Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basement Treasures looks like more a Delivery Express content than a kit

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
edited May 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Seriously, the items are useless unless you wanna create a old attic or basement, which could be a Delivery Express release than a Kit. I mean, not all houses have a basement, and those items aren's precisally exclusives for that room, and without an attic room tool, it's useless.

A real basement related kit must include some real life utilities items like water boilers/heaters, services meters, grid stuff like fuse box, pipes, valves and some others like workbenches, pegboards and other stuff, not only broken and old furniture.

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Agree. Also the logical place for laundry room and the home gym. An item isn't a treasure unless it's useful in some way. We already have way too much stuff that is static.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think everyone's idea of what goes into a basement is different based on their experiences and I find that to be quite funny. Where I come from the basement usually doubles as a cellar, so it would be filled with jars upon jars of preserves and, depending on season, lots of empty jars. My grandma used to also keep a big trunk filled with grain in her basement and a barrel or two with home made plum brandy and her chickens that were hatching eggs over winter. She also had there a wood burning stove that she used to cook tomato juice on. Sometimes she baked pumpkin on it. There might have been a broken chair too, as fuel for the stove. :smile:
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think everyone's idea of what goes into a basement is different based on their experiences and I find that to be quite funny. Where I come from the basement usually doubles as a cellar, so it would be filled with jars upon jars of preserves and, depending on season, lots of empty jars. My grandma used to also keep a big trunk filled with grain in her basement and a barrel or two with home made plum brandy and her chickens that were hatching eggs over winter. She also had there a wood burning stove that she used to cook tomato juice on. Sometimes she baked pumpkin on it. There might have been a broken chair too, as fuel for the stove. :smile:

A cellar or pantry kit is a good idea.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This kit...well kits in general are not really appealing in my opinion. I guess it helps the Mac and console users who do not have access to mods.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Oooo... a functional furnace/boiler, hot water tank, electrical panel, etc... and having them breakdown suddenly (surprise cold shower)? What a fun idea.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Personally my preference would be for things useful to 'everyone' be given to us for free (SDX) while people who want niche things (eg basement/attic/old-storage-room decor) can buy specific packs for that. It seems anti-cash grabby to me.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Oooo... a functional furnace/boiler, hot water tank, electrical panel, etc... and having them breakdown suddenly (surprise cold shower)? What a fun idea.

Imagine the possibilities. How mucho drama could be added