them. And the other nun, while not a member of the LGBT community, also has a very interesting and unexpected background.
    @GrumpyGlowfish Thank you!πŸ™‚ I need to sort through my mods folder and TSR and see if I can work out whose outfit that is. Unfortunately the creator didn't put any mark in the thumbnail that would identify who made it.πŸ˜” I will do some more searching after work though.
    edited June 2023
    @GrumpyGlowfish I found the dress! You can find it here...

Turksimmer Cavalli Coat And Dress

I missed it because it wasn't on TSR and at first I didn't think it was one of Turksimmer's creations because it didn't have her logo on the thumbnail. I found it by using TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions. I just discovered that it has a utility in it that will list all of the cc used on any given sim! That's about the only way I would have found it. Thank you TwistedMexi!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Happy Pride Month, everyone!

Earlier today, I found a church that displayed a Progressive Pride flag. Considering the current climate, it made my day seeing that.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee