Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick ConstrainFloorElevation Question

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
Hi Sims 3 players,

I'm trying to make a grand staircase from a higher terrain to a lower terrain. The height difference is exactly 16 steps (1 wall) with a planned middle landing at 8 steps.

I'm struggling to extend the flooring into the gap from the top terrain out to where the stairs will drop from each side towards the center landing.

Note the gap of tile from the top elevation terrain out to the extension. They are at the same height:

uiWVc3q.jpg

I tried building this into a foundation, but the foundation must be at least one step above the terrain. Note how the terrain at the top is forced downward surrounding the foundation.

yTGCnoc.jpg

Any solutions you can recommend?

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    The different terrain parts you want to connect may be at the same height, but they are on different terrain layers, which means you need at least one step to get from one layer to the other. To get around this, I would use a layout that starts with steps from the top and work my way down to the bottom.