Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aquariums update

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
Along with pool tables, aquariums needs more love and care.

Like in past Sims games, Sims could buy and feed fishes, clean the aquarium and dispose of dead fishes.

A BG update could include new small aquariums and a update for the ones from packs. The small/medium ones like the Cats & Dogs and Snowy Escape could add new gameplay like feed/clean/dispose.

Comments

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    This sounds like a good idea, and something easy Maxis could do.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think all aquariums, small or large should be able to be cleaned and the fish fed and be able to breed. Also, they should not mix saltwater and river water fish in the same aquarium. Would love to be able to designate a room as an aquarium, sort of like the pools and create a massive aquarium where fish can have more accurate sizes.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    All of this, but make it similar to the chicken coop, so that sims can upgrade their fish tanks for automatic feeding, cleaning and no dying to accommodate for those players (or households) who don't want the extra chore.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    All of this, but make it similar to the chicken coop, so that sims can upgrade their fish tanks for automatic feeding, cleaning and no dying to accommodate for those players (or households) who don't want the extra chore.

Fish are already immortal. I put fowl fish in an aquarium and then it was good as new and good to be eaten after that.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    How about a big Aquarium Hidden Livable World where only the Fishes, Dolphins, Wales, Mermaids & other Sea Animals can live in?
    Yup, I just thought outside the box again. Lol :p;)
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How about a big Aquarium Hidden Livable World where only the Fishes, Dolphins, Wales, Mermaids & other Sea Animals can live in?
    Yup, I just thought outside the box again. Lol :p;)

In that case, scuba diving lots like in TS3. Maybe a refresh for Island Living
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    I think aquarium should have been released with Island Living, showing more original ecology, after all, we know it is NOT related to Hotel&Resort. However, the both are absent in a tropical pack :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to see high quality aquariums added with actual game play tied to them the one we have now is so basic and has ugly low quality looking fish. Wish they would give as a huge variety of saltwater fish beyond basics like clown fish we should get sea horses triggers and it may not be fish but I love my feather duster worm no tank should exist without one.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    edited May 2023
    If aquariums were to be updated I would like the ability to build a museum style aquarium with large tanks, large fish/sea creatures, walk under aquariums, etc.
    Post edited by MichelleW on