This thread has been superseded by Broken/Updated Mods & CC: May 2023 Grunge Booknook Patch
Broken/Updated Mods & CC: April 2023 Patches
This topic is for collecting reports on mod and custom content status after the April 17, 2023 Spring Kits patch and the April 26, 2023 bugfix patch. Most mod updates are reported here; updates that only add a translation generally aren’t.IMPORTANT NOTE: The Previous Patch Broke All The Things
If you’ve been holding off updating until this patch, please see p. 1 of the previous Broken/Updated Mods post
for updated and cleared mods and custom content. In addition to mods and CC reported there as broken, it’s still possible that there are other newly broken mods out there, and there are many mods that were previously broken or not cleared by their creators. Store a duplicate of your Saves folder somewhere else, away from the game files.HELP ME HELP YOU
This list takes a lot of time to maintain and is easier to manage if it’s kept to its purpose.
- Fully test mods before you report them broken (instructions below). Tell me how they are broken and how you tested. I cannot list mods as broken without this.
- DO NOT mention or hint at mods that break Forum rules (NSFW/18+, etc.). Please see below for other content that is also not reported here.
- “Cleared” reports can ONLY be accepted from modders (or people specifically designated by modders).
- Please don’t report updates that are still Patron-only.
- This is not a support thread. If you need help finding out what mod broke, read the lists!, do a 50-50 (see the links list below), then if needed visit one of the Discord support servers or start a new thread:
- Sims After Dark: https://discord.gg/RqPqCdBsdF
- Deaderpool: https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU
- Don’t ask about what broke or is cleared. If there’s an answer, it’s on page 1.
- If you use Curseforge and a mod is listed updated here but not there, please be patient. File approvals there happen Sunday through Thursday. Your Curseforge mod updates will show up eventually.
Thank you for helping keep this list working! Your support keeps information flowing to Simmers in many
places online beyond here.SOME MODS CAN’T BE DISCUSSED HERE
Mods that breaks the T-for-Teen game rating CANNOT be named or discussed in these official Sims forums. It’s against Forum Rules
. Some creators of these mods also won’t be reported here
depending on how sending you to their content works.Also not listed:
Mods/CC by people who copy other people’s mods/CC, copy other companies’ copyrighted content or trademarks, pirate software or openly support software piracy, do not release free public updates within a reasonable time (3 weeks for CC), or are otherwise not in compliance with EA’s policy on mods.TESTING FOR BROKEN MODS
Before reporting a mod is broken, test it
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- Back up your saves in case you save over or corrupt a favorite file while you’re testing.
- Remove everything else from your Mods folder. Leave only the mod being tested. This is the only way to be sure that the problem is not a conflict between mods.
- Delete the localthumbcache file. This step is important because the file holds the memory of mods. If you don’t delete it, you could still just be seeing a mod conflict or different broken mod.
- Open your game and test to see if the mod is doing what it should. If it’s still broken, please let me know! Tell me how it’s broken and how you tested it, and let the creator know too.
- To test if a last exception (LE) is being generated and why, you can use TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions and/or Deaderpool’s core MC Command Center files (AFTER they’re cleared or updated!). These files rarely break after game updates. If you need help reading an LE, please head to a Discord server (see below). The Forums are an extremely awkward place for LE support, and this is not a support thread.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising